Heroics and level sync

Zarorock

Seeing as my old post devolved into an argument, I want to try to better explain myself

Level sync has made doing Heroics a long and at times, frustrating slog with long slug fests that just drain all the fun away. With Heroics needed to get locked supply crates, it has become increasingly frustrating to play them when it takes so long to get through one because all the enemies are just bullet sponges.

There is NO skill involved in these fights, just survival, and with some enemies having knock back attacks that can send you flying into yet another group of enemies it is just rubbing salt in the wound.

Edit: Most of my characters are not level 80 and still have the gear from the master's datacron, some have upgraded mods armor and such, none of it is augmented.

Edited by Zarorock

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not wrong.

I have also stated this point in previous threads, and others will agree. (not that I've stated it...but to your point in general)

However, it's only "bad" if you're still using 306 -> 320 gear.

Once you get your companion up to at least level 40 via gifts, and you get some of the newer gear to get your rating 324 or so, heroics start to become more "normal" By which I mean what they felt like when everything was sync'd to level 75 and you had full 306 "top of the line" (but not BIS) gear.

At level 80, 320 is not equal to 306 when the level cap was 75.

At level 80, 320 is more like what 270 was when the level cap was level 75.

It sucks we have to start that grind over again.

One of the MANY complaints about 7.0

And yes, that has to be done each time the level cap is increased, but this time around, it just "feels" worse.

Edited by Darev

You have a couple of things working against you depending on how advanced you were in 6.0 gear wise. Known issues with the current 7.0 version of the game that impact you are:

1) high influence companions are underperforming in synced content

2) color crystals are not functioning in synced content

3) augments are not functioning in synced contend

4) There are issues with level sync on some planets.

Updates to NPCs with 7.0:

1) damage of NPCs has been increased across the board with some gaining a new extra high damage ability.

2) Health of most NPCs has been doubled

3) some NPCs have had a passive in battle regeneration added to them (typically tough golds and champs)

4) damage resistance in general has been decreased on player characters.

on the plus side, gear now does have an impact on level sync instead of being hard capped like it was in 6.0. In 7.0 the better your gear the better your synced stats will be.

on the plus side, gear now does have an impact on level sync instead of being hard capped like it was in 6.0. In 7.0 the better your gear the better your synced stats will be.

In 6.0 we had veteran stacks and I think it had greater impact on your stats than what we have today.

Aside from starting planets, CZ-198, and Ziost I won't do heroics on a non-stealth class. Even with 326+ gear it takes entirely too long and drains all the fun out of playing. On top of that, seeing a level 30 mob withstand my attacks better than anything at level 80 breaks the immersion.

In 6.0 we had veteran stacks and I think it had greater impact on your stats than what we have today.

I think the veteran stacks were a fix for the hard capped level sync to make gear matter to some degree. If everything was working correctly, I think we would have "power" level comparable to 6.0. Without augments and color crystals and the sync mechanism not being consistent, It's hard to say which would be better.

I was doing some Heroics as I am doing my best to get the supply crates, and my characters are actually at around 250 to 270 item rating, and I do have stealth on pretty much all of them, but still.

They NEED to add a none level sync instance or something, add extra rewards for the level sync instance and you can have people like me that enjoy god mode and get a few crate and those that like a challenge get extra rewards.

The way it is now it just feels like they are punishing players that are just trying to get the supply crates.

Or why not this, if your a legendary player you unlock a none level sync instance that you can just let lose and have fun in, how about that.

I was doing some Heroics as I am doing my best to get the supply crates, and my characters are actually at around 250 to 270 item rating, and I do have stealth on pretty much all of them, but still.

They NEED to add a none level sync instance or something, add extra rewards for the level sync instance and you can have people like me that enjoy god mode and get a few crate and those that like a challenge get extra rewards.

The way it is now it just feels like they are punishing players that are just trying to get the supply crates.

Or why not this, if your a legendary player you unlock a none level sync instance that you can just let lose and have fun in, how about that.

Why don't you just get gear?

Most of my characters are not level 80, most are 75 but a few are are at 72, only one is level 80 and he has good gear at around 316 item rating.

316 item rating is not 'good gear' - it's crap gear. You should have at least 320 iRating with some 322/324 pieces to be considered 'good'.

Some of this depends upon where you are doing the Heroics ofc. Coruscant is pretty easy.

Yeah, i also mentioned this multiple times before that i am usually struggling trying solo heroic quests. (atleast on some planets like Belsavis & Hoth) even tho the character i am doing it with is level 80 and had an item rating of 322 at that point, which should have been sufficient enough. I mean, don't get me wrong, i know they did it because some people complained about content being too easy but not all of us are elites and quitte frankly... on those said planets, it's just plain ridiculous.

316 item rating is not 'good gear' - it's crap gear.

The only thing dragging that gear down is the lightsaber, and while it is a lower item rating, it has better stats than the conquest gear lightsaber, for some reason. Everything else is 320.

I have to disagree strongly. The opposite is true.

6.0 did not cap tertiary stats, so you alacrity and accuracy thresholds and crit chance (all determined by your gear) were maintained everywhere.

7.0 caps the tertiaries, making it impossible to reach a GCD-threshold in any synced content, no matter you gear.

Gear now has significantly less impact in synced content.

Yeah, i also mentioned this multiple times before that i am usually struggling trying solo heroic quests. (atleast on some planets like Belsavis & Hoth) even tho the character i am doing it with is level 80 and had an item rating of 322 at that point, which should have been sufficient enough. I mean, don't get me wrong, i know they did it because some people complained about content being too easy but not all of us are elites and quitte frankly... on those said planets, it's just plain ridiculous.

I do not believe this to be the case. It's not elitists that made them do it. It is their lack of new material each expac. The only way to keep us busy is to make it so we can not breeze through all previous content. Let's face it, previous content has been made current content for most of this game's life.

I do not believe this to be the case. It's not elitists that made them do it. It is their lack of new material each expac. The only way to keep us busy is to make it so we can not breeze through all previous content. Let's face it, previous content has been made current content for most of this game's life.

Either way, some of these NPC's that you have to kill are just too overpowered.

I mean really... If i am max level and i have an item rating of 322... I should be able to kick their asses all over the planet if i wanted to. But no...I much rather make it so that it is nearly (keyword "nearly") impossible to solo.

I do like a challenge but this is ridiculous. I am suppose to "earn" credits, not "losing" them!

Either way, some of these NPC's that you have to kill are just too overpowered.

I mean really... If i am max level and i have an item rating of 322... I should be able to kick their asses all over the planet if i wanted to. But no...I much rather make it so that it is nearly (keyword "nearly") impossible to solo.

I do like a challenge but this is ridiculous. I am suppose to "earn" credits, not "losing" them!

As I said before, the H2+ stands for two players + companions - if this wouldn't be the case what would the + stand for? You can kick normal NPC around the planet but what makes you think you can kick silver and gold enemies?

And... let's face the truth - farming gear via heroics is not worth it, farming credits via heroics is not worth it. The only reason anybody should be doing them apart from you liking them is either cosmetic armor or aquatics.

As I said before, the H2+ stands for two players + companions - if this wouldn't be the case what would the + stand for?

It was stated by BW that H2 are to be completed by a group of player + companion. And the + at the end means that it can be done by a group of up to 4 either players or players with companion.

As I said before, the H2+ stands for two players + companions - if this wouldn't be the case what would the + stand for? You can kick normal NPC around the planet but what makes you think you can kick silver and gold enemies?

And... let's face the truth - farming gear via heroics is not worth it, farming credits via heroics is not worth it. The only reason anybody should be doing them apart from you liking them is either cosmetic armor or aquatics.

Well, to be completely honest: Getting those aquatic marks is also a big part of why i am doing those.

Still... If i was so elite, i would be doing OPS (like Karraga's Palace, Dread Palace, Toborro's Courtyard etc), but i don't consider myself good enough for it and i don't wanna slack in a group either. Heroic daily quests however, should'nt be as hard, but they are. Well... Some of them anyways.

Well, to be completely honest: Getting those aquatic marks is also a big part of why i am doing those.

Still... If i was so elite, i would be doing OPS (like Karraga's Palace, Dread Palace, Toborro's Courtyard etc), but i don't consider myself good enough for it and i don't wanna slack in a group either. Heroic daily quests however, should'nt be as hard, but they are. Well... Some of them anyways.

Ok I see, but I can tell you there are enough other people dragging groups down, so even if you do that it's likely nobody cares.

I'm not going to lie to you: no heroic is hard, not even the section X H4. Is ot harder? yes, is it too hard? no. It's just my opinion.

I know other people don't have so many toons but why would you do Hoth heroics? Just spam CZ if you need aquatics

It was stated by BW that H2 are to be completed by a group of player + companion. And the + at the end means that it can be done by a group of up to 4 either players or players with companion.

Sure, but even if they did you guys are complaining that it takes too long, not that you can't complete it right

Sure, but even if they did you guys are complaining that it takes too long, not that you can't complete it right

Because it does. SWTOR is a game. A toy. Toys are meant to be fun to play. Joyless grind introduced in 7.0 is not fun. If I wanted to spend my time doing something that's not fun I would've taken another part-time job.

Because it does. SWTOR is a game. A toy. Toys are meant to be fun to play. Joyless grind introduced in 7.0 is not fun. If I wanted to spend my time doing something that's not fun I would've taken another part-time job.

I think you've said this a couple times now and I still think it's a really good way to put it. I get my tests and homework from school, not my games.

You guys do realize you play an mmorpg right? What makes these games great is that everybody starts from 0 and you have to earn everything that you have, if you don't want to earn it and just get it donated you probably shouldn't be playing a mmorpg.