AFK players

JediAllegiance

That's pretty severe though. Generally not great design to permanently cut off 50% of the players from rewards.

If this really has become a problem, then bot and afk detection upgrades would be better for the community, as a whole.

Edited by Monterone

you did basically the same. tbh, what're you complaining about? i could just as easily complain in the same manner about your performance.

Clearly you don't know how to read a scoreboard. The bright green highlighted line is me. I cropped it out because I didn't want to put my name. However, here is the full screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/iGlYVXo.

lol kicking "afk" players is kinda not top priority for teams win trading plus not likely to want to draw attention to their matches anyways and when you add the number of bots Im seeing it gets complicated to accomplish that. The whole state of pvp is a disaster Id almost be ready to have pvp shut down at this point.

Yeh maybe they shouldn't give credit for losses so they are forced to try? 🥴🥴

Either strip PvP of ALL rewards or allow losses to count toward progress for rewards.

PvE players do not get rewards for simply participating, it is true. What PvE players DO get is the benefit of choosing the difficulty of the challenge. PvP players do not get such a choice because the population does not support it, and of course even if there were choices, there would be sandbaggers.

Leave the PvP loss for rewards alone. Again, either strip PvP of ALL rewards or allow losses to count toward progress for rewards.

I would be very interested to know how you would react (indeed I would be interested to know how all PvPers would respond) if Bioware removed all rewards from PvP. I doubt you would like the result.

Edited by Sappharan

I would be very interested to know how you would react (indeed I would be interested to know how all PvPers would respond) if Bioware removed all rewards from PvP. I doubt you would like the result.

PVP would die completely given that without the rewards people who play the game for pvp primarily couldn't gear up.

PVP would die completely given that without the rewards people who play the game for pvp primarily couldn't gear up.

Nah we are like the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park. Life finds a way....and pvpers will find a way to get the best gear we can. I tanked a nim operation this weekend to get 330 purple gear, and I hate pve 😂😂

Edited by Samcuu

I really don't ever want to see losses not counting to ever come back in pvp. I'd rather deal with afk'ers than to see that system come back. Maybe a good way to combat afk'ers is to implement a system where no matter if your team wins or loses, you won't get credit if you don't meet a minimum number of medals in 8v8 unranked. No idea if this could even be done but its an idea.

And also keep in mind that not everyone who afk's does so on purpose. I was playing with a friend once who got spouse aggro right at the beginning and he thought he had left the match (he's a bit absent minded) but he didn't. So we were down a player who unintentionally was afk. I always like to give the benefit of the doubt. You never know whats going on behind the keyboard of that player.

And also keep in mind that not everyone who afk's does so on purpose. I was playing with a friend once who got spouse aggro right at the beginning and he thought he had left the match (he's a bit absent minded) but he didn't. So we were down a player who unintentionally was afk. I always like to give the benefit of the doubt. You never know whats going on behind the keyboard of that player.

There are a TON of people with children to tend that play this game as well. Been in plenty of raids where "kid aggro" put a pause on things midway through. cause a youngin crawled out of bed to ask for water or something.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2022 at 11:38 AM, JediAllegiance said:

Been seeing so many of these players who queue, stealth, and afk to get easy WZ-1 currency. It's so blatant they don't even try to hide it. I thought this would be fixed with the "PvP revamp".

An example: https://imgur.com/a/v06RTZ5

To be fair I am one of these players but it's not what you think. For me the problem is with the current WZ Lag or desync with FPS. To emphasize, every now and then in a WZ match or FP there could be a point where my FPS crashes to 1FPS and back up to 30 which basically freezes the game up, when this happens, I can't do anything i.e useful. Leaving the game is not an option sometimes because I dont want to be applied a 15min wz for some BS reason because Bioware doesn't want to optimize WZ and FP instances when things get crazy. That said, the only way to fix this is to restart the game and leaving the game just crashes the game. Therefore, when this happens I stealth out and find corner wait for the game session to finish then hard exit the game by closing the application which inevitable crashes' the game anyway. This saves me the 15min Warzone lock its sucks but sorry I'm not waiting for 15min for things not under my control.

On 8/4/2022 at 11:00 PM, Samcuu said:

Yeh maybe they shouldn't give credit for losses so they are forced to try? 🥴🥴

Didn't they try that a few years ago and the blowback was instant, fierce, and constant until it changed? I think it was something like win 6 for the weekly, maybe.

This is a double edged sword that no game can fight.  The problem isnt the game, its the people in it.
If you dont give credit for losses you force even more premades and mismatched fights, if you do you get this from those who dont have the integrity to play the game. 
You cant expect technology to address human weakness. 

Regs isn't healthy enough right now to really do anything about this. Sure I think afk should go punished more than someone leaving an unfair match but it's not easy.
Generally matches would be in a better place if they redesigned the mercy rule to go into effect when there's a big enough lead, right now it only happens when enough people leave and there aren't enough people back filling. Which I do feel like part of the mercy rule should prevent backfills but that's sort of a different topic.
People do disconnect or have something else come up. So sometimes its needed. 

Regardless an actual mercy rule for unfair matches needs to come. 
Often times the match is unbalanced before it even starts by support roles not accepting queue or bowing out early. 
Let alone if a premade group declines a pop when the premade they were facing did not, this leaves a power vacuum to be filled with probably solo players.
Not fair, not fun.

Edited by Beyrahl