Queshball, baby!

foxmob

popped into a quesh match from the start. was going to just leave and eat the deserter debuff, but I felt compelled to get the daily done, and it was late and I'd forgotten to grab the quest last WZ. w/e. anyway...

I had no interest in playing the map, so I thought it would be an interesting social experiment to record for posterity. I begin recording about 30s into the match. my apologies for the graniness. I play at 4k, and I think youtube processed it at 2k.

the link: Queshball (4/28/2021 [https://youtu.be/vVujT4een2c]). The second day of the WZ's reintroduction to the pvp queue on Star Forge server.

I counted a total of 5 players ever even attempting to score or prevent a score. On my team, just one sin tried most of the match (and won). On the other side, it looked like a sent showed some interest (scoring once) and an op spent most of the game trying and getting "fire pulled" by the sin. other than that, it was...well...not even TDM. more like pick your own fight.

now again, to each his own if that's your thing. but...uh...BW, is this why you brought this map back into the rotation? at least in the pit, the ball spawn is where ppl TDM, so they will control mid for their team. just a thought.

Edited by foxmob

my favorite part was the obligatory sniper on the pipes.

but ppl were so ignorant of (or didn't care about) their surroundings that they let my team's healer free cast on the pipes.

anyway, 9 minutes standing there was better than 15 mins deserter debuff. so you could say "working as intended"? :p

my favorite part was the obligatory sniper on the pipes.

but ppl were so ignorant of (or didn't care about) their surroundings that they let my team's healer free cast on the pipes.

anyway, 9 minutes standing there was better than 15 mins deserter debuff. so you could say "working as intended"? :p

Swtor reg pvp is a sad state of affairs. I remember playing Hutt ball and not giving the other team an inch. Bioware keep making awful changes to the game and it’s driven anyone who used to love swtor pvp from the game or queue.

Most serious PVPers have either left or only play ranked now. It’s not because they don’t like objective pvp, it’s that they don’t like the degraded state of reg pvp and the stupidness that’s led to its demise.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think you're reading too much into it. I think the biggest issue is the games are meaningless. And let's be honest here as mentioned in a different post, the maps are pretty broken given the current abilities of many classes and the limitations of the game engine.

In any case, I would prefer to lobby for arenas in the actual rotation rather than this horrible map. And let's face it all we're doing is death matching on this map anyway. So can we please have regular arenas? I know not everybody loves arenas just like not everybody loves huttball but it's kind of bogus that arenas only pop when the population is low and therefore the likelihood of a role balanced match is highly unlikely.

Furthermore, arenas are the only kind of rated PVP in this game. Why on Earth are they so scarce in the regular rotation? It's patently obvious that large swaths of the player base don't want to play objective maps.

Queshball is garbage, I cant wait till its removed..............AGAIN. Why even have a damn leap if it doesnt work 99% of the time on that **** map.

I wonder how queshball would be if they removed the pipes and put a wall around the upper balcony so people couldn't farm damage for free.

I played a vandin huttball last night that saw a similar level of zero F's given by the players. Maybe one person on each team was actually trying to score. No one succeeded at doing so. It came down to who was holding the ball at the end. The epitome of an unga bunga deathmatch.

the layout of Vandin is similar to the Pit, so that the death matching can still play a role in the objectives. it's also much less broken that the Pit in terms of ops just rolling from spawn to end zone in 4-5 GCD (~3 rolls divided by a holotraverse and the few secs they get lost in desync).

the layout of Quesh is such that the death matching is completely disconnected from the objective routes.

I really do struggle to understand how so many ppl are opposed to arenas in the reg queue when the vast majority of players just "DM at mid" in every map in the rotation, and twice that in HB.

Queshball would have been better if the player spawn was down below with the ball. At least then the deathmatchers might accidentally contribute by controlling the ball spawn. It would then have the oddity of the endzone being separate from the player spawn but that would also set it apart from Classic & Vandin, and it isn't like someone coming out of spawn is going to stop a score most of the time anyway. If they get the ball that far they're probably getting in.

Of course you'd still have desync issues.

Swtor reg pvp is a sad state of affairs. I remember playing Hutt ball and not giving the other team an inch. Bioware keep making awful changes to the game and it’s driven anyone who used to love swtor pvp from the game or queue.

Most serious PVPers have either left or only play ranked now. It’s not because they don’t like objective pvp, it’s that they don’t like the degraded state of reg pvp and the stupidness that’s led to its demise.

??? Serious pvpers don't play SWTOR; regs have nothing to do with it. That isn't to say there aren't good players that continue to play (ofc there are), but this game is far too simplistic in class design, CC and interrupt mechanics, awful arena maps, etc... to be competitive. Not to mention the terrible game performance. It's designed for casual players. And that's cool; enjoy it for what it is.

??? Serious pvpers don't play SWTOR; regs have nothing to do with it. That isn't to say there aren't good players that continue to play (ofc there are), but this game is far too simplistic in class design, CC and interrupt mechanics, awful arena maps, etc... to be competitive. Not to mention the terrible game performance. It's designed for casual players. And that's cool; enjoy it for what it is.

I didn’t say they still play swtor, but serious pvpers used to play swtor, they all left because of the bad decisions Bioware made to pvp.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I didn’t say they still play swtor, but serious pvpers used to play swtor, they all left because of the bad decisions Bioware made to pvp.

But you also stated previously that serious pvpers quit because of the "degraded state of reg pvp". That's just... nonsensical.

Why would a competitive player quit because of a casual game mode? The game is not balanced around regs warzones.