If all your character data got wiped ...

Macetheace

How long do you reckon it will take you to get back to where you are? And would you e njoy playing through the stories again?

I think it could be the death blow for me if BW lost my main. I’ve played that toon since Early Access 2011.

How long do you reckon it will take you to get back to where you are? And would you e njoy playing through the stories again?

It took me 9 and a half years to get to where I am now. It would take me surely much more than that again, because it would all just be a chore to do it again.

That said, if all my character data* got wiped, I would be sad for a bit, then very happy, because I could finally uninstall this game with my mind at peace, stop wasting so much time on it, and play other games instead.

*I assume you mean all my characters' data.

Edited by JattaGin

I'm accused of too-oft repeating on the forums how many toons I have, but if they all got wiped, I'm not sure what I'd do beyond create at least 2 toons to regain GL status in my guilds. Beyond that, no idea.

Say I lost my account and I had to start from scratch, I think I would just find another game.

If I didn't have a community of friends in my guild, and was just going it alone guildless, I might as well, but for me sticking around in SWTOR is more about them than it is the game.

Say I lost my account and I had to start from scratch, I think I would just find another game.

I recently had issues with my account they done a restore I lost all my credits and all gear for every toon I have had to restart it really sucks I have video and screenshots and support still say they have no record it's just bad lazy work.

Depends on what you mean. If my main got deleted but I had my other characters. It would hurt but I imagine it would take a year to rebuild. But at least this time her romance would Theron wouldn't have mysteriously disappeared. :D

If I lost all of my characters but my legacy unlocks, account unlocks, and strongholds were still intact, I would probably cry and not play the game for a year, but I could rebuild in a few years. However, the chances of me recreating the characters for classes I don't really care for are super slim.

If I lost everything, I am fairly certain I would just quit for a few years then come back once I started to miss the game and just take that year to leisurely recreate my main.

I would enjoy the Consular, Trooper, Smuggler, and Sith Warrior stories... maybe Bounty Hunter if I manage to sidestep any railroaded romance I had no intention of being in. The rest I would just pass on.

Now years ago while i was still in full swing in this game....i would be pissed and would demand an immediate compensation of some kind......dont know what...but you know how emotions can wreak havoc on good logic sometimes.

Now? If my account were to be wiped...i wouldnt care in the least. Knowing myself and how the game works, i would start over on a main and stick to that toon. Its either that or just leave all together....but again, knowing myself i would not stay gone forever and make a new toon anyway.

I mean, what are you going to be mad about....we own nothing here. We can lose all this work and nothing we can say or do will change that.

If its just the characters and not legacy / achievements then not that big of a deal. Would loose some titles, flares, outfits and dyes though which could get costly.

Achievements takes the most time to do out of everything. Characters are just leveling mostly which doesn't take that long, I'm also not opposed to replaying story so that part I'd even enjoy.

Would I stay subbed? Who knows, on the verge of unsubbing for a while (first time in 6+yrs) to sub in another game anyway, it definitely wouldn't be incentive not to.

Edited by Suzsi

If you mean 'start over' I tried that when covid lock down kicked in last year by starting a new toon/legacy on a different server because I was curious what it takes for someone starting from scratch to get on equal footing with someone who, like myself, has been here since beta.

Note, I still work full time (just remotely) and still take care of a family, so I'm still a casual player i.e. this wasn't a full time covid hobby. The only leg up I had/took advantage of was the DvL XP armour set.

Took me just over 9 months to fully level 8 toons (one of each class), gear them up in 306, unlock 6 strongholds, and bank 1 Billion credits. Now I'm having fun going through the legacy achievements like the 1000 kills on every toons alt, etc.

It isn't about the class stories, at all, for me so that side wouldn't be a bother. . Maybe 1 char in 10 I play is ever progressing with class story beyond getting the ship.

...But oher stuff like old keepsake items, legacy unlocks, cartel collections, some achis I care about,legacy bank, SHs. I have one Imp and one Rep char who have all cc customizations unlocked for GSF, losing those would suck. Plus characters themselves going away would suck Some have much emotional value!!

Edited by Stradlin

since the game got nerfed into oblivion so the class quests and max level can be done within a few days it wouldn't take long to get all characters levelled up with all class content done. the main annoyance would be all the cartel collection stuff which can't be got back without spending real money again.

It wouldn't be possible to get back *exactly* where I am. Some of my characters have items that were always BoP (or similar) that cannot be acquired new now, at the very least:

* Esseles Assault Cannon.

* Pre-4.0 crafting schematics.

If it was actually *all* my characters rather than just the ones on my main account, the guild <Bande d'Incapables> ("Bunch of Incompetents") would also disappear, since only my characters are in it, and I'd lose control of the Impside guild that I was given when the IRL group of people imploded (for IRL reasons) a few years back.

I think, overall, it would be game over, unsub, uninstall, play something else. A sad day.

If my character data got wiped, but I still had my collections, titles, etc, I'd probably just start a new character. 😏

I've dabbled in a few other MMOs (FFXIV being the latest), but I keep coming back to SWTOR for various reasons. (I must be addicted to forum 'warnings' 😂 )

In some ways, I almost hope this happens. That is, they do an SWTOR 2.0 that only carries over some of SWTOR 1.0's stuff.

Edited by JediQuaker