Both weekly PO’s are operations

TrixxieTriss

I've been trying every day all week to get in on an op to complete my PO. Hasn't happened so far. This is no fun. Not by a long stretch. I've logged off in frustration a lot lately. Not nice BioWare.

Try having two of the weeklies be operations related :(

If we could reroll on both it would be helpful. But they only give us one reroll and so we are stuck with one we can’t reroll.

Bioware, how about giving us unlimited rerolls or at least letting us reroll on both and not just one.

It really should be pulled until it’s better, but we know they won’t. So we have 2 options refuse to participate or miss out on many points.

Trixxie, I regret to inform you that I feel compelled to explain, yet again, why another one of your ideas is truly terrible.

You want this pulled which would result in all of the rewards for it being taken away, indefinitely. If this is what you want, I've got a solution just for you. Just ignore Galactic Season. Pretend it's not there. You won't get any rewards and the result will be exactly the same as if they took it away.

Meanwhile, the people who like Galactic Season just fine, can continue to enjoy it.

Trixxie, I regret to inform you that I feel compelled to explain, yet again, why another one of your ideas is truly terrible.

You want this pulled which would result in all of the rewards for it being taken away, indefinitely. If this is what you want, I've got a solution just for you. Just ignore Galactic Season. Pretend it's not there. You won't get any rewards and the result will be exactly the same as if they took it away.

Meanwhile, the people who like Galactic Season just fine, can continue to enjoy it.

So you condone them developing a partly broken system that has a lot of negative feed back and is driving players away from the game. Why does that not surprise me considering you misinterpret what I meant and quoted just enough to muddy my suggestion.

I’m not saying they couldn’t bring it back, just that it should be pulled for a few weeks to a month so they can iron out the kinks properly and actually make the system more fair and enjoyable for everyone. Until then, it’s broken and is having a negative affect on player enjoyment, which just turns players off the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Please explain how both weeklies are operations. That’s really not fair if you don’t do operations because you only get one reset.

My wife got exactly the same thing and I can’t repeat what she said about the devs here. Let me just say I’ve rarely seen her so pissed off at this game or directing things at the devs.

GS is rubbish as it is. Full of bugs and not enough freedom for people who don’t do certain activities. It really should be pulled until it’s better, but we know they won’t. So we have 2 options refuse to participate or miss out on many points.

My 2 weeklies this week were: ( May 11th through May 18th)

Hutt Space Flashpoints, ( Directive 7, Kuat Drive Yards, Cademimu) Complete 3 of any of them

Hutt Space Operations, (1 operation or 3 lair operations) Compete 3 Toborro's Courtyard

I refreshed the flashpoint weekly, since those take more time than 1 fight against Golden Furry at Toborro's Courtyard. I got 3 unranked warzones, which I'm 2 out of 3 so far. Tomorrow I might get my third Daily PO: Unranked Warzones.

I'm still at 1 Lair out of 3 completed this week. I've been procrastinating because of how reluctant I am to sit in fleet and LFG in chat for them while my Superior Renown Boosts tick down while I wait. I kept the Hutt Space Lair Operations because I could complete 3 TC GF, which is just 1 boss fight opposed to one operations which can be anywhere from 5 boss fights to 8 boss fights.

can continue to enjoy it.
lol dude, don't make me destroy you. It's "continue to tolerate it." Edited by Falensawino

I made a thread pushing for a way to avoid having to do a particular activity in GS.

I was happy with the reroll system until I saw it in practice. There are too few different quests and rerolls often get me the same quests as the day before. With the bugged objectives and the badly thought out ones (hello shaclaws), one reroll does not cut it. I do not even mind random quests, but having to do the same quests in a row or having to deal with the above...that takes the fun out of it.

And since I do not do OPS, I cannot risk rerolling weeklies unless it is the OPS one. So that gives me no choice regarding the weekly objectives.

With a better system, de rerolls might have worked (for me). But as it is...I need more to keep me motivated. More rerolls wont make it a better system or more fun quests. They need to rethink this GS system entirely.

If you're really desperate for Voss shaclaws. you can pick up "Ancient Guardians" impside heroic, there are 10 shaclaws at the beginning of the heroic. a group of 4 at the entrance and a group of 6 after a group of 2strong + 1gold droids. I use a stealth class to skip the droids in the middle and I can finish the shaclaws objective pretty fast. You gotta phase reset 7 times though so you can repeatedly kill those 10 shaclaws easily.

I made a thread pushing for a way to avoid having to do a particular activity in GS.

I was happy with the reroll system until I saw it in practice.

It would be nice if we had a smart reroll system that knew which objectives you skipped often and never gave them to you.

Edited by Falensawino

Unlimited rerolls would be a bad plan, since then folk would just keep rerolling until they got the same 2 weekly and 2 daily POs they like and do the same thing each day. Which again is much like CQ where you pick your objectives and repeat them each week. Unlimited rerolls would be effectively the same as listing all POs and just getting credit for the first 2 you complete. Personally, I like that the POs have been pushing me to go to places I haven't spent much time in, or don't know that well. It's exposing me to content I had previously not bothered with, and so I have found things I can enjoy outside of my standard routine. It has also revitalised the world, with activity now on planets that were dead zones before making it feel more fun to play on them even if you're just soloing heroics, and more options of folk to team up with if you can't solo stuff. There does need to be a balance between people feeling forced to do content they hate (or excluded because they can't) and this push to get players to move outside their comfort zone and be encouraged to be out there for others who want to but can't do it alone or don't like the lonely feeling of a ghostlands planet.

But I do think raising the cap on rerolls should be possible. Currently, you can do one Daily reroll per day, and one Weekly reroll per week. Then if you get stuck with 2 Dailies/Weeklies you hate or can't do, you only can reroll one and just accept the other as a loss; if you get a bad reroll, tough luck, that's you stuck.

2 Daily rerolls per day would mean you can reroll both, or reroll one and have a backup in case you get another 'bad' one. It won't let you keep spamming until you get the one you want, but it removes the feeling of missing out if you wanted to reroll both or wanted to reroll one but it came back just as bad.

1 Weekly reroll per day would again mean you can reroll these until you wind up with 2 you can do. Yes, that's 7 rerolls across two objectives, so potentially you could keep mulliganing until you get your preferences, but the daily lockout means you sacrifice time for that: if you only get your preference by Sunday, now you have to push to get it done rather than having the full week, so come Thursday you may start considering if it is worth doing whatever you have over the weekend versus cramming that optimal one in over a few hours last minute.

So many bad ideas - reroll twice, reroll thrice, reroll some other amount of times, semi-directed rerolls, pick PVP vs PVE, etc, etc.

If they want my subscription and continued financial support, they should simplify seasons to the point I can do whatever I normally do (which is NOT killing bugs nor playing starfighter), and assuming I spend a reasonable amount of time in-game each week, complete the season and collect the rewards.

That or just add the extra CC and rewards to daily log-ins / maintaining a subscription status and be done with it.

What I won't do is continue to pay for the privilege of logging on and being expected to do whatever craptastic objective some RNG system sticks in my list, no matter how many rerolls or semi-directed options are added.

Edited by DawnAskham