Decorations for Guild Strongholds

I have created 2 guilds one on the republic and one on the empire and i bought the guild bank and then the guild stronghold and i bought some decorations to use in the guild stronghold but they are bound how can i use them?

Please someone help me with this!

I am not a guild leader, so can not speak definitively on the subject, someone who knows otherwise please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it you do not buy decorations for your guild directly. First, you have to unlock the decoration for yourself. Then, find the decoration in your list of decorations (press U to open the stronghold window, then click on PERSONAL to open your decorations list without having to be in your stronghold in edit mode). Once you have found the decoration, if it is available to be purchased for your guild, note that not all decorations can be (pretty much anything that can be purchased with credits or prefabs can not), there will be a "PURCHASE FOR GUILD" button under the decoration preview window with a cost in credits. Clicking that button will add the decoration to your guild's list of available decorations so long as you have the credits to pay the fee.

When you do drag and drop decorations into the guild bank, there should be a pop up window asking if you want to donate them as a decoration (i.e. add them to the guild's decoration list) or if you want to donate them as an item to the guild bank which is like putting it into the bank to give to someone else like any other inventory item.

WHen you do have guild decorations you've donated, then the instructions already provided do work. You will see your guild decorations when you click U > then go to the guild decorations. Don't forget to either pick 'unlocked' or 'available' because those show the exact ones you have access to for your guild, otherwise you get every deco ever created when you pick 'show all'.

You won't see an option to place a deco usually, unless you click 'show hooks' then click on a hook. When you click no a hook you will only see the decorations which you can use in that specific hook. Many hooks have the option to change the hook type. Medium Narrow hooks can be turned into two small hooks.

You can find more information on different sites, most of which are excellent. If you google Tor Decorating, you'll get one of the most widely-used decoration-specific sites. You can also use some of the other diverse-content swtor player-made sites that provide tutorials like vulkk, dulfy, and swtorista.

I've decorated for guilds before, as a member. If you give a member a gold key, they can decorate, or a silver key. HOWEVER, I DO NOT recommend doing this unless you know them really well. REALLY REALLY well, because they'll have the options then to ban/kick people, as well as for the guild ship, move the guild ship if they have access to funds in the guild bank.

The info about going to U > Decorations (header/ not a button) > Personal to find out which decorations you can donate, is exactly what i recommend doing for buying or getting decorations for your guild. Not all decorations in your collection can be donated to the guild.

As a general, mostly accurate, guideline - decorations from the cartel market can be donated to guilds through buying a copy from your personal collections. As with the other member's instructions, when you click on the decoration the preview window comes up and at the bottom of the preview window you will see 'buy a copy for the guild' kind of button with an amount in credits. THIS IS THE CHEAPEST MOST EFFECTIVE WAY to get decorations.

Instead of having to spend 500K - several million in credits for the rare decorations, if you unlock even ONE of a rare deco for yourself (if you can purchase it for the guild), then you will only have to pay the copy fee which can range from 25K - 100K on average. There are some that are more, and some that are less.

The decorations from fleet vendors, prefab droids, and rep vendors are seldom dona-table through your personal collection (U > decorations > Personal). Instead those you have to buy & then drag and drop into the guild bank. When the pop up asking you if you want to donate the item as a decoration shows you will have to pick 'yes'. That will add it to the guild decorations list, permanently.

A majority of decoration drops from alliance crates, planetary drops, operations, and flashpoints are also NOT purchasable for the guild through the U > decorations > Personal method. EXCEPT for the most recent flashpoints. Both Copero and Nathema decorations, for the most part, you can donate to the guild through your own collection.

DECO BUYING TIPS

When you go to the gtn to get decorations, if you hover over the decoration & read the description any of the decorations that say they are from vendors will usually be significantly over-priced.

Also, take a look at the prefab droid section on fleet. Notice the other humanoid Vendor standing among the droids? Guess what! He sells ALL of the UTILITY decorations you'll need for your guild. HOWEVER, they are NOT purchasable with credits. You have to have a type and quantity of Universal prefabs on hand. Such as the GUild Bank costs 5 Universal Prefab MK-3s. The GTN Wall Unit costs 3 Universal Prefab MK-3s. There are some that cost the MK-2s and MK-1s. It's the best place to go for things like extra cargo bays, appearance mod stations, or item mod stations.

REMEMBER, in order to donate these utilities to the guild, you have to drag and DROP them into the guild bank then select 'YES'. These you cannot purchase from your own personal collection.

ADDITIONAL NOTE

If you have guilds in both affiliations, the decorations for each affiliation are treated as separate collections. So, if you donate Imperial computers to a Pub-side branch you CAN'T access them from the Imp branch. SORRY if I'm saying too much. I'd rather give you all the info then find that you make some of the same mistakes the rest of us make.

Edited by cacophonycat
need more info

• 2 years later...

As mentioned, you have to give a Gold Key to a guild member to give them options to decorate the guild SH. A Gold Key also gives the hold the ability to invite non-guild members to the SH, move the ship, and change orbital support, so be aware.

Also, though I know the older posts on this thread were from a couple years ago, since it got bumped up and might be viewed by people looking for info on how to handle guild deco donations today, I thought I'd give some updated information.

Right now, almost all decos in the game can be donated to guild via credits purchase. This includes not only Cartel Market decos, but most FP, Ops, vendor-bought, and prefab decos too. (Exceptions that still need to be addressed by the dev team are called out in this bug forums post.)

If you want simple table reference on which decos can be donated and for how much, I've put together this spreadsheet table. You can find the decos by name (they're sorted alphabetically), or you can use the Filters to identify them by a wide variety of means. The Guild Donation Price column tells you the credit cost. If it says N/A it's because it can't be donated.

If it says Physical Donation it means that copies can't be purchased with credits, but rather that you have to have a physical copy of the deco to drag/drop into a guild bank. It should also be noted that any decoration that is not bound to you can also be donated via physical copy drag/drop means. In some cases (like the prefab craftable decos, and those bought from vendors) this might actually be the cheaper path.

• 1 month later...
Looking for someone to donate the republic travel station to our guild. Whisper anyone in the guild Solaris Academy for an invite :)

I may be wrong, but I do not think that decoration is available in the game. I know it is viewable in the list of decorations, but I do not think it is available. There are a number of decorations like that that can be previewed but are not actually in the game.