"Mythic+" (Master+?) Dungeons/Flashpoints?

Orkkec

Hey there!

As someone who ABSOLUTELY loved the end-game content that is constant pushing of Mythic+ dungeons in an MMO that shall not be named --

Would there be any chance, of making such a thing a possibility in SW:TOR?

Flashpoints with a constant higher raising difficulty, depending on a "key" - "holocron"? used before the dungeon gets started, on a time-basis, for example, 40 min to complete the entire Flashpoint, with 3-4 new mechanics changed/introduced into it, that change on a weekly basis, etc, with higher and higher gear drops to be able to push higher and higher.

I'm sure i'm not the only player who would love to see this somehow worked into SW:TOR, making the end-game content even more fun.

Maybe this could be possible? Probably not with all the flashpoints in the game, but, possibly, with new ones, sometime in the future?

I oppose the gear-grind part of this suggestion; a horrible idea. I'd also be against adding any achievements around this mode.

As for the main idea: it will cater to a minute segment of the playerbase. As it is, it is very difficult to get a competent PUG for MMFPs through GF. Not sure catering to a niche group (I count myself in this group, btw) is a useful investment of the available scarce development resources.

Not sure if it's really worth the resources. While I'm sure I could do harder FP's myself, the majority of the playerbase can barely do some of the more difficult ones we have now. (if they can even do them). So making harder FP's versions would only be used by a very small % of the playerbase. I'd rather BW use the resources to make new FP's, PvP Maps, GSF maps, Operations, or even story content that more people would enjoy and it would get played by a larger group of players.

Additional note: I'd disapprove of additional gear levels for FP's. You can already get the same Item level when 7.0 comes out as Vet Ops, so leaving something only NiM Operations to get feels appropriate. While I doubt many people will be inclined to get into NiM Ops for the BiS gear, it will give additional incentives for doing them more then for a 1 time mount or achievement.

Edited by Toraak

Not sure if it's really worth the resources. While I'm sure I could do harder FP's myself, the majority of the playerbase can barely do some of the more difficult ones we have now. (if they can even do them). So making harder FP's versions would only be used by a very small % of the playerbase. I'd rather BW use the resources to make new FP's, PvP Maps, GSF maps, Operations, or even story content that more people would enjoy and it would get played by a larger group of players.

Additional note: I'd disapprove of additional gear levels for FP's. You can already get the same Item level when 7.0 comes out as Vet Ops, so leaving something only NiM Operations to get feels appropriate. While I doubt many people will be inclined to get into NiM Ops for the BiS gear, it will give additional incentives for doing them more then for a 1 time mount or achievement.

Yeah that does sound like a fair enough point. Wasn't really aware of the "minimal" resources the dev team has available. I've played the game on-off since it's release, and it's never really occured to me to look into that.

Also, the suggestion was very selfish when i thought of posting it, to be honest. I haven't really thought of the players "not being able to do the more difficult ones", (yes, i pushed Mythic Raids / M+20 in that unnamed MMO), but i've never really spoken to anyone who "wasn't able to" finish some piece of content, honestly. so i do understand that point!

In regards to the gear, i'm guessing that it would probably require the game to quite seriously re-structure itself and raise gear levels to some insane levels, so that max gear level would still be available through Ops, but there would be some freedom to push those Master level flashpoints..

You do have a great point with the resources, though. If the resources were a lot less limited, i take it such a thing would have already been implemented..

Fair enough!

To paraphrase George Carlin, "Take any human endeavor, now realize that half the people on the planet are below average at said endeavor"

My very first post was about the terrible play in FPs. Coming from WoW (like you), there are certain expectations: 1) Interrupt, 2) Focus fire adds when they pop, 3) Don't break crowd control / crowed control, 4) Use Defensives, 5) Don't stand in "Stupid".

I could give DAILY examples of poor play. Today? I ran with two assassins (I was tanking), neither of whom knew how, or ever THAT they could "Sap" an enemy. They tried once - ended up using Mass Taunt instead.

This is EVERY day. Truthfully though? It's not even their fault. They're the by-product of a system that is so easy (Class stories / quests), I die more when leveling to falls than MOBs.

Youru idea of Mythic + Flashpoints is a great one (I've proposed this before, never formally). Not only would the implementation allow for an alternate gearing track, but there could be a leaderboard showing the best teams / individuals.

The Holocron instead of key idea is genius.

Now, be prepared for pushback. From the "EA doesn't have the resources" white knights, to the NiM raiding crowd, to the frustrated power gamer H OPs folks.

But I support you. (My top end in WoW was M + 17 or so)

To paraphrase George Carlin, "Take any human endeavor, now realize that half the people on the planet are below average at said endeavor"

My very first post was about the terrible play in FPs. Coming from WoW (like you), there are certain expectations: 1) Interrupt, 2) Focus fire adds when they pop, 3) Don't break crowd control / crowed control, 4) Use Defensives, 5) Don't stand in "Stupid".

I could give DAILY examples of poor play. Today? I ran with two assassins (I was tanking), neither of whom knew how, or ever THAT they could "Sap" an enemy. They tried once - ended up using Mass Taunt instead.

This is EVERY day. Truthfully though? It's not even their fault. They're the by-product of a system that is so easy (Class stories / quests), I die more when leveling to falls than MOBs.

Youru idea of Mythic + Flashpoints is a great one (I've proposed this before, never formally). Not only would the implementation allow for an alternate gearing track, but there could be a leaderboard showing the best teams / individuals.

The Holocron instead of key idea is genius.

Now, be prepared for pushback. From the "EA doesn't have the resources" white knights, to the NiM raiding crowd, to the frustrated power gamer H OPs folks.

But I support you. (My top end in WoW was M + 17 or so)

Glad to hear some pluses, to the minuses, lmao.

While i genuinely expect "Team behind SWTOR doesnt have enough resources" can be a good enough point, i absolutely love M+ alternate gearing grind, as opposed to PvP grind and/or having to spam Ops, honestly.

I've done some H Ops already, and was bored. Same thing with Master flashpoints. Got a good group of friends who come from the same background as me going on SWTOR, they are what brought me back this time around. and altho a bit disappointed that we can't exactly pull our expertise as much as we'd like, we'll i guess for now, sate our hunger on trying to push Master Ops or something lmao.

Maybe one day though. One can hope. I feel like a leaderboard while with good intentions, might invite a little too much toxicity AKA you know.. "you're X rank, you don't get to talk" type of thing, which wouldn't exactly be all that good. Altho it would be really cool to have leaderboards, and i for one would absolutely invite it. I don't pug at all, so i wouldn't really know, though i am a bit sad that more people don't really understand how their class works, as you described it :p

Top in WoW was M+25 end of BfA, now i've only done a +20 half a year ago :D