Inspect Character and Achievement Options

shawshhh

There needs to be an option to not be able to be inspected if you wish to not be. Especially with achievements.. the game is literally an achievement scolding simulator. I just witnessed in the timespan of a week several people being ragged on for not having certain achievements.

Not only is this unfair it's demoralizing and actually tends to make other players leave the game.. look at modern WoW vs Classic. The chats are completely different modern wow you have to have achievements to run PUGs in Classic with no achievements people will take anyone and teach. It's a much healthier environment. Why this is not even an option boggles my mind. You see some of the most successful MMOs either have this implemented or aren't even able to inspect other peoples achievements.

I don't expect it to happen with the expansion changes that are coming already going in the wrong direction but I just wanted to let EA and BW know they need to fix some **** before they lose even more players.

Edited by shawshhh

If they add the option, the achivement-inspectors will just assume that you don't have the achievement if you use the option. You know, on the grounds that if you have the cheeve, you'd want to show it, so that must mean you don't have it.

Complete opposite actually but it's even in your name cynic; so i'm not going to even bother debating my point to you.

But for the sake of it if im walking around with a title lets say "Apex Predator" and i'm hiding my achievements and gear this is for my own privacy. I do get your point but regardless it causes predatory delay, which is effectively the same as losing. Stop being so closed minded.

Edited by shawshhh

Complete opposite actually but it's even in your name cynic; so i'm not going to even bother debating my point to you.

But for the sake of it if im walking around with a title lets say "Apex Predator" and i'm hiding my achievements and gear this is for my own privacy. I do get your point but regardless it causes predatory delay, which is effectively the same as losing. Stop being so closed minded.

I agree with the cynic. if I cared enough to inspect for achievements and if I can't see it; then I will assume that you don't have it. and I assume most would be the same. Many folks will take the position of, if they can not see it or verify it, then it doesn't exist. a person claims they met a celebrity; many will say "show me the picture or it didn't happen" . same mindset for the achievements.

I assume the situation you describe is people looking for players for PVE content using achievements to prove successful completion of that content before accepting interested players? in this situation if the person inspecting you can't see it due to being hidden, then it will be assumed you do not have it.

If this is just some random jerk inspecting people and then harassing them for achievements that they don't have, then a better solution is to report the harassment and then ignore that player. hidden achievements will not stop a jerk from being a jerk. the harassment will just shift from "ha ha, you haven't killed Soa" into "why are you hiding your achievements? its because you don't have any"

However, since I don't care about achievements, I have no issues with this idea and would be fine with it being added; I just don't see it having the desired effect.