Why not delay 7.0 again?

csilvajonas

The title pretty much says it to devs, so why don't you just delay 7.0 again? As much as you try to hide it, because it would look bad to just say "it's not ready for launch", it just feels like we're gonna get a version, a ghost of what 7.0 would be and wait a few more months to get what was promised. Idk, ask people around, see how they feel, but a delayed game might eventually be good, a rushed game is always bad. It doesn't seem to be a bad idea at this point, watching people streaming nim raids on pts, is just a horror show imo, it feels unbalanced. I still think jugg tank choices are bad, why not remove useless skills we never need? Rip using it on cartel warlords if we leave Sunder last, gonna need 2 sin tanks for that. Which is fine, but hey, you're making a game where people will end up playing one class most of the times (as it is already happening, most tanks i know use sin for almost everything if not all) and i don't mean this so you nerf sin, but buff the other classes. You are probably going to fix/rebalance a lot of things, same happens on every major update, but seeing how excited people were when 7.0 was announced and how they're getting with every dev tracker post saying something is not gonna come on 7.0 anymore, just delay the patch, give it one or two more months to polish and bring a really new and complete experience. I guess i'll just be ignored again, i'm still waiting for a reply on why so many nim bosses are having desync issues for months now, but hey, never hurts trying.

It wouldn't just "look bad". It would mean however many more months of a dead game where the entire end game is Hammer Station SM and Toborro's Courtyard SM. People are going to unsub until the expansion actually comes. A lot of people already feel burned because they subbed up in December and got no expansion.

Someone made a good suggestion on the PTS subform, split the rollout so that story comes out in 7.0 and all other changes in 7.1+

It's funny, in a way, I report bugs to the Document Foundation for their LibreOffice product, and one particular bug that I first logged in 2019, after two years of me updating the bug saying okay this doesn't work right in 6.3.0.0, doesn't work right in 6.3.3.1, still a problem in 7.2.0.0, nope not working in 7.3.0.0... someone finally get around yesterday to looking at it and the bug will be fixed in 7.3.1 and 7.4 of their upcoming releases.

At least they got to it. It took so long because everyone's brother wants to dive in and mess with the spreadsheet application, but damn few are even remotely qualified to mess with graphical programs, and almost all of my bugs are against the Draw program.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Well, we're already about to get a dead version of the so called expansion. Cyberpunk is here to prove what happens when you rush things (not saying the same will happen with swtor, the 7.0 hype is nothing compared to cyberpunk's hype). And a lot of people i know already expect a delay, those people you talk about could have just waited for 7.0 launch to sub, i mean, it's Bioware we're talking about, we should know better at this point than to trust they will deliver things in time and with high quality. And swtor is not dead, people keep saying that since i first joined the game 5 years ago, yet, it's stil here. Delaying a game might be frustrating, but it's nothing compared to the horror show we get full of desyncs/bugs/exploits when they rush things. I doubt we're gonna get a long story, it will probably be as long as the traitor's arc (3 fps long and a few cutscenes). 7.0 so far is new story (probably a short one), 1 new daily area (i think), new max level and a big rip to some classes. If anyone is planning on subbing to the game, it's worth waiting for 7.1 at this point, Also, without weapons on outfit designer, cartel market sales will most likely go down, either that or they take a step back and make weapons moddable, any of those options don't sound good for them. Edited by csilvajonas

The title pretty much says it to devs, so why don't you just delay 7.0 again? As much as you try to hide it, because it would look bad to just say "it's not ready for launch", it just feels like we're gonna get a version, a ghost of what 7.0 would be and wait a few more months to get what was promised. Idk, ask people around, see how they feel, but a delayed game might eventually be good, a rushed game is always bad. It doesn't seem to be a bad idea at this point, watching people streaming nim raids on pts, is just a horror show imo, it feels unbalanced. I still think jugg tank choices are bad, why not remove useless skills we never need? Rip using it on cartel warlords if we leave Sunder last, gonna need 2 sin tanks for that. Which is fine, but hey, you're making a game where people will end up playing one class most of the times (as it is already happening, most tanks i know use sin for almost everything if not all) and i don't mean this so you nerf sin, but buff the other classes. You are probably going to fix/rebalance a lot of things, same happens on every major update, but seeing how excited people were when 7.0 was announced and how they're getting with every dev tracker post saying something is not gonna come on 7.0 anymore, just delay the patch, give it one or two more months to polish and bring a really new and complete experience. I guess i'll just be ignored again, i'm still waiting for a reply on why so many nim bosses are having desync issues for months now, but hey, never hurts trying.

Delaying the expansion for raid content which almost no players actually participate in seems incredibly silly. The changes are clearly targeted at bringing in new players since the SW IP is finally going places again.

Well, we're already about to get a dead version of the so called expansion. Cyberpunk is here to prove what happens when you rush things (not saying the same will happen with swtor, the 7.0 hype is nothing compared to cyberpunk's hype). And a lot of people i know already expect a delay, those people you talk about could have just waited for 7.0 launch to sub, i mean, it's Bioware we're talking about, we should know better at this point than to trust they will deliver things in time and with high quality. And swtor is not dead, people keep saying that since i first joined the game 5 years ago, yet, it's stil here. Delaying a game might be frustrating, but it's nothing compared to the horror show we get full of desyncs/bugs/exploits when they rush things. I doubt we're gonna get a long story, it will probably be as long as the traitor's arc (3 fps long and a few cutscenes). 7.0 so far is new story (probably a short one), 1 new daily area (i think), new max level and a big rip to some classes. If anyone is planning on subbing to the game, it's worth waiting for 7.1 at this point,

Plus old-timers are used to it (which says something if we've been accustomed to this). Scroll down to the 2.0 patch releases and look how frequently updates were made after that release (when I started). Log in and practically every week, sometimes in the same week, there's another hotfix:

2.8 Spoils of War 6/10/2014

2.8a 6/13

2.8b 6/18

2.8.1 7/1

and next major point release after that:

2.9 Galactic strongholds 8/19/2014

2.9a 8/21

2.9b 8/26

2.9c 8/29

2.9d 9/4

Not that there's anything magic about additional delays, but perhaps extra time would help.

I wouldn't mind seeing story in 7.0 and everything else hit 7.1+

Edited by xordevoreaux

Delaying the expansion for raid content which almost no players actually participate in seems incredibly silly. The changes are clearly targeted at bringing in new players since the SW IP is finally going places again.

Sorry if i wasn't clear, the delay is not about raiding changes, those were just things i personally think are still a problem, since raiding is what i do most on this game. But the post comes after they announced that weapons are not on the outfit designer and from other things i think will make 7.0 a big disappointment, but 7.1 sounds promissing. And if i may point it out, raiding is done by a lot of players, just check how many viewers the Darth Malgus raiding event had on twitch, without Bioware's help, it was probably the most seen swtor event ever on twitch, it happened last december.

Edited by csilvajonas

Again, they can't release the story alone. It's for characters level 75-80 for one, second they couldn't even release ITEMS on a vendor without releasing the whole thing.

Be realistic.

Not gonna lie though, this last month has been super boring, I have no desire to wait even longer for the story (which is the only thing I care about at this point).

Also, we have no idea about the actual state of the game right now, considering that the current PTS build is 6 weeks old or something. As long as it's not a total buggy mess, at least we'll get to play the story while we wait for the inevitable balance fixes.

I however do hope that 7.1 will come FAST after 7.0.

A delay won't give us what we want, just make what we don't want work better.

So from a general frustration point of view, a delay in anything but story might help, but don't expect all the remaining concerns about 7.0 to suddenly die away.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I'm in favor of delaying it again. If they did that I might be able to finish Everybody Knows My Name and the Dark vs Light bosses. There isn't anything in 7.0 that I actually want anymore except Remnant gear in Collections (unless they're delaying that too...) and a bunch of things I don't want like ugly new class icons/character creation/UI, not being able to use cartel weapons, and potentially losing leveling gear appearances. So I'd rather not have it tbh.

I'm in favor of delaying it again. If they did that I might be able to finish Everybody Knows My Name and the Dark vs Light bosses. There isn't anything in 7.0 that I actually want anymore except Remnant gear in Collections (unless they're delaying that too...) and a bunch of things I don't want like ugly new class icons/character creation/UI, not being able to use cartel weapons, and potentially losing leveling gear appearances. So I'd rather not have it tbh.

To touch on the leveling gear, outside of your first planet all the leveling gear is staying with the same look, as far as I am aware. The first planet they give you the same look twice instead of how in live you get two versions of the same type of gear, but each has a slight variation, usually hood up vs down.

So not horrific. Also most of the leveling gear has similar versions in crafting trees.

To touch on the leveling gear, outside of your first planet all the leveling gear is staying with the same look, as far as I am aware. The first planet they give you the same look twice instead of how in live you get two versions of the same type of gear, but each has a slight variation, usually hood up vs down.

So not horrific. Also most of the leveling gear has similar versions in crafting trees.

Have you confirmed this on the PTS? I know Jackie Ko said they would be reusing most of the appearances, but since that was kind of vague I wasn't sure how much would be reused and how much not.

I'm in favor of delaying it again. If they did that I might be able to finish Everybody Knows My Name and the Dark vs Light bosses....not being able to use cartel weapons

I'm in favour of another delay for the above reasons. I'm really annoyed that we won't benefit from using WEAPONS WE BOUGHT because the weapons outfitter does not work (bought weapons will be below the 318 i rating for the starter 75+ gear). It's not like those of us who tried out the PTS didn't feed this back ages ago. If they also announce loadouts and/or the GS objective problems won't be fixed as well I, (and probably many others), am out.

Personally..

No thank you to delay!

Release the patch/story and fix what doesn't work correctly throughout the months.

Bioware's SWTOR division is not big enough and have enough funding for me to demand everything be buttersmooth.

I do not have issues with bugs as long as the company work towards continuing support and fixing as much as they possible can after launch, but I'm not naive enough to believe that you can just handwave away issues with too little funding, Manpower and Covid.

They have already delayed the combat stances for almost two months which is way too long IMO (my most wanted feature).

They definitely shouldn't release 7.0 when they can't even make weapon outfitter a thing.

Imagine spending $25 or 2.5B Credits to buy a lightsaber and find it completely useless because there's no >306 mods for it. Imagine how happy those paying customers would be lmao

Not only 7.0 is plagued with issues that do not resolve anything but do damage to the game.

It also launches at about the same time with Lost Ark !!

Who the hell thought it was a good time to launch, 15 days after Lost Ark launch ?

I Want to play both games, not forced to choose.

They definitely shouldn't release 7.0 when they can't even make weapon outfitter a thing.

Imagine spending $25 or 2.5B Credits to buy a lightsaber and find it completely useless because there's no >306 mods for it. Imagine how happy those paying customers would be lmao

Imagine delaying an expansion because of a cosmetic issue.

It is an issue for many (myself included). Yes there are plenty of other issues that are far worse that aren't being fixed (not one mention fixing the mess that is loadouts for example), however any issue that has the potential to affect Cartel Market sales should be a priority for BW. No-one will be buying the new weapons (that will be available to buy in the CM at launch) for their level 80s until this is fixed. Some of the level 80 weapons look and sound ugly.

* A cosmetic issue that prevents practical use of the most expensive items in the CM.

IMO this is a certain delay. If you can count on BW to do one thing... it's to protect the CM.

It would mean however many more months of Hammer Station SM and Toborro's Courtyard SM.
I wouldn't mind another month or two of Torborro. I'm at a point where selling all my RPMs isn't my only option, now, obtaining item rating 300 augments is no longer just a pipe dream. Edited by Falensawino