swtor messed up

bvessa

how in the infinite stupidity of whoever thought that allowing people to kill steal in the game is an improvement? now there are all these WoW rejects running around stealing kills and getting the credit for it and those of us with manners are screwed, how is this an improvement, please, someone from the development, fix this messed up situation and put it back to first hit gets the credit as it was before the monumental failure that is legacy of the sith!

I've enjoyed the shared tagging. There have been a couple times where credit wasn't recognized, but all in all, it has been a huge time saver.

Why don't you tell us what fight didn't work for you so we can get it reported and possibly fixed.

My only issue with the “everybody shares credit” is when someone then jumps the crafting node or quest item I was clearing, and I have to wait. Not everything is on a rapid respawn schedule. But that’s been a problem from beta, so it’s not new.

first off I don't expect anyone to care, but the other day I was doing the heroic "Saving Face" on DK. and as I was clearing the spawns, and someone came in killed everything and got all the credit, I had to reset the mission and start over, how is that an improvement from the past? if it's supposed to be shared credit then make it all shared, or return to the way it was, because that system was working, this new one seems broken.

first off I don't expect anyone to care, but the other day I was doing the heroic "Saving Face" on DK. and as I was clearing the spawns, and someone came in killed everything and got all the credit, I had to reset the mission and start over, how is that an improvement from the past? if it's supposed to be shared credit then make it all shared, or return to the way it was, because that system was working, this new one seems broken.

That particular heroic has always been like that, even before the changes. They didn't get credit. They just thought they were helping you. Most people go to the first drill. Go to one of the other drills to avoid that, or reduce the chances of that occurring at least.

My only issue with the “everybody shares credit” is when someone then jumps the crafting node or quest item I was clearing, and I have to wait. Not everything is on a rapid respawn schedule. But that’s been a problem from beta, so it’s not new.

The Balmorra Factory and Shipyard is the worst offender.

Shared tagging is great when it works correctly, but in 7.0 it does not and has many issues. Node ninja's love it though in H2's.

The things that are specifically not working:

* It's per-foe rather than per-group, so if I damage one and you AoE the lot into the ground, you get credit for all and I get credit for one. (Affects general combat.)

* Because of that, if there's a single foe that is required for some purpose, and I summon it but you put it down before I can even touch it, you get credit for the kill (XP, mission advancement, etc.) and I get nothing.

The fix for node ninjas is to make nodes be per-character, so I can click the node even though you just clicked it, and for channelled-click nodes, I can even click it *while* you're channelling it. (GW2 and ESO have similar mechanisms for mission clickies, although material gathering remains resolutely PvP in ESO.)

After the 4th time this happened to me I quit doing the quest when anyone is around

That was one of the very few times shared tagging cost me some time. I never actually reported it as a bug, but I will now in an effort to get it fixed. As others replied, I don't believe the other party gets credit in this case, but it bugs out the credit for the person that activated the drill. Also as suggested, use one of the back drills to avoid this occurring again.

But even after having to kill 3 mobs for the second time, I have saved so much more time simply by not having issues with Possessed Hunter or Personal Challenge. Shared tagging has also helped me save a ton of time with GS targets and allows you to get in on WB where the group that is fighting it is either full or not responding. In other words, the rare occasion where it bugs out is worth it when you use shared tagging a lot for other goals.

After the 4th time this happened to me I quit doing the quest when anyone is around

you do know there four drills

you don't have to go to the very first one.

go past the first, there are 3 more in the background in that canyon

Edited by Falensawino