Level Sync is an Ongoing Problem, All content should just sync to 80

MaximusRex

BioWare seems to be struggling with having multiple levels of level syncing, and how to appropriately scale stats down to those levels.

Every other game I have played with level sync bolsters everyone one up to the cap. This makes everything easier on everyone. BioWare have less numbers to fiddle with as they will be the same everywhere. This will also make it easier to add levels in the future as they won't have to recalculate stats for every planet in the game.

Players will have a better sense of their numbers and won't have to worry about if they are being scaled properly.

BioWare seems to be struggling with having multiple levels of level syncing, and how to appropriately scale stats down to those levels.

Not exactly. The problem isn't quite what you think. Read on.

Every other game I have played with level sync bolsters everyone one up to the cap. This makes everything easier on everyone.

Two substantial counter-examples:

* GW2 scales *down*, but, like SWTOR, it leaves your abilities as they are.

* Final Fantasy 14 clips you down when you do synced content (mostly "Fates" which are similar to GW2 "Dynamic Events"), but it also takes away (while you're synced) your higher-level abilities.

BioWare have less numbers to fiddle with as they will be the same everywhere. This will also make it easier to add levels in the future as they won't have to recalculate stats for every planet in the game.

Once a planet's numbers are set up, there's no real reason to change them as the "not-synced" level cap increases.

Well, unless they decide that the power progression between local cap plus one and global cap is too steep and the best way to "fix" (er, it wasn't broken - maxbies *should* be more powerful than highbies who *should* be more powerful than midbies) the situation was to mess with the synced stat values.

Outside of that case, there's no reason to do much more than slight tweaks. (6.0 needed a little more because they changed the sync-to levels, but it was for that reason, not because the global level cap changed.)

Players will have a better sense of their numbers and won't have to worry about if they are being scaled properly.

In ESO, I have never had any sort of sense of my numbers. (ESO is one of those "scale-up" games, and it's not quite right there either - I had relatively little sense of progression on the way to level 50, outside of my abilities becoming more numerous.)

Every other game I have played with level sync bolsters everyone one up to the cap. This makes everything easier on everyone. BioWare have less numbers to fiddle with as they will be the same everywhere. This will also make it easier to add levels in the future as they won't have to recalculate stats for every planet in the game.

This is a bad problem, not only with acc, alac and crit, but overall damage, survivability and support seem to be way off as well.

Example on mek-sha today after the patch. Mind you I am a lvl 80 sniper in a lvl 75 zone so only 5 level difference. I also just put on the level 320 gear set.

Sitting on my ship my normal stats are as follows.

41,672 damage

32,663 survivability

26, 078 support

My health is at 403k

Now enter Mek-sha

23,798 damage

17,228 survivability

15,100 support

My health drops to half at 212k

This seems like an awful lot of loss for just five levels. Damage and health is cut in half. I noticed this when my operative started to get absolutely wrecked by three redbars at 175k health each. Now also consider my operative is the only class I have been able to solo the purifier droids in Kotet. Usually my sniper can get through anything, but these npc's on mek-sha are tearing me up. It's almost like I am bugged or this patch borked something again. I also ran through mek-sha on five other classes this past month and had no issue whatsoever. I don't know. I am just getting so tired of this cr@p and this stupid level sync that is nothing but a huge fail.

Edited by Darthmoriquendi

This is a bad problem, not only with acc, alac and crit, but overall damage, survivability and support seem to be way off as well.

Example on mek-sha today after the patch. Mind you I am a lvl 80 sniper in a lvl 75 zone so only 5 level difference. I also just put on the level 320 gear set.

Sitting on my ship my normal stats are as follows.

41,672 damage

32,663 survivability

26, 078 support

My health is at 403k

Now enter Mek-sha

23,798 damage

17,228 survivability

15,100 support

My health drops to half at 212k

This seems like an awful lot of loss for just five levels. Damage and health is cut in half. I noticed this when my operative started to get absolutely wrecked by three redbars at 175k health each. Now also consider my operative is the only class I have been able to solo the purifier droids in Kotet. Usually my sniper can get through anything, but these npc's on mek-sha are tearing me up. It's almost like I am bugged or this patch borked something again. I also ran through mek-sha on five other classes this past month and had no issue whatsoever. I don't know. I am just getting so tired of this cr@p and this stupid level sync that is nothing but a huge fail.

I miss the days when there was no level sync.

After vecoming the Grand Champion, I should be able to go and stomp things on Hutta or DK. 4.0 and beyond sucked the fun out of the game.

Edited by DurdensWrath
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
And they still haven't got it right. Tried doing Counterfeit Tokens on Mek-Sha, and it refuses to sync to level 75, it leaves my Commando at 58.

I am new in the game, i tried to do that quest but at the moment i didn't know it was high lv quest. I was lv 30 or something, obviouly i could not do it, but i was ok, i thought when a lv up i will make it, a few lv later i discovered the level sync and i though "fuc...." this exist here too.

I am quiting after the sub ends i don't wanna play and work on my gear when is pointless