Map help - nothing appears on speeder map?

EscVelocity

When I go to a speeder/transport bot, and it opens the map, I can't see any quest/mission destinations or anything -- only destinations.

Is there a way to enable mission locations on the map? It's kind of annoying having to open my Map to find where I need to go, then close and talk to the speeder who opens up a map for me to choose where to go...

When I go to a speeder/transport bot, and it opens the map, I can't see any quest/mission destinations or anything -- only destinations.

Is there a way to enable mission locations on the map? It's kind of annoying having to open my Map to find where I need to go, then close and talk to the speeder who opens up a map for me to choose where to go...

The destination taxi icons aren't highlighted in purple and/or green? Those highlights show the recommended taxi to go to. They are sometimes wrong, but if none are highlighted, that's saying that the best way is on foot or on your own mount. (That is, you're on the right part of the map.)

Make sure you have all the lil dots on the left side of your map checked. You should also check the box that says "show exploration missions" or something like that. Your class missions will be shown by a purple triangle, planetary missions and heroics will be yellow (or is it green :confused:). The speeder won't show anything except where you need to go if you aren't already in the area. If one of the speeder points is highlighted (purple or green) that's where you need to travel to.

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

All, I am referring to the map that comes up with you talk to a Speeder guy, or the map that comes up if you click Quick Travel.

The entire map only shows locations, it doesn't overlay anything on these maps as far as mission locations or anything else.

Of course bring up my main Map ("m"), I see everything I need to.

But I have to "remember" the spot from that view I need to go to before I bring up the map for Quick Travel or Speeder, because the "map" for those contains nothing but discovered bind points.

Exercise: bring up your main map. Now bring up your Quick Travel map. Notice any differences?

Edited by EscVelocity

This does happen from time to time. I think it has to do with when they made all taxi terminals unlock when you arrive on a planet. In the olden days, you wouldn’t be able to taxi to a terminal until you had actually clicked on it and unlocked it. I think the problem the OP is mentioning happens when the closest taxi terminal for the quest is one you actually haven’t visited yet. When they made all the taxi terminals accessible, they didn’t (successfully, or at least 100% of the time) update the pathfinding to reflect the change, so the game doesn’t “know” that you’re able to use that taxi terminal yet, and as a result doesn't show it as purple when you click on the terminal.

That's largely speculation, but I think that's the issue. Afaik, there isn't a fix, other than doing what you mentioned - opening your actual map and then trying to pick the closest terminal from memory.

The QT map is annoying like that, yes. The taxi map at least highlights one or more taxi destinations in purple for purple missions or green for yellow missions.(1) Well, it's supposed to, anyway, although it has always been a bit flaky about whether it highlights the right ones. If you arrive at the highlighted spot and the "local" map doesn't show the mission markers, open the taxi again and you'll normally find that the highlight has moved to a neighbouring taxi point.

The worst is Balmorra, which *looks* like one big map but is in fact divided into two parts - the lowlands around Sobrik and the highlands of the Gorinth plateau - this seriously confuses the taxi highlighter.

(1) Yes, I meant to write "in green for yellow missions". Missions that are yellow in your mission log and on the markers above the NPCs have green highlights on the various maps.