For 7.0 do i need to get every class to story chapter 3?

Mashugana

Do I need to get every class through their story chapter 3 if I want to be able to use the new Combat Styles? For example I want to make a Jedi Knight with a dual saber. Do I need to complete the Jedi Knight story now?

Or can i use combat styles if I got any class to story 3?

Thanks for any advice :)

Combat styles, okay.

No, the class story, or rather Origin stories themselves have no bearing on Combat Styles in needing to advance or complete them for anything. The announced restrictions are simple; the Tech combat styles (Sniper, Commando, Vanguard, Mercenary, Powertech, Scoundrel, Gunslinger and Operative) are limited to the Tech Origins (Smuggler, Agent, Hunter and Trooper), while the Force Combat Styles (Marauder, Juggernaut, Sage, Shadow, Sorcerer, Assassin, Sentinel and Guardian) are limited to the Force Origins (Knight, Warrior, Consular and Inquisitor.) Only the Dark and Light Force CS are locked in that a character has to reach a certain level of Light or Dark to use the combat styles opposing their Origin's. (I.E., A LS Inquisitor has to reach a certain point on the Light side to use Sage instead of Sorcerer.) although when a character hits Light V or Dark V, it unlocks the 'light' or 'dark' force style for their entire legacy.

As soon as 7.0 hits, logging into an existing character will prompt us to pick a combat style - either the equivilent of their current Advanced Class or a new one - while making a new character will involve selecting a style from the beginning.

tl;dr - No, the story has no effect on Combat Styles.

tl;dr - No, the story has no effect on Combat Styles.

Not entirely accurate. Everyone will have access to one combat style at character creation* with the restrictions you outlines but completing chapter 3 of the origin story will unlock access to a second combat style. Currently the plan is that only subscribers have access to the second combat style, but no word on whether former subs retain their second combat style or if it becomes locked similar to crew skills.

* as well as upon first login after 7.0 releases.