Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Ikisis
12.13.2011 , 10:16 AM | #1971
Just send them all this is ********...

DrAidennwitz
12.13.2011 , 10:16 AM | #1972
Quote: Originally Posted by McVade View Post
This will be the first MMO I've ever played that, well, I don't know when I'm going to play within a week of launch.
The launch is on the 20th. There, now you know when you're going to play with a 100% certainty. No need to thank me.

Zantheon
12.13.2011 , 10:16 AM | #1973
Thank you Stephen and thank you Bioware/EA for making what I can only express as the best game perhaps in my lifetime.

Can't wait for them to wave at me

caphron
12.13.2011 , 10:16 AM | #1974
This "wave" thing is the stupidest idea I've ever seen. By not providing a person's spot in the "wave list" the SWTOR website is getting hammered by stupid threads say OMG I want to play etc. I really hope this isn't a representation of the kind of thought that goes behind this MMO or I can see failure in the future.

Proper planning prevents piss poor performance...... Words to live by.

Master_Thorn
12.13.2011 , 10:16 AM | #1975
Just be patient, please. I am a 7-22-11 Pre-Order Register and I just got in 30 seconds ago. It will happen. See you all in-game.
http://members.cox.net/ironcleaverar...Thorn_1680.jpg

The above is a link to my Lightsaber, forged by the master craftsman Ironcleaver himself!

Indurin
12.13.2011 , 10:16 AM | #1976
So why the waves, anyhow? I would assume that it's to help keep the servers from crashing, but tons of people are gonna show up at the same time on launch anyways. Better to see a crash now so they can fix than on the 20th?

DavieDe
12.13.2011 , 10:16 AM | #1977
1 more wave today it look likes where my popcorn so i can enjoy the flames of people who don't get in
a Dwarf stole my "I like the game and thats all that matters" sign

rastamanman
12.13.2011 , 10:16 AM | #1978
every1 should get in that preorder this staggered access is very dumb and pretty much real unfair imo.

Ecrofeht
12.13.2011 , 10:16 AM | #1979
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Wave 3 of invites was just sent. More to come....
*Franticly clicks "Fetch Mails" button.*
I Sense a Disturbance in teh Force..

Beslley
12.13.2011 , 10:16 AM | #1980
Quote: Originally Posted by Odinswill View Post
What kinda bothers me is the lack of communication from the game editors. I took this afternoon off, and tomorrow to play this game.
Now I understand the fact that they want a stagerring start, and applaud their way of doing, but the lack of communication of :

Your pre-order was 452'874 which means you will be able to play the game between the 14th-15th. Cant be to hard to send a bulk mail can it? You developpe one of the most stat of the art's game in the universe, but can't send your customers a simple mail of when and how?

I'm looking for the marketing side of this, normally there is always one, but cannot find a thing!

I found on some other forums that people who CANCELLED their pre-order have got access and still can join LIVE if they re valide the payment. They recieved that mail at launch time of the USA. One actually re ordered and could play right away.

It is not suitable to treate paying customers this way. You can't say something, then say nothing to follow up. Wet the apetite then say theres no meal. It's bad marketing.

This may be something in the long run that will ruin this game : communication, updates, client services, bugs etc etc.

Exactly this.
I'm not against staggering, but
1) They should have told us earlier, and
2) There should have been an e-mail with our specific wave date/time. The lack of communication (evidenced by the clustercluck on the forums/twitter/internets) is not acceptable and, quite frankly, is a worrying start to SWTOR. Here's hoping all communication isn't like this.