Normalize medpacs

Mahagaan

Could you remove all these medpac variations and just make "medpac" that scales up levels 1-80?

That would be more elegant.

Medpacs are also capable of being crafted. Imagine the lowest level possible to craft any medpac producing a medpac that scales to end game. That would be fun, wouldn't it? You'd never need anything but that first recipe, ever.

It'd have zero sales value because that's all anyone would ever need to make, no need to pursue higher and higher tiers of mats to make more powerful medpacs.

Medpacs are also capable of being crafted. Imagine the lowest level possible to craft any medpac producing a medpac that scales to end game. That would be fun, wouldn't it? You'd never need anything but that first recipe, ever.

It'd have zero sales value because that's all anyone would ever need to make, no need to pursue higher and higher tiers of mats to make more powerful medpacs.

Have you looked at the low level medpacs lately on a high level character? They already scale now. I think what the OP wants is since all medpacs of the same quality type scale to the same level and stats, that it would be nice if there was just a general icon that stacked (higher than 20). Right now, if you do heroics on a few planets and collect all the loot, you end up with 7 or 8 different stacks of medpacs with a different name and icon, but identical stats.

Have you looked at the low level medpacs lately on a high level character? They already scale now. I think what the OP wants is since all medpacs of the same quality type scale to the same level and stats, that it would be nice if there was just a general icon that stacked (higher than 20). Right now, if you do heroics on a few planets and collect all the loot, you end up with 7 or 8 different stacks of medpacs with a different name and icon, but identical stats.

As ZUHFB indicated, no medpac currently scales to 80, which is what the OP wanted, probably, as you say, to eliminate multiple versions of medpacs in one's inventory, but not all medpacs are identical in stats or how they function.

Some are burst heals, some heal over time, and there's definitely a stat difference in heal capacity:

https://i.imgur.com/GcAnfsm.png

As ZUHFB indicated, no medpac currently scales to 80, which is what the OP wanted, probably, as you say, to eliminate multiple versions of medpacs in one's inventory, but not all medpacs are identical in stats or how they function.

Some are burst heals, some heal over time, and there's definitely a stat difference in heal capacity:

https://i.imgur.com/GcAnfsm.png

Right, but let's say for the sake of this topic that the OP is largely referring to the gray-quality medpacs, not premium, prototype, or artifact that you typically get from crafting. Since these are all scaling and giving the same results, let's just consolidate them into a single "type" to cut down on clutter and preferably increase the stack size beyond 20.

Right, but let's say for the sake of this topic that the OP is largely referring to the gray-quality medpacs, not premium, prototype, or artifact that you typically get from crafting. Since these are all scaling and giving the same results, let's just consolidate them into a single "type" to cut down on clutter and preferably increase the stack size beyond 20.

And have vendors buy them at the starter-world price no matter where they are from.

And have vendors buy them at the starter-world price no matter where they are from.

It wouldn't bother me if they had no vendor value, but if they were all made into one type, of item, the vendor value would be the same on every planet. I doubt anybody would be farming starter planets to get rich vendoring medpacs.

They haven't removed slicing nodes from the game so... until something is at least as efficient as farming those on Yavin (for example), you needn't worry about a potential medpac exploit.