Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

EricMusco

To be honest, I agree. The question now is, what could they do to actually define the gameplay though? I was making suggestions in the forums as to new abilites but thats beyond their capabilities. I beleive that they should have tacticals that increase your primary attack by 400% but decrease your other abilities or have tacticals were you can make pure speed builds or control builds. A control build would include roots/hardtuns and ccs and a speed build would include reduction of cooldown on force speed, and high alacrity. Maybe even a distance build were your entire build is based off of roots and knockbacks, allowing players to maintain there distance from melee classes. Or even include high damage intake builds were you take a lot more dmg but your dps is reduced. Those would be better tacticals imo ie, your armor rating is increased by 200% but you do 50% less dmg. Or your movement speed is increased by 175% but your armor rating is decreased by 25%. Something like that.

I agree. I wish there were tacticals and set bonuses that focused on an aoe build, but I'm a Madness Sorc so I'm slightly biased, wanting all that DoT and sweet lifesteal.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Ability - Volt Rush

DDeals energy damage to your target and energizes you for up to 5 seconds. The Energize effect can stack twice, with each stack increasing Volt Rush damage by 30%. The ability has 3 charges and a recharge timer of 10 seconds.

-eric

this better be off gcd.if it isn't, this is either useless, or ruins madness rotation and is bad filer in lightning. Please be off gcd.

• Energized Overload - Overload energizes you. Volt Rush deals more damage when you are under the Energize effect.
  • Gathering Storm - Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Polarity Shift by 5 seconds. Using Polarity Shift immediately after extends its duration.
  • Dark Consumption - Dark Heal heals more if you have a Weary or Reverse Corruption stack and consumes 1 stack upon use.
  • Revitalize - Healing a target with another ability while Resurgence is active on them has a chance to cause an extra Resurgence tick for half. Refreshing Resurgence on a target refunds some force.

-eric

the overload stuff is useless. overload is an ability on the gcd, a dps would use it in their rotation unless the energizing effect was absurdly overtuned, this is also bad for when fighting mobs, as you don't want your dps knocking the mobs to aoe them down. just keep overload to a pvp/styrak ability, please.

gathering storm: good for lightning, meh for madness

dark consumption: good for heals

revitilize: good for heals

overall, fix the dps set bonuses. the overload one is stupid, and gathering storm is useful for 1 of the 2 specs.

Sorcerer

• Dark Cleanse - Consuming Darkness lowers the cooldown of Expunge by 3 seconds.
  • Liberate - Extrication now heals you and the target and makes your next Resurgence free.
  • Preserve Self - Activating Unnatural Preservation removes Static Barrier's Deionize effect from you.
  • Dark Return - Returning to your Phase Walk marker causes a force explosion around you, dealing damage to any enemies around.

-eric

dark cleanse: useless. you wouldn't take this in any fight

liberate: extrication omegalul. also useless.

preserve self: decent, especially for madness in pvp as lightning has 10% dr on deionized

dark return: absolutely useless.

THESE are what you go with for TACTICAL, GAMEPLAY DEFINING items, for sorcerer? really??

preserve self should be a utility point. the other three are garbage and would not ever be taken even as utility points.

please fix this.

Dark return should be Dark Depart

Using your phase walk causes a force explosion around you, dealing damage to any enemies around.

The purpose of phasewalk is to get away from players lol!!!! If there was an explosion that did dmg to the enemies around you when used phasewalk then it would actually be viable. The way it is not, I do not think players would ever use this unless the smg was a 30k crit, therefore making it a waste of a tactical item.

Edited by Delani

I agree. I wish there were tacticals and set bonuses that focused on an aoe build, but I'm a Madness Sorc so I'm slightly biased, wanting all that DoT and sweet lifesteal.

Yes exactly, something like all dots applied to all targets are increased by 10% or dots duration ticks longer or dot duration extends ticks for every extra person hit with a dot. Something like that. And possibly a ranged build, all ranged attacks are increased to 40-50 meters. Those are class defining tacticals.

You contradict yourself with how Volt Rush works. In the ability description, you say that the Energize stacks are buffs on you but in some of the tactical item descriptions, it's worded as if the Energize stacks are debuffs on enemies. This is a very important distinction as it heavily impacts target swap capability. I really think it should work as a buff on the player instead of a debuff. Both DPS specs already have enough target swap limitations with Affliction in Lightning and the DoTs in general with Madness. It doesn't need another thing.

It's a little hard to tell how strong the following will be without being able to see the precise damage/healing/percentage numbers of some of these effects.

• Healing Volts - The usefulness of this item will depend largely on how strong the heal and damage from Volt Rush are. People won't use it if it's a weak heal and won't use Volt Rush if it doesn't deal more damage than Shock and Force Lightning. This tactical is also dependent on healers dealing damage, so this will require accuracy to make use of.
  • Death Channel and Stormwatch don't have different use cases. They're both single target damage increases so which one gets used will depend entirely on which one has a stronger effect. Both of these effects are also RNG-based and Lightning already has an overabundance of RNG effects, which I'm not a fan of, but Stormwatch seems like it would be a cool looking effect so I expect that more (uninformed) players will pick that one even if Death Channel is stronger.
  • Wrath Rushdown - If I'm understanding this correctly, this tactical just lets Wrath work with Volt Rush. It seems the incentive is that you'd use one Force Lightning to proc this ability and then use three Volt Rushes in a row before using Force Lightning again to get ready to proc Demolish's Wrath.
  • All for One and One for All are an interesting pair of tacticals and it will be good to have both, but I feel that they're gonna have to really amp up the healing since Extra Mend automatically provides more AoE or single target healing depending on what's needed and it's a HoT. One for All might be frustrating to use if someone else runs into the circle when you won't want them to. I think it would be better if it just made Revivification single target, this will have to make it a very strong single-target heal since it's a Hot, is very expensive, has a long cast time, and removes most of the sorc's AoE healing capabilities.
  • Ruthless Demolition, Writhing Terror, and Wrath Rushdown are all effectively single target damage increases just like Death Channel and Stormwatch, so which one gets used will be entirely dependent on which provides the strongest overall DPS increase.

Some of them seem much less helpful.

• Dark Cleanse - Expunge already has a very short cooldown and raid mechanics are all built around that cooldown. There isn't enough that is cleansable in PvP either. You're also spending a very significant amount of time over the course of this cooldown where you aren't doing much healing at all, at least 4.5 seconds (2 Expunges and one Consuming Darkness) but all that for a 3 second cooldown reduction isn't worth it so you either need to spend 6 seconds not healing or this is not a valuable tactical.
  • Liberate and Revitalize - Extrication is rarely used because it's so situational. I don't like the idea of giving this a big heal either because bad healers are going to take this and use Extrication when they shouldn't. Resurgence is already dirt cheap and heals for a small amount so who cares if it's free or heals for more, the purpose of the ability is to get the Force Bending proc and not pay attention to who this gets used on.
  • Preserve Self - The only use I see for this is if it is paired with the Lightning Barrier utility, however this tactical item becomes more useful with the less ticks you get out of Lightning Barrier so its usefulness is questionable. Static Barrier is almost never the difference between life and death for a sorc. Force Barrier is what prevents people from dying if it comes to that. If you're not taking Lightning Barrier, you're either wasting a GCD as a DPS that could be spent towards killing whatever is about to kill you or just heal yourself with your other abilities as a healer.
  • Gathering Storm means that raiders will lose access to on-demand Force Speed entirely and be forced to take Surging Speed for the cooldown reduction on Force Speed to get Polarity Shift as often as possible
  • Energized Overload - This seems lame, I could maybe see this being a 2 piece set bonus but certainly not 4 or 6.
  • All of the Set Bonuses - All of the Set Bonuses need to be reworked.

I also have some other questions about the rationale behind some of the tacticals:

• Volt Flux - Does Lightning Storm get triggered off a separate rate limit? If not, then this part of the item is pointless because it is already exceedingly easy to proc Lightning Storm. The other piece of the effect seems like a nice increase in AoE damage though.
  • Exhaustion Field - How is this going to work with the Conspiring Force utility that slows players affected by Affliction. If they don't work at the same time, it makes one of them useless.

I'm concerned about some of them wrecking rotations.

• Dark Consumption - This promotes all sorts incorrectness with force management and is inconsistent in what it consumes. Weary reduces your force regeneration rate while Reverse Corruption increases it, I don't understand why an ability would consume both. You shouldn't be using Dark Heal without the proc because it is inefficient and costly, you shouldn't be incentivized to use an inefficient ability when you're already low on Force. I would say that this would be better if it only consumed Force Surge stacks and made the healing increase work so it's equal or greater to Dark Infusion.
  • Dark Cleanse - Already talked about how this one forces you to spend a lot of time not healing. It also doesn't mesh well with the Dark Consumption set bonus.
  • Wrath Rushdown and Volt Flux, and really Volt Rush in general will significantly reduce the number of fillers in the rotation. For Lightning, this means that Fulgurous Fortification and Charged Reaction will have even less uptime. For Madness, it means Fulminating Current will have less uptime. If you ask me, all of these could be made into passives instead of procs to fix this (and it would be good for all rotation-altering procs to be changed into passives), but at the very least the duration of these needs to be increased.
  • Dark Return will enable Phase Walk to be used to deal damage off the GCD, meaning players will want to use it on cooldown in raids but that will be gross. I'd recommend making it not deal single-target strength damage and put it on the GCD and make the cast time 1.5 seconds so it can't be used in this way.

I really like most of what's been done as effects though. I want to give special attention to:

• Dark Return - I've wanted this sort of thing for a long time. I hope it looks something like Malgus' Leeching strike ability.
  • Healing Volts - I love getting to DPS and heal at the same time and more naturally incorporate DPSing into healing
  • Stormwatch - This is just gonna look super awesome, so much lightning!!!!!
  • Convection Burst - This is gonna be pretty mandatory in PvP because it makes Thundering Blast much harder to mitigate with an interrupt or roll.
  • Volt Flux - This one will also look equally cool as Stormwatch hopefully so I won't feel bad giving it up in AoE situations.
  • Ruthless Demolition - I really like how you're giving an option for a tactical that allows Madness to be more bursty.

Edited by DarthEndonae
Formatting

Ruthless demolition for madness looks too overpowered. 20% last tick buff + instant force leech is a damn damage buff. + the new ability is indeed too much for both lightning and dot spec. One additional burst ability will make this class too overpowered

One additional burst ability will make this class too overpowered

Woah, woah, calm down mara

20% initial tick buff + instant force leech is a damn damage buff.

Squishy and bursty. "Glass cannon" in other words.

Edited by EmperorRus

I think this is all very interesting. But perhaps I misunderstood the purpose of Tactical Items. I thought a Tactical Item would actually alter or enhance a class's certain ability. For instance, I would like the option for a player to greatly increase the damage of their basic attacks/abilities. But like I said, I think I may have misunderstood the purpose of Tactical Items in the first place. Anyway, I think the added bonuses should be a lot of fun regardless of the outcome. Edited by Sameliotsith

Man, those Tactical Items and Set Bonuses are weak.

If you add something new, please make it have an impact on the playstyle.

Maybe if you fuse all those bonuses into 1 item it would be able to make a difference.

This way, 1 bonus changes 1 little thing about 1 skill.

I am not impressed.

• Energized Overload - Overload energizes you. Volt Rush deals more damage when you are under the Energize effect.
  • Gathering Storm - Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Polairty Shift by 5 seconds. Using Polarity Shift immediately after extends its duration.

I would be careful with adding additional effects to situational abilities (and slows to rotational abilities, but that's a different matter). Especially the Overload idea, for reasons already specified by others. There are better suited abilties Sorcerers have where you could add effects to; Consuming Darkness and Saber Strike.

Consuming Darkness is nearly useless for both dps specs, but since it doesn't have a global cooldown, an internal cooldown on the effects would have to be added.

Saber Strike is completely useless to the advanced class. Now would be the perfect chance to redesign it. There are plenty of options (not necessarily relating to the quoted effects), but I'll just give a few ideas. Saber Strike becomes a conal attack (probably not what the class needs, but neither is a weak melee attack). Or it is redesigned to make the saber float around the force user and deflect/reflect x amount of attacks or x% of attacks for the next y seconds, or giving x% alacrity buff on damage taken. Or just some plain damage reduction if you want to be boring. Of course, the ability would need a cooldown and balancing. Perhaps even taking it off global cooldown, depending on the use. Personally I don't pay much attention to animations; for all I care you can wave the lightsaber like a magic wand and get the Energized Overload effect. Still better than getting it with the actual Overload.

"Dark Cleanse" --- This show's me you actually have people who play the game properly making these new abilities. Anyone who doesn't think this is an awesomely powerful utility doesn't actually main sorc/sage heals with precision.

Please keep this ability.

Writhing Terror - Creeping Terror has a 10% chance to tick an additional time whenever Force Lightning deals damage.

Too weak. So if I understand correctly, your goal is get rid of Lightning Strike?

I suggest this:

"Writhing Terror now increases Force Lightning damage by 25% to targets affected by the player’s Creeping Terror.

In addition, Creeping Terror has a 20% chance to tick an additional time whenever Force Lightning deals damage."

I wish there was a Set Bonus or Tactical that had a specific effect or modified a specific ability not listed

As I said before I would like to see DoT spread being removed and in turn single-target DPS boosted.

Edited by EmperorRus

So bubble stun (3s cc) -> less than 12s of hitting the sorc (assuming healer with the 15s deionize) -> bubble stun -> unnatural preservation -> bubble stun (6s of cc) -> less than 12s of hitting the sorc -> bubble stun (3s cc)-> less than 12s of hitting the sorc -> bubble stun -> unnatural preservation -> bubble stun (6s of cc)? Please no.

Bubble stun only gives 300 resolve so it can hit 4 times in a row before you're white barred. Or twice + hard stun or whirlwind. So basically every 30ish seconds you can get hit with a 10-14s stun chain.

Can we either adjust how resolve works or stop adding more slows and stuns to the game? Please?

Again, either adjust resolve or stop adding more slows/stuns. It's not fun!

Thats an important point. Stun bubble utility was invented without considering deionize could be removed and with this new way of removing deionize stun bubble will become pretty op overpowered since it will cc anyone around too much considering low resolve points this stun provides.

Echoing what everyone else said about the tacticals: the Sorcercr tacticals don't define any build or make any meaningful impact on gameplay.

This is some ideas for PVP tacticals.

Give us the ability to choose to play single target "burst-ish" madness or focus on more AOE madness. For example:

Madness:

- Creeping terror and affliction hit 1.5x harder on the initial target they were applied to, but hit for their regular amount on any targets that they are spread by deathfield.

-Creeping terror and affliction hit for their regular amount on the initial target they were applied to, but hit for 1.5x harder on any targets that they are spread by deathfield.

Lightning. I am disgusted that there has not yet been any ideas to allow chain lightning to become a "smart aoe." As of right now any benefits of the lightning spec are negated by the fact that chain lightning breaks almost every single mezz. It's range is actually impressive. So then the best thing to do is to allow it to "no longer damage a sleeping, lifted, or incapacitated enemy unless it is the primary target." This is the exact thing you did in 1.0 and 2.0 to smart aoe abilities like wither.

In addition, sorcerer has several really nice utilities that could be packaged into tacticals. For example:

- You no longer have to face the target to knock them back with overload but instead overload acts similarily to the Mercenary and Sniper knockbacks. In addition overload now roots it's targets for 2 seconds just like the electric bindings utility.

-

Edited by septru

You no longer have to face the target to knock them back with overload but instead overload acts similarily to the Mercenary and Sniper knockbacks. In addition overload now roots it's targets for 2 seconds just like the electric bindings utility.

Give us the ability to choose to play single target "burst-ish" madness or focus on more AOE madness.

That would be great

Edited by EmperorRus

Echoing what everyone else said about the tacticals: the Sorcercr tacticals don't define any build or make any meaningful impact on gameplay.

This is some ideas for PVP tacticals.

Give us the ability to choose to play single target "burst-ish" madness or focus on more AOE madness. For example:

Madness:

- Creeping terror and affliction hit 1.5x harder on the initial target they were applied to, but hit for their regular amount on any targets that they are spread by deathfield.

-Creeping terror and affliction hit for their regular amount on the initial target they were applied to, but hit for 1.5x harder on any targets that they are spread by deathfield.

Lightning. I am disgusted that there has not yet been any ideas to allow chain lightning to become a "smart aoe." As of right now any benefits of the lightning spec are negated by the fact that chain lightning breaks almost every single mezz. It's range is actually impressive. So then the best thing to do is to allow it to "no longer damage a sleeping, lifted, or incapacitated enemy unless it is the primary target." This is the exact thing you did in 1.0 and 2.0 to smart aoe abilities like wither.

In addition, sorcerer has several really nice utilities that could be packaged into tacticals. For example:

- You no longer have to face the target to knock them back with overload but instead overload acts similarily to the Mercenary and Sniper knockbacks. In addition overload now roots it's targets for 2 seconds just like the electric bindings utility.

-

or Phasewalk cooldown is now 30 seconds

No.

Stop.

Please, seriously stop attaching things to overload. And extricate too for that matter, but I doubt that will see much use anyway.

Seriously no one wants mobs needlessly being flung around constantly. As a melee player this is beyond annoying.

Please! Stop incentivizing trolltastic behavior! PLEASE

I totally agree we keep seeing good abilities go wasted in pve because NO ONE USES OVERLOAD in raid situations all it does is make things worse Same with other useless abilities that get things cool added to them. I'm sure this all revolves around pvp.... sigh

if you want to make build defining items, Sorcerers and Sages lack a lot of mobility available to other classes so maybe a generic tactical item that at a cost of reducing dps a little giving them the ability to use more spells on the fly because if Thundering Darkness and Turbulence, 2 of the heaviest hitters can me used while moving why not telekinetic strike or Lightning strike. I not asking for all the abilities to be allows mobile casting just a few, channeled abilities should remain as they are for all classes.

Hey folks,

Let's talk about what Spoils of War has in store for the Sorcerer! Below you will find the Sorcerer's new ability, the set bonuses that are planned for them, and a list of their new Tactical items. You may see bonuses which refer to charges. We are introducing new tech in Onslaught which will allow abilities to have multiple charges, meaning you can use them more then once (per charge) and the cooldown will simply add a charge up to the maximum.

Keep in mind that all of this is subject to change

New Ability - Volt Rush

Deals energy damage to your target and energizes you for up to 5 seconds. The Energize effect can stack twice, with each stack increasing Volt Rush damage by 30%. The ability has 3 charges and a recharge timer of 10 seconds.

Set Bonuses

These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc).

• Gathering Storm - Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Polairty Shift by 5 seconds. Using Polarity Shift immediately after extends its duration.
  • Dark Consumption - Dark Heal heals more if you have a Weary or Reverse Corruption stack and consumes 1 stack upon use.
  • Revitalize - Healing a target with another ability while Resurgence is active on them has a chance to cause an extra Resurgence tick for half. Refreshing Resurgence on a target refunds some force.

Tactical Items

This a new item slot coming in Onslaught. You can only wear one Tactical Item at a time.

Sorcerer

• Dark Cleanse - Consuming Darkness lowers the cooldown of Expunge by 3 seconds.
  • Liberate - Extrication now heals you and the target and makes your next Resurgence free.
  • Preserve Self - Activating Unnatural Preservation removes Static Barrier's Deionize effect from you.
  • Dark Return - Returning to your Phase Walk marker causes a force explosion around you, dealing damage to any enemies around.

Corruption

• All For One - Revivification heals more for each ally it affects.
  • One For All - Revivification heals more the fewer allies it affects.
  • Extra Mend - Roaming Mend can now heal up to 5 targets instead of 4.
  • Healing Volts - Damaging an enemy with Volt Rush causes your ally closest to the enemy to be healed, scaling with how many Energized stacks are on the enemy.

Lightning

• Death Channel - Forked Darkness now has a greater chance to activate and Crushing Darkness deals more damage each time it ticks.
  • Volt Flux - Volt Rush triggers Lightning Storm when activated. Chain Lightning spreads the Energized effect and causes your next Volt Rush to arc to nearby targets.
  • Convection Burst - While under Convection, activating Lightning Flash grants an additional Convection stack. 3 Convection stacks allow Thundering Blast to be activated instantly, consuming all stacks.
  • Stormwatch - Lightning Flash applies Stormwatch to it's targets. Anytime this target it critically hit in the next 10 seconds, a weaker Lightning Flash is applied to them.

Madness

• Exhaustion Field - Death Field does 10% more damage to all targets spreads Force Slow's effects.
  • Ruthless Demolition - Demolish deals 20% more damage on initial hit. Additionally, under Polarity Shift, Demolish resets the cooldown of Force Leech, and causes the next Force Leech to activate instantly.
  • Writhing Terror - Creeping Terror has a 10% chance to tick an additional time whenever Force Lightning deals damage.
  • Wrath Rushdown - When Force Lightning generates 4 stacks of Wrath, you gain Wrath Rush, allowing your next 3 Volt Rushes to deal 25% more damage and cost 50% less Force. Volt Rush consumes all stacks of Wrath.

As a note, if you are a Consular player, you can expect to see these set bonuses mirrored for you as well, they are still in process.

Let us know your thoughts! Here are the types of feedback we are looking for. XX seems too strong or too weak. XX Set Bonus combined with XX Tactical seems too strong or too weak. I wish there was a Set Bonus or Tactical that had a specific effect or modified a specific ability not listed. Be as specific as possible in your feedback.

-eric

Tactical item, increase the range of phasewalk to 60 meters

To be honest, I agree. The question now is, what could they do to actually define the gameplay though? I was making suggestions in the forums as to new abilites but thats beyond their capabilities. I beleive that they should have tacticals that increase your primary attack by 400% but decrease your other abilities or have tacticals were you can make pure speed builds or control builds. A control build would include roots/hardtuns and ccs and a speed build would include reduction of cooldown on force speed, and high alacrity. Maybe even a distance build were your entire build is based off of roots and knockbacks, allowing players to maintain there distance from melee classes. Or even include high damage intake builds were you take a lot more dmg but your dps is reduced. Those would be better tacticals imo ie, your armor rating is increased by 200% but you do 50% less dmg. Or your movement speed is increased by 175% but your armor rating is decreased by 25%. Something like that.

I like most of these ideas, except the control builds. Which would be hugely infuriating to play against.

I would have like to see lightning Sorc have the option of instant cast crushing darkness and use force lightning on the move. But have their range reduced to 15m.

Also have an option for chain lightning to only hit one target with a higher amount of damage (maybe 25%) instead of 8 targets.

This would make them a mid range build and highly mobile that specialises in 1v1 situations instead AOE and controlling affects. Essentially they would be in “knife fighting” range with the melee classes most of the time, but they wouldn’t be using a melee weapon.

The trade off could be losing the ability to off heal and healing can only be applied to yourself. I would even accept a small nerf to self healing in return for the extra damage.

The other trade off for a build like this could be a 25% reduction in damage from Force Storm or Force storm has a maximum range of 15m, but slows the target for 30% or roots them in place.

In my opinion, that’s how you could open up the class using tactical’s and set bonuses.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I like most of these ideas, except the control builds. Which would be hugely infuriating to play against.

I would have like to see lightning Sorc have the option of instant cast crushing darkness and use force lightning on the move. But have their range reduced to 15m.

Also have an option for chain lightning to only hit one target with a higher amount of damage (maybe 25%) instead of 8 targets.

This would make them a mid range build and highly mobile that specialises in 1v1 situations instead AOE and controlling affects. Essentially they would be in “knife fighting” range with the melee classes most of the time, but they wouldn’t be using a melee weapon.

The trade off could be losing the ability to off heal and healing can only be applied to yourself. I would even accept a small nerf to self healing in return for the extra damage.

The other trade off for a build like this could be a 25% reduction in damage from Force Storm or Force storm has a maximum range of 15m, but slows the target for 30% or roots them in place.

In my opinion, that’s how you could open up the class using tactical’s and set bonuses.

Yea, they shouldnt even have to nerf the healing at all. Especially since Marauders are getting even more dmg which is honestly terrifying. Its like the people making decisions do not play pvp or do pve at all. As long as they focus on players being able to make build out of the options we are given, then 6.0 should be fine. To be honest, with the options they listed as of yet, I do not beleive 6.0 will be the "play your way" it should be.

Everything Sorc is getting look really week compering to Mara or warrior.

Yes, this all need to be put on PTS to be properly tested and actually see how much of difference it is.

With 6.0 you are making huge changes that would need a lot o time to be properly tested and there is not that much time.

You do know that DPS Sorc dmg is on bottom for almost 3 years(since 5.0) if after 6.0 DPS Sorc stay at bottom then i am not sure that i will have will to keep playing. I am refusing to be pushed to play other class just because balance is bad and after 3 years of pain if this continue, well i really hope it doesn't because i love this game.

What Sorc need is "nuke" some hard hitting ability, Sorc has enough AOE, but it need single target hard hitting ability. For example lightning which is suppose to be burst spec, looks more like tickling spec.

For madness as was said before give tactical item to be able to use force lightning while moving, but everything will be pointless if dmg stay at bottom.

Also i am confuse with your design to tie crit or more +dmg with DCD abilities, tie more dmg with dmg abilities, and more defense and CC with DCD abilities - rotation should feel smooth.

You should try to reduce number of abilities not increase - number of dmg abilities in rotation is not to high, but there is just to many situational utilities abilities buffs, debuffs, cc, dcd, etc.

I hope you won't leave Sorc at bottom, currently both Sniper and Merc(also range) are far better for PVE but especially for PVP, please fix this.