Penthouse Wall Sets

Mongorr

So I was curious and just bought the pub pack. Here's my first impression:

(Going to quote myself a little from the post in general discussion)

Regular hooks. Ceiling is basically a ceiling with a column that gets placed on a large or centerpiece hook. Most other stuff has lots of hooksizes to place it on. The big floor tiles can be put on flooring hooks like carpets, but also on several other "normal" floor hooks (even floor small). The door looks nice and the whole thing opens up some options to play around with. The overall design of the elements is quite boring though.

I made a picture to show some elements:

https://ibb.co/vjqpwbf

The door behaves quite oddly though - when you move your character away, it opens and when he gets near it closes (but can be opened with the interactive panel). Also you can just run through the closed door.

Edited by Mongorr

When I use the door section on a flagship, it doesn't open based on my proximity at all, it only opens (or closes) when I click the control panel next to the door. You can walk through it without opening it, which is a bit odd from an RP perspective, but it's very convenient from a practical use perspective.

I love that the lower ceiling comes with bright lights. It also fits perfectly with wall tops.

In addition, if you like the Column decos (brass and gold) the height is much better with the penthouse ceilings.

I do wish they'd add Flooring hook to the ceiling pieces, that would be useful.

I dont think its boring at all... ive done some pretty amazing things with the windows including making a sortve observatory in what used to be a room, maybe more of a hallway with exhibits behind the glass on each side, ive made a jail with the electric walls in the back and the glass in the front... I used the door to make a forced check in point in my hangar on the flagship. Just have a little vision and the possibilities are endless with this kind of stuff.

My biggest complaint remains though, although maybe only slightly related here, or not... why only 800 hook allowance on the flagship????!

I felt the same way until I started using them. Once I put a whole row of walls and windows, it's visually distinctive. If it was fancier, it would be a bit much.

I really love using the doors section -- it has allowed me to make more logical room divisions, private areas, and so forth. The columns have been essential to making the wall sections meet up with existing walls, so I'm really happy to have those, too.

Edited by Xina_LA

I bought the Republic wall set. I'm a bit disappointed with it.

- the sections are too thick. They work better as exterior walls.

- some sections, such as the "window", don't seem to line up with the wall sections very well.

- oddly, they don't seem to fit in the Penthouse SHs very well. (Partly because of the unfortunate hook placement and curved walls of the Penthouse.)

- the "door" doesn't work properly.

- the floor section is odd - it's basically the same pattern as the Penthouse floor. So, not carpet or some other different flooring.

- the ceiling sections are beyond useless.

Basically, I'd suggest you save your CC/credits and not buy them.

I brought the imperial one for the stronghold in Rishi, which is actually owned by my sniper so the theme works best for that reason, especially in the apartment area and they work great. You can actually add doors to some of the rooms and it makes it look better. The window ones I may use on the balcony, I am not sure yet.

It is good that that you can use it in other strongholds as well. I will test it later on the penthouse but atm I been redoing Rishi and Yavin.

Oh no they aren't! You can do all sorts of cool stuff with them, from creating new walkable areas (Covering up the initial 'bay' on Tatooine for example to walkways that extend out over areas. They're genuinely very cool, and I haven't fully understood the implications of using them yet

SWTORISTA showed that you can hang the floor mostly over empty space and walk on it, so it would be a good way to add more landing pads, or expand an existing one, or make a balcony. You couldn't put a decoration on it over space, but it's still a neat effect. I would kind of like to put that there, and then put the roof section hanging over with the pillar right on the edge, and find a stair decoration, so I could have a multilevel overhang Edited by Sivartius

- the floor section is odd - it's basically the same pattern as the Penthouse floor. So, not carpet or some other different flooring.

I'm finding some interesting possibilities combining the Vaiken set with the train, actually. The ceiling section is a lifesaver for the open cars.

• 3 months later...

Carrick/Vaiken Ceiling Sections Use

The one fun thing I've found to do with those sections aren't in the actual Carrick/Vaiken SH. They're fun to use in larger strongholds that have large ceilings because you can then use them to create smaller 'rooms' and subdived wider areas.

You can also have fun putting in something like a large ceiling in the central command decks of either flagship and create a kind of staircase with decorations to create a second floor to the command rooms. The decos I've used along the walls to 'climb up' the wall are the Dark Side or Light Side decos that are for small wall hooks. If you rotate them to lay flat you can hop your way up, or if rotated on an angle they make an easy ramp without any platforming.

While it's not as realistic it's just a fun way to play around with the Stronghold.

I have screenshots of how to do this in my Stronghold Guild Discord Server (Helleboros#5962 in Discord/ I'm also in the main unofficial swtor discord)

They really are some of the best decorations for changing the whole look of your strongholds. I've had people mail me after going to my Tatooine one and being like "I didn't know where I was at all at first!" - because you can change the look so much with the walls, windows and floors.

I hope more decorations like these come out!

They really are some of the best decorations for changing the whole look of your strongholds. I've had people mail me after going to my Tatooine one and being like "I didn't know where I was at all at first!" - because you can change the look so much with the walls, windows and floors.

I hope more decorations like these come out!

I loved the look of the Vaiken Floor pieces in the Rishi Sky Carrier/Patrol. It turned a quasi pirate/rugged interior into a full on more military/ dark/ Imperial one.

Yes, these sets are so versatile, I hope they make them for all the other terrain types. With sets for Mek-sha, Onderon, and other places, we could get quite a bit more versatility out of existing stronholds.

I really hope they make a "second floor" piece... something with a staircase or lift to a flat surface. It wouldn't have hooks, so it would need to be pre-decorated. There could be a storage deck with crates, a crew area with bunk beds and storage cabinets, a lounge deck with seating areas, and so forth.