'Legacy of the Sith' Story Teaser

Nebdar

It might be the upcoming changes announced, but I am thoroughly un-hyped for the story content.

For the 10-year anniversary I was expecting a narrative tour-de-force of a KOTFE/KOTET magnitude. It's actually a bit hard to believe BW actually had the chops to deliver that at some point. I have lost all faith that they are able to do so moving forward. Especially in light of the gameplay decisions made for 7.0. Really, except for the part where one can play the Trooper story with Agent skills and equipment (ok and the Outfitter, whose delay speaks volumes about BioWare's lack of ability), everything else is... "questionable" to use a nice word.

Edited by DacianDraco

So happy that Theron is yet again being fridged.

Thanks Bioware, real appreciated!

I don't even care about the sorry excuse of the 7.0 "expansion" anymore, but this made me real mad. Good job.

You do realize there is a reason for that right?

not everyone has chosen to keep theron alive. last time they included him, people got upset because they had got rid of them but was still in the cinematics

So happy that Theron is yet again being fridged.

Thanks Bioware, real appreciated!

I don't even care about the sorry excuse of the 7.0 "expansion" anymore, but this made me real mad. Good job.

Don't worry, we have Lana shoved down our throats yet again, isn't that enough for you? Don't you just love the perfect waifu BioWare's writers have forced on you? Yeah, this definitely took all the wind out of my sails. The only thing that could make me happy about this trailer is if going into this temple was a one way trip for Lana.

You do realize there is a reason for that right?

not everyone has chosen to keep theron alive. last time they included him, people got upset because they had got rid of them but was still in the cinematics

You do realize that was BioWare's decision in the first place right? I guess the murder hobos are the only ones who should be catered to though (unless it comes to precious princess Lana), they're the reason we will never see most of our beloved former companions in the story again regardless of whether we killed them or not.

You do realize that was BioWare's decision in the first place right? I guess the murder hobos are the only ones who should be catered to though (unless it comes to precious princess Lana), they're the reason we will never see most of our beloved former companions in the story again regardless of whether we killed them or not.

Im not defending their choices, let me make that clear. I was just giving the reason why we didn't see Theron in the trailer. I will say I'm all for seeing more of the newer characters (post KOTFE/KOTET) but I wouldn't mind seeing our original companions more

And I'm not sure what a murder hobo is, but if it makes you feel better I don't think I've gone to kill any of my comps on any of my toons except for Quinn

And preemptive apology since it seems that I have upset you, which was not the intention of my first post

Edited by CrazyScruffy

Im not defending their choices, let me make that clear. I was just giving the reason why we didn't see Theron in the trailer. I will say I'm all for seeing more of the newer characters (post KOTFE/KOTET) but I wouldn't mind seeing our original companions more

And I'm not sure what a murder hobo is, but if it makes you feel better I don't think I've gone to kill any of my comps on any of my toons except for Quinn

And preemptive apology since it seems that I have upset you, which was not the intention of my first post

You haven't upset me, the devs have and a murder hobo is someone who just wants to mindlessly kill every character they see. The people who demanded to kill all the companions and who *****ed when companions they killed showed up in a generalized trailer.

World of Warcraft's "writing team" has entered the room. "Hold my beer"

WoW never advertised itself as a Story-MMO though, and neither do Blizzard devs pride themselves in high storytelling. But yeah, the story in SWTOR is WoW-level nowadays. Can't believe this is coming from the same company that did KOTOR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, original SWTOR or KOTFEET. Ossus-Onslaught-Malgus "arc" is the lowest tier reductive rehash you can think of

Edited by Pietrastor

Don't worry, we have Lana shoved down our throats yet again, isn't that enough for you? Don't you just love the perfect waifu BioWare's writers have forced on you? Yeah, this definitely took all the wind out of my sails. The only thing that could make me happy about this trailer is if going into this temple was a one way trip for Lana.

Agreed. I am tired of Lana being shoved down my throat and I am not one to want another companion dead but.....

On the plus side, it was nice seeing people in the comments getting excited.

Also on the plus side, no hint of Vaylin 2.0. Mentally I have drawn a line in the sand. If they bring Vaylin back from the dead, I'm going to quit bothering with the story.

On the minus side, I'm really not looking forward to spending a whole "story" flashpoint with Lana. She needs to get her time reduced to match Theron's token screen time. Divvy up her dialogue to other characters, I don't care, just stop shoving her in our faces!

Elom is gorgeous and I'm looking forward to seeing it live. I'm hopeful that Malgus' story will now move forward (and not just with another mysterious hint about what he's doing next). I like Malgus and his VA. I'm not for resurrecting dead characters in general, but given how few resources they seem to have for story I'd rather they bring back a developed existing character than make a new, underdeveloped one.

Not remotely surprised but still pretty depressed to see yet more Lana and no sign of any other LIs. Lana isn't my bestie on any character. She's like a secretary I can't fire who stalks me everywhere. I liked her when she was first introduced, but it's just too boring and predictable now. She was a much better character when she was more reserved and not always in our faces.

Imagine how refreshing it would be if that had been one of our old class companions with us in the new flashpoint instead. I don't care about screentime being evenly distributed between all companions. That's impossible now. I just want someone there who makes sense for the story and preferably someone I'm surprised to see for a change.

Elom is gorgeous and I'm looking forward to seeing it live. I'm hopeful that Malgus' story will now move forward (and not just with another mysterious hint about what he's doing next). I like Malgus and his VA. I'm not for resurrecting dead characters in general, but given how few resources they seem to have for story I'd rather they bring back a developed existing character than make a new, underdeveloped one.

Not remotely surprised but still pretty depressed to see yet more Lana and no sign of any other LIs. Lana isn't my bestie on any character. She's like a secretary I can't fire who stalks me everywhere. I liked her when she was first introduced, but it's just too boring and predictable now. She was a much better character when she was more reserved and not always in our faces.

Imagine how refreshing it would be if that had been one of our old class companions with us in the new flashpoint instead. I don't care about screentime being evenly distributed between all companions. That's impossible now. I just want someone there who makes sense for the story and preferably someone I'm surprised to see for a change.

LMAO YES "She's like a secretary I can't fire who stalks me everywhere" is such a good analogy XD man, one of our previous companions coming back instead of Lana would be so amazing but so unlikely due to her status as writer's pet :( even just us plus the temporary faction companion would be a million times better.

A "Virmire" choice involving Lana would be the most amazing late Christmas present ever <3

On the plus side, it was nice seeing people in the comments getting excited.

Also on the plus side, no hint of Vaylin 2.0. Mentally I have drawn a line in the sand. If they bring Vaylin back from the dead, I'm going to quit bothering with the story.

On the minus side, I'm really not looking forward to spending a whole "story" flashpoint with Lana. She needs to get her time reduced to match Theron's token screen time. Divvy up her dialogue to other characters, I don't care, just stop shoving her in our faces!

Or they can make a "chose your companion" option so that we can choose the companions we want for the story flashpoint. Ideally, this should be an option that includes everyone's class companions, but since Bioware want to save money *roll eyes* because the VAs are so expensive, they should put Theron as the second option so that people at least have 2 options, except those edge lords who whines about not able to kill everyone of course.

Great, part 27th of the nothing-burger Malgus "story". Don't think Bioware writing team could get any lazier, unimaginative and predictable than this

"Witness Malgus like you've never seen him before! Giving a standard monologue about strength and power that any Sith could give and it would be believable that's their ideology."