Group Finder - To Social or Not to Social

There's alot of grief in these random flash points between people who wish to watch the cutscenes in group, and people who don't. Players are constantly jumping down everyone's throats to "spacebar" because they don't want to sit through the cutscenes/participate in the conversations. On the other hand, you have people who enjoy engaging in the conversations, and like doing so in a group experience - even if it is group Finder, and not guild mates, friends, or story mode.

Some people LIKE having group finder as a way to earn social points, and that shouldn't be taken away from them, though I do understand those who don't. Point blank, there has to be a way to solve this issue, so as to appease both parties. It would be amazing if, in the group finder (for example) they gave players the option to choose whether or not they wish to participate or not participate in earning social points from conversations prior to clicking the "find group" button. That way people who don't mind/enjoy the conversations can do so together without any grief, while others who do mind/don't enjoy them don't have to group with those who do.

It's ridiculous how people get kicked or yelled at for watching the cutscenes in randoms. I, personally, put the people who kick or get on someone's case for watching the cutscenes on legacy ignore. Not because I do or don't enjoy the conversations, but because it's a random, and no one can expect anyone to feel the same way, or be on the same page about such things in a random. It's unreasonable to assume so, or fire off on them just because. People SHOULD be more mature about these things, but they're not. In my mind, if it's that bad, then stop queuing for group finder. Maybe your advancement is slower, but if you can't deal then don't deal... But definitely don't join and then give other's grief because of your own, personal preferences.

Customizing group finder in this way, I feel like would solve that problem. Everybody wins. The social point hunters can have THEIR experience, and the non social point hunters can also have their's.

The social point hunters can have THEIR experience, and the non social point hunters can also have their's.

Spacebarring has zero effect on social points. You get full points whether you spend your sweet time watching every cutscene, or just space bar.

For flashpoints with a story mode there is NO reason to make a group sit through each and every cutscene. Personally I think it's rude to make strangers wait for you just because you are too lazy to run the solo mode to see the story.

For the dozen or so flashpoints that still don't have a story mode then it's fine to watch cutscenes, even Hammer has a mini-story and I have no problem with new players watching the cutscenes in Vet mode.

For master mode though? Space bar or pre-form your own group if you want to role-play.

You will get your social points even if everyone spams their spacebar.

Spacebarring has zero effect on social points. You get full points whether you spend your sweet time watching every cutscene, or just space bar.

For flashpoints with a story mode there is NO reason to make a group sit through each and every cutscene. Personally I think it's rude to make strangers wait for you just because you are too lazy to run the solo mode to see the story.

For the dozen or so flashpoints that still don't have a story mode then it's fine to watch cutscenes, even Hammer has a mini-story and I have no problem with new players watching the cutscenes in Vet mode.

For master mode though? Space bar or pre-form your own group if you want to role-play.

You will get your social points even if everyone spams their spacebar.

Always someone who wants to take a reasonable idea, and flip it. Always. Sarcasm - I know, I know. The idea presented here is blasphemous, and should never happen. I know. Now, can we please get back to looking at solutions that work for everyone, and not just one type of people?

I've been in groups where the majority don't mind sitting through cutscenes, and only one person wants to rush through. I've been in groups where the opposite is also true. Just like no one person should make the rest of the team sit through cutscenes, no one person should make everyone else RUSH through just because they want to hurry it up. Hell, I even know people who cancel certain cutscenes altogether, without even considering the rest of the group. Not to mention, there are many new people who have no idea, and are simply having an experience, and those people should not have to be barked at by those who have seen it a million times. That's not fair at all, nor is it called for. Seems like alot of people lack patience these days, in general, which is just very sad.

You can say most people want to rush through, but that's not true. There are alot of people who don't mind at all. There are even people who enjoy it, and are just too shy/timid to say so in fear of causing conflict with those who speak the loudest. These are people who "go along" with the person/people throwing their temper tantrums over someone NOT pressing spacebar. They don't like it, but they go along with it anyways. I'm simply speaking up about it.

All I'm suggesting is that everyone have the right to choose that option prior to queuing for a random, so that neither side has to deal with any grief from the other, and everyone can have fun the way they wish to.

Edited by Primordialmystic
grammar errors

Group Finder is not an LFG system.

Group Finder is designed to corral players into content selected by the devs.

Conquest is designed to corral players into content selected by the devs.

Galactic Seasons is designed to corral players into content selected by the devs.

In 7.0 Dailies and Weeklies are going to be put on a rotation to corral players into content selected by the devs.

An LFG system allows players to choose the content they wish to complete, how they want to complete it, and with whom. The devs don't have any control over an LFG system, which is why we don't have one.

Here's a funny for you - I saw a person who said they didn't spacebar in case someone else wanted to see the cutscene.

🙄 😂

It's also worth noting that often times people use the cutscenes as an opportunity to grab a quick snack, have a pee, let the dog out, etc. This is particularly the case when you see the timer run out on conversation choices - the player isn't even there.

Edited by JediQuaker