Suggestion: Combat Style - Inheritable Abilities

vashyoung

Title,

yes, with the upcoming changes, i think this is now possible, can we bring 3 abilities of our choice or default choice to our primary combat style vice versa? it would open new possibilities of playing the game

for the sake of balance you can nerf the damage or only usable in pve or something

Edited by vashyoung

That is actually a interesting idea. I do not really think it will happen but if it does probably be 8.0 or tail end of LotS. Would actually probably end up with a lot of classes getting stealth, a lot of force users getting force lightning and some other stuff. I almost think it would be what ends up getting either stealth nerfed or stealth actually completely removed from game altogether. Bioware is already not really happy that people are skipping fights they tried to put barriers up in some flashpoints and other things a while back to prevent running past enemies.

how i think it would be balanced would be 3-5 abilities you could pick but we would probably get another round of ability pruning to go with it. it could change things drastically on how some combat styles actually play out while giving some more utility to groups. The only real issue with some of this is because certain abilities require certain weapon types they would have to alter or change animations which is something they are looking into for various reasons for 8.0 with what they said during 1 interview in august that they are going to eventually add new classes just wont be during 7.0. They could not really invest as much as they wanted to in 7.0 changing up a lot of the animations because of everything they said they were changing in the expansion they just didnt have the budget to do that for LotS. But Inherited abilities could change all the classes very drastically and when you think about it some people will have drastically different abilities they would pick unless it goes limited.