7.1 scheduled release month?

fabsus

hey bioware.

first i want to thank you for the improved forums activity and giving us more detailed information.

i know it is hard, it costs time and you don't want to give information about stuff, still in progress and to be changed.

so some stuff already have been moved to 7.1 and i wanted to ask, if you could give us a rough

month, when 7.1 is scheduled at the moment, included the latest delays. is it more a march thing,

should we expect 7.1 in may or august?

thanks for answering.

Edited by fabsus

7.1 will release in February 2023 as part of a year-long 11th Anniversary celebration! Why just release a microscopic expansion on time when you can delay it, split what's little in it in half and celebrate for 2 years? As you can see the future of SWTOR is bright, this will be the decade of SWTOR! Stay tuned for 7.1 to find out what Darth Malgus is planning! Edited by Pietrastor

At this point I hope it is March, because we will get nothing when 7.0 drops. Combat styles and class pruning. Custom unmodable weapons + gear. As i did not cry about the gear, the weapons are just a punch below the belt.

No Manaan, operation, nothing really that keeps you invested. No new activity, event for celebrations of 10th year anniversary. We get jack, with a side of squawk.

7.1 will release in February 2023 as part of a year-long 11th Anniversary celebration! Why just release a microscopic expansion on time when you can delay it, split what's little in it in half and celebrate for 2 years? As you can see the future of SWTOR is bright, this will be the decade of SWTOR! Stay tuned for 7.1 to find out what Darth Malgus is planning!

Wasn't it going to be 7.01 In Feb '23?

7.1 will release in February 2023 as part of a year-long 11th Anniversary celebration! Why just release a microscopic expansion on time when you can delay it, split what's little in it in half and celebrate for 2 years? As you can see the future of SWTOR is bright, this will be the decade of SWTOR! Stay tuned for 7.1 to find out what Darth Malgus is planning!

I for one look forward to my free #3A58FF hue changed droid pet I will get in the mail on every character in perpetuity as an apology for 7.1 being delayed to February 2023 with the inclusion of an all new one minute cinematic on Odessen talking about some strange implements Malgus was spotted shopping for at the grocery store (a spade? some seeds? is he taking up gardening?!? put all our resources on monitoring this, Lana) and a lotto you can play that deletes one of the classes from your game files, but has a rare chance of giving you an invisible rancor mount (it's invisible and you can't ride it, but you know it's there if you RP it hard enough).

Remember when instead of updates on Malgus we just had "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO SIDE WITH X?" Every few months? Ah the good ol' days

I love SWTOR - first and foremost I've always enjoyed this game! Never before have I ever witnessed a developer so plainly and whole heartedly rip apart, castrate and destroy a game under the guise of an "expansion" before. This is the first expansion I've witnessed that not only removes features but actually reduces the overall options in game by an astonishing amount. In 6.0 we played how we liked. Now in 7.0 we'll play exactly how they tell us to play. Oh, and the money we've spent on the cartel market items is worthless now as none of it's moddable or useable (weapons). I just can't believe that they are doing this to the game. It makes my heart hurt... Please for the love of all that's right delay this "expansion/patch"!!! NO ONE WANTS THIS STIPPED DOWN, CORPSE OF A GAME YOU'RE FORCING ON US!!!!!

Story is nothing?

I'm expecting it to come in May or something. Earlier would be nice though...

Story is something but at least i'm not going to be annoyed having to go through it with 32 alts this time around as it's probably going to be another 15mn update. That's about the only good point of this EXPANSION.

Story is something but at least i'm not going to be annoyed having to go through it with 32 alts this time around as it's probably going to be another 15mn update. That's about the only good point of this EXPANSION.

It's probably going to be 1-2 hour longs. Yeah, it's not much, but it's still more than 15 minutes lol.

• 1 month later...

bruh you at least have to put in the weapon slot outfiter soon this is stupid, I DONT WANNA LOOK AT THIS TIONESE STUFF

I wouldn't count on 7.1 releasing for another month or two.

You're optimistic.

It's going to take them 3 weeks to fix some bugs.

Then they have to open the PTS to test ops and the weapon in outfitter system eventually.

I'll be surprised if we get anything by May at this rate. So much for "shortly after 7.0."

I for one look forward to my free #3A58FF hue changed droid pet I will get in the mail on every character in perpetuity as an apology for 7.1 being delayed to February 2023 with the inclusion of an all new one minute cinematic on Odessen talking about some strange implements Malgus was spotted shopping for at the grocery store (a spade? some seeds? is he taking up gardening?!? put all our resources on monitoring this, Lana) and a lotto you can play that deletes one of the classes from your game files, but has a rare chance of giving you an invisible rancor mount (it's invisible and you can't ride it, but you know it's there if you RP it hard enough).

You Sir have won the internet :D

Edited by mentalmackem

I literally spit Dr. Pepper all over my desk at work while reading this :D

Unfortunately Swtor is nearing its end of life. I have been here since launch (in most of times as a sub), this is not the 10 years this game deserves.

Not only we did not get the performance improvements many dreamt off, but we are witnessing a game in maintenance mode since 6.1. I thought 7.0 might the start of a new page like 5.8 and .9 (the patches which gave me hope) but its actually getting worse. Sometimes I wish BW pulls the plug Swtor, cause really this game and its player base do not deserve this. So much potential and so many wrong decisions since 4.0. Sometimes it feels there is one person working on this game.