Master Mode FP: some bosses massively increased in difficulty in 7.0

Just checking if I'm the only one:

Certain bosses in 7.x are now an order of magnitude more difficult than they were prior. I'm not talking about them being hard because gear isn't up. I've played on teams with nearly maxed gear (Master Mode flashpoints shouldn't require raid gear).

Korriban Incursion: droid boss (second boss) has adds starting to spawn in the random circles phase. Prior to 7.x the pace was: random circles, boss neutral phase, adds spawn, boss centered AE, random circles, rinse repeat. The first cycle happens as normal but each subsequent cycle is spawning waves of adds faster and faster.

Assault on Tython: Final boss: the amount of unavoidable damage now being inflicted on the group is...excessive. I have taken a hit for 177k damage. This boss has always been a little iffy if people can't avoid the circles and it's always had unavoidable damage spikes but again, since 7.0, the incoming amount of damage seems off.

Czerka Corporate Labs: droid boss (first boss) has either a ridiculously inflated health, or something is up with his damage resistance. I've yet to have a group NOT have this boss reach the enrage timer; again, this includes decently geared groups so it shouldn't be a matter of gear not good enough. Again, this has only happened since 7.0 dropped.

Ruins of Nul: Obviously this one didn't exist before, but the second boss spawns ground circles that fire damage off so quickly it's not possible to complete a casted heal and still move. Not every heal class can **** out group-wide healing.

The run up the cliff while dodging AE damage circles is stupid. In the one time I've had a group that could get past the second boss, the circles dropped on each person individually and thus some are impossible to avoid.

I'd appreciate any confirmation that these encounters are overtuned, or any hints as to how I could improve my own play-I Sage heal.

Thanks in advance, happy gaming!

Korriban Incursion: droid boss (second boss) has adds starting to spawn in the random circles phase.

I haven't noticed but I believe you.

Assault on Tython: Final boss: the amount of unavoidable damage now being inflicted on the group is...excessive.

Yes, while this boss has always made healers work harder than usual, it seems harder than ever, and frankly overtuned for this type of content. Also frustrating, it's unclear where all the damage is coming from. You can try to have the group stack up to improve group healing but that's a double edged tactic...

Czerka Corporate Labs: droid boss (first boss) has either a ridiculously inflated health, or something is up with his damage resistance. I've yet to have a group NOT have this boss reach the enrage timer; again, this includes decently geared groups so it shouldn't be a matter of gear not good enough. Again, this has only happened since 7.0 dropped.

Disagree here. First this is actually not new, the boss used to enrage for weaker groups, back when the flashpoint was new. I've seen groups drop it without enrage in 7.0 (about half the time), and it doesn't require all-star DPS at all, but there's a baseline of competence required. Unfortunately, as starparse now shows, a lot of players queing for MMFPs as DPS should really consider reconversions as healers or tanks, or some more practice...

The boss has high damage reduction during the electrified water phases, but ranged dps and dot melee specs can still do some damage there.

Ruins of Nul: Obviously this one didn't exist before, but the second boss spawns ground circles that fire damage off so quickly it's not possible to complete a casted heal and still move. Not every heal class can **** out group-wide healing.

Kind-of agree, but this fight can be made much easier on the healer with competent dps (kill adds quickly), and a group that avoids unnecessary damage. And the tank has to tank and use cooldowns obviously. It's definitely on the more difficult side of things and could be made more lenient, but it's not impossible to pug. Also I'd argue that every healing class is very capable of healing on the move, with the right utilities and tacticals, but not at 100% output obviously.

The run up the cliff while dodging AE damage circles is stupid. In the one time I've had a group that could get past the second boss, the circles dropped on each person individually and thus some are impossible to avoid..

Interesting fact : in that phase you don't need to avoid all the circles, only the one that targetted you specifically. It's perfectly fine to stand in another person's circle, unless this has been changed recently. That said, in general you can avoid that kind of problem by standing relatively on top of each other until circles start showing, then they won't be all over the place.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

I haven't tried most FP in MM since 7.0 came out after my group lost two healers and had to abandon Korriban Incursion. We did notice the adds spawning weirdly, but our biggest problem was the fact our healer couldn't heal us through the soft enrage even with max lvl gear the heal output was not high enough, and no way to kill the boss before the soft enrage hit with two melee dps who needs to run around like headless chicken during the boss centered AE.

Just checking if I'm the only one:

Certain bosses in 7.x are now an order of magnitude more difficult than they were prior. I'm not talking about them being hard because gear isn't up. I've played on teams with nearly maxed gear (Master Mode flashpoints shouldn't require raid gear).

I have bad news for you, gear is no guarantee of someones damage output.

I pug dozens of raids and flashpoints a week and for my own purposes and sanity I typically observe group performance with the 7.0 feature of groupwide combat data logs.

The worst case I've seen was a juggernaut in 330 gear doing less than 10kdps which was fascinating to me since they were competing with my dps as the tank.

I can't put any faith in someones word on content difficulty if they're not truly aware what performance their group actually has.

The only one I can kinda agree with is the giant meatball in czerka but hitting enrage absolutely means the performance of the group is bad. I once slaved away tanking that for so long with incredibly pathetic dps that I called the flashpoint when it died because dps was so outrageously low that the entire group including me tanking was doing less than 1 competent dps of the worst spec in the game.

To be sure of anything you need to be reading the group performance in a parser or you're just imagining things.

Edited by Gyronamics

I haven't tried most FP in MM since 7.0 came out after my group lost two healers and had to abandon Korriban Incursion. We did notice the adds spawning weirdly, but our biggest problem was the fact our healer couldn't heal us through the soft enrage even with max lvl gear the heal output was not high enough, and no way to kill the boss before the soft enrage hit with two melee dps who needs to run around like headless chicken during the boss centered AE.

I was there a month ago, we cleared it without the soft enrage. Moar damage is the answer.

Gotta add the spider tank of Umbara. The unavoidable laser shot is a bit too much. Granted, I wasn't the one healing it but some of my friends are struggling. If I'm (un)lucky enough to get a random pop of Umbara as a healer I'll come back to this.

Hey there, just wanted to say thanks for the replies and further input. I still think the Korriban boss may be a legitimate bug because its phases are so different; and in doing the boss many times in the previous build, it -never- displayed those behaviors, even on failed attempts due to not enough dps.

Gotta add the spider tank of Umbara. The unavoidable laser shot is a bit too much. Granted, I wasn't the one healing it but some of my friends are struggling. If I'm (un)lucky enough to get a random pop of Umbara as a healer I'll come back to this.

Umbara, Lost, Nathema and Chiss got nerfed hugely 2 patches ago.

Edited by Gyronamics

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with this. Swtor continues to have a big problem with a large disparity in MMFP difficulty.

Final boss in Assault on Tython is just stupid amounts of damage. I was healing 24k and the group was still just dropping too fast from unavoidable damage. This was a nice challenge before, now it's obscene if everyone in the group is not 326+ and augmented.

Ruins of Nul. Second boss dps and healing numbers to do the classic way is ridiculously high. Why is this so horridly difficult compared to Malgus?

Some MMFP bosses are now significantly harder than most Vet ops bosses? How is this not plain wrong? These need retuning.