Is this game really in trouble?

Loksoral

I've been busy playing TOR, and enjoying it despite its flaws. It isn't perfect, but I enjoy it, so that is all that matters.

However, I keep seeing people insult, sometimes downright lie, about the game. It's getting to the point where its depressing, because I feel like this game I'm quickly falling in love with might disappear.

I mean, is there -anyone- out there that enjoys this game? It doesn't look like it from what I'm seeing... and that sucks.

I see the potential in this game, I remember countless other MMOs which had faults, and became something great. Right now, TOR's going to hold my interest for years as is, I don't want to think what it'll do my social life after some more patching and features.

Legacy system looks awesome, especially for role players like myself. I don't even know the point of this post, really. I guess its to say I've watched good games die because people these days are so full of hate and malice for anything they find the slightest fault in. It has gotten to the point where if someone likes the game on these boards, they get insulted, and verbally soul-punched for even mentioning the game is fun or they enjoy it.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No game is not in trouble by any means.

Even if they lost 75% of their subs. that still would leave them with 500k subs which is healthy.

They do need to look at fixing republic numbers and some servers are pretty low population wise even during primetime.

But other then that its just a matter of people being spread thin accross the numerous servers and planets.

That seems odd to me. I've never talked to anybody that didn't enjoy the game; it's only around game forums and the like I've heard this sort of thing.

I believe the naysayers are just the usual chicken littles. Those who aren't are expecting too much from a game in its infancy. I think if you give it some time and read into the numbers rather than the forums like others have, you'll see a game ready to blossom into greatness.

So, in a more concise way: I love this game. Never met anybody that didn't. Give it time.

Making mountains out of mole hills.........the summary of this forum.

Don't worry, the game is well received in general and has earned high reviews. The dismal forum environment is due to the WoW players who migrated over with their never-satisfied expectations.

Go check out the WoW forums now. You'd be blown away by their optimism......yet still it's the #1 MMO.

Don't let the forums get to you.

my fear is more that those with the loudest voices (read negative) might be heard by those who haven't played it yet.

I am having a blast as are the members of my admittedly small guild. I can see myself playing for years, which is more then i could say a month into playing Rift.

PS. Not that there was anything "Bad" with Rift, far from it...its a great game. Something about it just didnt quite sit right with me though.

I am enjoying it. Most of the insult crowd are gamers that game hop. They max their lvls, do all the cool stuff and then ***** that there is nothing else to do. They leave, go to another game and repeat the cycle. If they didn't ***** I would think something is wrong.

I bet if you polled them most would be young, without a job and have their mom doing their laundry.

2 million subscribers and a game that cost $200 million to make. A game in trouble wouldn't have made twice the amount of cash it took to create.

What the heck kind of silly f'd up math are you using there? Are schools really that bad now?

If you have 2 million subscribers, each of them has to pay $100 in profit revenue before you even break even on a $200 million budget.

Edited by Mannic

I've been busy playing TOR, and enjoying it despite its flaws. It isn't perfect, but I enjoy it, so that is all that matters.

However, I keep seeing people insult, sometimes downright lie, about the game. It's getting to the point where its depressing, because I feel like this game I'm quickly falling in love with might disappear.

I mean, is there -anyone- out there that enjoys this game? It doesn't look like it from what I'm seeing... and that sucks.

I see the potential in this game, I remember countless other MMOs which had faults, and became something great. Right now, TOR's going to hold my interest for years as is, I don't want to think what it'll do my social life after some more patching and features.

Legacy system looks awesome, especially for role players like myself. I don't even know the point of this post, really. I guess its to say I've watched good games die because people these days are so full of hate and malice for anything they find the slightest fault in. It has gotten to the point where if someone likes the game on these boards, they get insulted, and verbally soul-punched for even mentioning the game is fun or they enjoy it.

Go to any major city. Guaranteed you'll see at least one whacko carrying a sign that says, "The end is near!" yelling at everyone nearby to repent. You'll probably see more than one.

How many people you see carrying signs that say, "All is well" and yelling, "Business as usual!" to everyone that walks by?

What the heck kind of silly math are you using there?

If you have 2 million subscribers, each of them has to pay $100 before you even get into the black on a $200 million budget?

Iniitial sales plus subs and $100 isnt all that much. You start off with $50 x 2 million and then the subs come in. Also nobody says they have to make a profit from day one, afaik, EA has pretty much stated they're in it for the long haul.

This game is in trouble, no one done there research, EA took a loss on Warhammer thats why its free to play now,

on first release your gonna have huge playerbase but after a month of play and people see how much the game lags and delay from character models , and thousands of bugs , its gonna be going down hill in next couple months,

this is not a next gen game , its completey boring at end game , theres nothing new here, just old stuff people dont want to deal with anymore,

maybe these companys start releaseing finished games with new ideas,

but this game has no new ideas beside huttball,

Much to the chagrin of WoW shills, the game is healthy. Don't listen to the shills and trust your own feelings. If you're enjoying the game, chances are most people feel the same way.

This game is in trouble, no one done there research, EA took a loss on Warhammer thats why its free to play now,

on first release your gonna have huge playerbase but after a month of play and people see how much the game lags and delay from character models , and thousands of bugs , its gonna be going down hill in next couple months,

this is not a next gen game , its completey boring at end game , theres nothing new here, just old stuff people dont want to deal with anymore,

maybe these companys start releaseing finished games with new ideas,

but this game has no new ideas beside huttball,

*has done, *their, *that's, *you're, *a huge playerbase, *the next couple months., *This, *there's, *don't, *anymore., *Maybe, *companies, *releasing, *Huttball.

Yeah, I definitely trust your opinion. :rolleyes:

I'm fairly certain this game will stick around for quite some time. People just want instant gratification and expect everything to be perfect when it can't be.

They'll either calm down or be replaced by people who actually enjoy the game.

Well said!