What is this? Deception Assasin with Murerous Revalation gear set? Too Fun!

Nickodemous

So, first lets start out by requesting a Valor level bump. With that being said....onwards!

I have played a shadow with the DK (Death Knell) set for quite some time now....it ok....not exciting. Then, on a whim, I decided to roll an assassin to experience the story again....to take a break. When I hit 75, I remembered that I had the full MR set on my previously mentioned shadow. I have always been interested in this set figured what the hell...it had a cool name and an set bonus worth trying.

So, I started looking at some armor penetration here, glanced at some weapon expertise there. THEN, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed my mouse cursor pass over some Alpha Strike! As a result, I threw some Alpha Strike here, some more there, and then mixed in a couple of weapon expertise armorings for S's&G's!

Not knowing what I had created, I decide to queue up for a reg WZ......once again for S's&G's! Got into a voidstar and like a broken record the assassin/shadow goes to guard a door. I sat there in stealth, guarding the door, did a little more guarding, started thinking about work and what I had to do in the morning, got back to guarding the door, and it happened.

Out of know where, while I was drooling on myself from boredom, you guessed it, guarding the door.....an operative popped to cap. Waking from my door guarding coma, I gave a little shadow slide over too him. In about 5 seconds a dirt nap ensued. What was this? That was F#$%ing awesome! So back to stealth I went.

As always in pvp, someone was a little pissed and brought a buddy....a skank,,,, Mez the tank, give a little shadow slide, while still in stealth, to my little buddy, dirt nap! Two Cloaks works....give a slide over to skank, burn him to almost nothing.....ED! Go back to stealth, thank you two cloaks, and finish him off with the slide + MR + Alpha!

Point here people is that I have read several posts on these forums, on different help sites and it the same ole same ole.....got to go DK,,,,DK....DK is the best. Fact is, I am not sure there is another class, with this gear set, that can produce more burst. I am going to continue to work with it. Why, I have a tendency not to follow and like to do my own thing,

PS.....if you are a follower it ok....did not mean to offend! :)

So, first lets start out by requesting a Valor level bump. With that being said....onwards!

I have played a shadow with the DK (Death Knell) set for quite some time now....it ok....not exciting. Then, on a whim, I decided to roll an assassin to experience the story again....to take a break. When I hit 75, I remembered that I had the full MR set on my previously mentioned shadow. I have always been interested in this set figured what the hell...it had a cool name and an set bonus worth trying.

So, I started looking at some armor penetration here, glanced at some weapon expertise there. THEN, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed my mouse cursor pass over some Alpha Strike! As a result, I threw some Alpha Strike here, some more there, and then mixed in a couple of weapon expertise armorings for S's&G's!

Not knowing what I had created, I decide to queue up for a reg WZ......once again for S's&G's! Got into a voidstar and like a broken record the assassin/shadow goes to guard a door. I sat there in stealth, guarding the door, did a little more guarding, started thinking about work and what I had to do in the morning, got back to guarding the door, and it happened.

Out of know where, while I was drooling on myself from boredom, you guessed it, guarding the door.....an operative popped to cap. Waking from my door guarding coma, I gave a little shadow slide over too him. In about 5 seconds a dirt nap ensued. What was this? That was F#$%ing awesome! So back to stealth I went.

As always in pvp, someone was a little pissed and brought a buddy....a skank,,,, Mez the tank, give a little shadow slide, while still in stealth, to my little buddy, dirt nap! Two Cloaks works....give a slide over to skank, burn him to almost nothing.....ED! Go back to stealth, thank you two cloaks, and finish him off with the slide + MR + Alpha!

Point here people is that I have read several posts on these forums, on different help sites and it the same ole same ole.....got to go DK,,,,DK....DK is the best. Fact is, I am not sure there is another class, with this gear set, that can produce more burst. I am going to continue to work with it. Why, I have a tendency not to follow and like to do my own thing,

That's a crafted set, right?

Pretty sure it’s not. I would need to check, but I think I’ve got a few pieces and I know I didn’t get them from crafting or the GTN

you can get them from the vendor with all the other sets

What utilities did you take to get the most out of MR set? I have it and found it very underwhelming compared to DK set. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with it....

Pretty sure it’s not. I would need to check, but I think I’ve got a few pieces and I know I didn’t get them from crafting or the GTN

you can get them from the vendor with all the other sets

Thank you. When I looked for them, I did not see them. Will look again.

Murerous Revalation is for me,,as a Hatred ,,is by far the best set with the right abilities,,for me the DK set is pretty much useless,,in pve its the set to use,,with your mezz ability that makes the enemy do less dps while you get 100% critt outways extra mele dps in my case...in pvp pretty much I wait out wen my grp attacks others and wen i see someone use up their defences that`s when i explode in and make the kill and of course doing it under 10 seconds gives me reapers rush again so i quick tab to the next low health dude and force cloak and pop on him/her fast doing it all over again,,,i found by trial in pvp mainly the Overwhelming Offense tact for me being a dot spreader the best to use,i have 3 dots,,so the moment i use my 1st the tact procs and by the time i use my 3rd dot i`m at max damage and it keeps procc`ing cause of my dots so thru out the whole fight im using all my attacks at max dps and huge critts numbers ,,pub side i use it on my shadow inflitration and use the same technique expect i use a different tactical but over all,,6 seconds of 100% critt with abilities that can make it even more explosive is a no brainer

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

http://www.swtor.com/r/vLPjHL

First and apology, I created this post on my work surface....and forgot my damn glasses at the office while traveling. I had no idea that I misspelled "Murderous" until now. :eek:

Yes the set can be purchased off of the class vendor on fleet. I did a ton of research in regards to gearing my shadow and this set was never mentioned. It wicked fun/wicked good imo. The burst, if played correctly is amazing! Hope others have as much fun with it as I have.

First and apology, I created this post on my work surface....and forgot my damn glasses at the office while traveling. I had no idea that I misspelled "Murderous" until now. :eek:

Yes the set can be purchased off of the class vendor on fleet. I did a ton of research in regards to gearing my shadow and this set was never mentioned. It wicked fun/wicked good imo. The burst, if played correctly is amazing! Hope others have as much fun with it as I have.

Do you recommend Alpha strike with this set over weapon expertise?

I was using the phantom stride talents. They seem to synergize well.

Do you recommend Alpha strike with this set over weapon expertise?

I was using the phantom stride talents. They seem to synergize well.

I will answer your questions with specifics about talents, alpha strike, and how it is all tied in with the set: I will have to get it written down first: I play so many toons now my old *** can’t remember the names of everything off the top of my head. I will update this soon.

Murderous Revelation Set (MR) -

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Overcharge Saber/Force Cloak resets Phantom Stride (PS)

(6) Using PS from stealth grants SHADOWCRAFT, increasing your critical hit chance by 100% for 6 seconds.

Must talents -

Nerve Wrecker - Targets controlled by spike/electrocute take 5% more dmg

Reapers Rush - PS grants Reapers Rush, allows assassinate to be used on any target

My Armorings/hilt

5 - 2% Alpha Strike - Increase Dmg done for 10 seconds after entering combat

2 - +1.2 Weapon Expertise

1 - +1% Force Sensitivity

1 - +2.5 Armor Penetration

Also, remember, an assassin gets Amped Voltage - PS builds 3 static charge.

So, to keep it simple, you have a 6 second window to unleash hell on a target from Phantom Stride. It seems difficult but it really not.

My Rotation -

(1) Phantom Stride - I receive the 100% crit for 6 seconds in combination with the stacked increased dmg from Alpha Strike for 10 seconds.

(2) Spike - 5% more dmg from Nerve Wrecker (spike from behind)

(3) Maul

(4) Discharge - 3 static charge from Amped Voltage

(5) Recklessness - 3 more static charge

(6) Discharge

(7) Assassinate

It may seem like a lot but u can execute the 5 offensive moves during the 6 second 100% crit window.

Tactical - Two Cloaks - Remember gear set automatically resets Phantom Stride so u can automatically get the 100% crit again.

Now, during SHADOWCRAFT (6 seconds of 100% crit) you can pop off some 45k - 70k crits. As I have said, wicked burst. Also, you have two other stun locks....electrocute/low slash if u cannot get the player down initially.

In my original post I explained about the op/skank.....yes I wrecked them both but I got lucky, their stun breakers had to have been on CD. So this is how it played out in more detail, for a better idea of how it all works.

Was in stealth and mezzed the Skank, no cc breaker.

Op popped on door, PS over to him: spike, maul, discharge, recklessness, discharge, assassinate....he was a goner.

Cloaked and PS to Skank, spike, maul, discharge, assassinate and he use ED. I cloaked (why I thanked two cloaks).

I used PS again and finished him off.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Nickodemous

Murderous Revelation Set (MR) -

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Overcharge Saber/Force Cloak resets Phantom Stride (PS)

(6) Using PS from stealth grants SHADOWCRAFT, increasing your critical hit chance by 100% for 6 seconds.

Must talents -

Nerve Wrecker - Targets controlled by spike/electrocute take 5% more dmg

Reapers Rush - PS grants Reapers Rush, allows assassinate to be used on any target

My Armorings/hilt

5 - 2% Alpha Strike - Increase Dmg done for 10 seconds after entering combat

2 - +1.2 Weapon Expertise

1 - +1% Force Sensitivity

1 - +2.5 Armor Penetration

Also, remember, an assassin gets Amped Voltage - PS builds 3 static charge.

So, to keep it simple, you have a 6 second window to unleash hell on a target from Phantom Stride. It seems difficult but it really not.

My Rotation -

(1) Phantom Stride - I receive the 100% crit for 6 seconds in combination with the stacked increased dmg from Alpha Strike for 10 seconds.

(2) Spike - 5% more dmg from Nerve Wrecker (spike from behind)

(3) Maul

(4) Discharge - 3 static charge from Amped Voltage

(5) Recklessness - 3 more static charge

(6) Discharge

(7) Assassinate

It may seem like a lot but u can execute the 5 offensive moves during the 6 second 100% crit window.

Tactical - Two Cloaks - Remember gear set automatically resets Phantom Stride so u can automatically get the 100% crit again.

Now, during SHADOWCRAFT (6 seconds of 100% crit) you can pop off some 45k - 70k crits. As I have said, wicked burst. Also, you have two other stun locks....electrocute/low slash if u cannot get the player down initially.

In my original post I explained about the op/skank.....yes I wrecked them both but I got lucky, their stun breakers had to have been on CD. So this is how it played out in more detail, for a better idea of how it all works.

Was in stealth and mezzed the Skank, no cc breaker.

Op popped on door, PS over to him: spike, maul, discharge, recklessness, discharge, assassinate....he was a goner.

Cloaked and PS to Skank, spike, maul, discharge, assassinate and he use ED. I cloaked (why I thanked two cloaks).

I used PS again and finished him off.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for talking the time to write this. I think it's interesting and very informative.

What about using Reaping Strike in the opener? It's a really hard hitter.... I'll keep experimenting and let you know what I find.

So far I'm liking this playstyle and I think it has some legs in PVP.... I'm a casual mediocre player, but this theorycrafting and experimenting is right up my alley.

Thank you for talking the time to write this. I think it's interesting and very informative.

What about using Reaping Strike in the opener? It's a really hard hitter.... I'll keep experimenting and let you know what I find.

So far I'm liking this playstyle and I think it has some legs in PVP.... I'm a casual mediocre player, but this theorycrafting and experimenting is right up my alley.

Will do, I will update as I play with it some more! Like yourself, I also like to experiment and this was a pleasant surprise! I will always favor dps Juggs/guardians but this was just too damn fun to keep a secret! I should add, it very quick! Need to practice a bit. I still mess up with rotation from time to time! Damn auto assassinate! Lol!

Edit: I will update I on reaping strike also!

Edited by Nickodemous

Will do, I will update as I play with it some more! Like yourself, I also like to experiment and this was a pleasant surprise! I will always favor dps Juggs/guardians but this was just too damn fun to keep a secret! I should add, it very quick! Need to practice a bit. I still mess up with rotation from time to time! Damn auto assassinate! Lol!

Edit: I will update I on reaping strike also!

Thanks for the info and updates. Krea discussed the set on discord a month ago and then didn’t post much after.

I started to collect the set and then forgot about it. I need 2 more pieces and then the right amps.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I have been able to play with Reaping Strike, I prefer to save it and use it after the 6 second 100% crit window is over. Use it as a finisher. My suggestion though is use it as you see fit. You are correct....it is a heavy hitter.

I just wish I was better at staying in stealth....lol....the good assassins can.....guess I have some more practicing to do. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Probably first time I ever gave credit to a gamer for coming up with a winner.. I got a full murderous revalation set.. when people get the knack of how this set works.. they will be forum crying for nerf.. I was critting 55k discharges and 89k maul crits.. to make the set work they have a certain set of abilities, mods and amps..

i'm not gonna go in detail.. cause i want to enjoy it first just beating everything almost.. i was 1 vs 1 operatives in warzones.. a few i beat most of them just vanish and ran away from low hp.. but i would advise any deception sin get the set.. it is better than death knell.. the damage is crazy..

I already had a few people sending messages saying REPORTED for game hacking.. that's when you know a gear set is good.. but if a certain sweet female sin player ask me to post the formula ..i might be incline and even do a stream showing how the rotation should go.. so to that female sin player, i threw the ball in your court.. just go to our discord to find me..

Edited by Xertasian

Ive just geared my shadow with this set, haven't had much chance to work on it yet but i dig making something work thats not part of the general trend, everyone expects something based on the flavor of the month gear and when you change it up on them, then it becomes fun.

it's verified.. I did rank on euro servers and American servers.. each time my sin just pommeled the competition.. this was going against teams of 4 ops or mix of sins.. don't take my word for it.. get a set and use it for yourself.. actually it's not hard to figure out how to use from mods and amps.. HAPPY KILLINGS..

also be nice if other sins give input on there experiences using the gear set..

Edited by Xertasian

it's verified.. I did rank on euro servers and American servers.. each time my sin just pommeled the competition.. this was going against teams of 4 ops or mix of sins.. don't take my word for it.. get a set and use it for yourself.. actually it's not hard to figure out how to use from mods and amps.. HAPPY KILLINGS..

also be nice if other sins give input on there experiences using the gear set..

AWESOME! Glad you enjoying it! I was impressed also! I am busy leveling valor atm on a couple of my older toons so I have not had much time to play with it some more! Can’t wait to hear how u developed your set!!!

CHEERS!!!

Edited by Nickodemous

Ive just geared my shadow with this set, haven't had much chance to work on it yet but i dig making something work thats not part of the general trend, everyone expects something based on the flavor of the month gear and when you change it up on them, then it becomes fun.

When u get to playing with the set, I would be interested in hearing how you manipulated it. It is certainly the most fun I have had in a while working with it and seeing the results.