Favorite and Least Favorite Class and Why

Pathera

I am just curious about what classes you like best (and least) and why that might be the case. I am limiting this to the main storyline for each class. I like some of the romance options that we get in the later expansions (Arcann, Theron, Lana, Lord Scourge etc), but I am not asking about them in this thread. You will notice that I put that there are no really good options for a some of the romances; this is because I, personally, did not find any of the options in the main storyline to be good options. Other people have different opinions and that is fine. I will say that for the main storylines, I found that the females characters had worse romance options than the males characters overall. Keep in mind, this is only my opinion and I am asking for yours. Please keep any disagreements polite. I will start. (Just an FYI, I play all my characters mostly to completely light side. I have tried to play straight dark side and I just can't do it.)

Favorite Class Overall: Imperial Agent - In my opinion, this class has the best story hands down and I like the combat as well. I also find the character interesting. Best Companion: Vector Hyliss. Worst Companion: Kaliyo

Best Romance: Vector Hyliss for females. Raina Temple for males

Second favorite - Sith Inquisitor - Good story, interesting character, lots of lore, and some of the best humor as well. The Sith Sorceror has some of the best force powers in the game.

Best Companion: Ashara Zavros.

Worst Companion: Xalek

Best Romance: Ashara Zavros for males. No good options for females

Third favorite - Sith Warrior - Interesting character and a good classic betrayal and revenge storyline. I love sassing Darth Baras. Fights can get a bit tedious, but not bed overall.

Best Companion: Vette.

Worst Companion: Broonmark

Best Romance: Vette for males. No good options for females.

Fourth is a tie between the Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular - The stories, characters and combat are solid, but not quite as well done as the Sith Warrior or Sith Inquisitor Storylines.

JK Best Companion: Lord Scourge.

JK Worst Companion: Sargant Rusk.

JC Best Companion: Nadia Grell.

JC Worst Companion: Zenith

JK Best Romance: Kira Carsen for males. No good options for females.

JC Best Romance: Nadia Grell for males. No good options for females.

Fifth is a tie between the Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter. Decent characters and combat, but the storylines are nothing special. The storylines are okay, entertaining, but not as good as some of the others.

Smuggler Best Companion: Risha.

Smuggler Worst Companion: Guss Tuno.

BH Best Companion: Torian Cadera.

BH Worst Companion: Skadge

Smuggler Best Romance: Risha for males. No good options for females.

BH Best Romance: Mako for males. Torian for females

Last Place - Trooper - I am in chapter three of the story for this class and I am struggling to finish because, the storyline bores me and I don't find the character compelling. I will finish just so I can say that I have finished all the classes, but I doubt I will play it again.

Best Companion: Elara Dorne

Worst Companion: Tanno Vik

Best Romance: Elara Dorne for males. Aric Jorgan for females.

Please Share your opinions!

I mostly play LS / neutral, as i find DS often comes out as stupid.

As for the romances, i'm the other way around, i think that despite having more choices, most of the female LI with male PC romances are not that good.

Favourite class :

Jedi Knight : what can i say, i like being the brave hero saving the Galaxy. mostly LS, will occasionally pick the DS choice if that's the most pragmatic choice, i like playing mine as snarky and sometimes sarcastic, tries to be a perfect Jedi, but is not very good at it.

Best companion : i'd say Scourge, but i also like Kira and T7.

For some odd reason i also kinda appreciate Doc, well when he doesn't give me the urge to feed him to Collicoids

Worst companion : Rusk, never understood what he was doing on my ship

Best romance : can't really comment on that, not Doc, but never did the Kira one as i always play mine as female (my main and her army of clones) who ends up with Theron, and i'm not a big fan of the master/apprentice kind of relationship which already rules out 4 female LIs to male PCs romances to me.

Second favourite :

Sith Warrior :i like that you have a real impact on how one of your companions turns out, i like that if you play mostly LS or neutral, people underestimate you thinking you're a braindead brute, while you're actually smarter than they give you credit for. Good old fashioned betrayal and revenge plot, that can be quite satisfying at times.

Best companion : Quinn, smart and complex, faced with an impossible choice, adds some drama to the story

Worst companion : tie between Broonmark and DS Jaesa

Best romance : Quinn, wish he was available to male SW as well

Worst romance : DS Jaesa, she's just way too crazy and bloodthirsty to my own taste

Third favourite :

Bounty Hunter : i like being able to be a Mandalorian, story is not necessarily the best but i always enjoy replaying it, and i love the Torian romance

Best companion : Torian

Worst companion : Skadge

Best romance : Torian, i like that he's quite mature in the romance despite his young age and he seems to really care about the fem BH, more than Mako with the male BH.

Fourth

Imperial Agent : Classic spy stuff, i like that there are different endings, thought the "becoming a ghost" one is really underwhelming as you're supposed to disappear, but Marr knows exactly where you are when he needs you. Option to become a double agent is nice though.

Best companion : Vector

Worst companion : well i don't like Kaliyo and SCORPIO

Best romance : Vector, smart, sweet and caring, he's perfect for a fem IA, especially considering what happens during the class story.

Fifth

Sith Inquisitor : i like the character, the from slave to Dark Council member, but not too fond of the overall story itself.

Best companion : Khem for his loyalty and Talos for his excited and dynamic personnality

Worst companion : Ashara, i just find her profoundly irritating as at one point she'll like you and think you're the best person in the universe and 5 secs later, she'll think you're a monster and the worst person she's ever met, never knows what she wants, and i think her romance absolutely sucks, too bad she's the only option for a male SI. And her return is the worst of all, made me dislike her even more than i already did.

Best romance : well, not that i particularly like any of the choices, but at least Andronikos doesn't constantly gets on my nerves and doesn't give me the urge to throw him in a volcano.

Sixth

Trooper: story is not that great but i at least enjoy both romances.

Best companion : Aric, but i like Elara and 4X too

Best romance : Aric, simply one of the best romances in the game and by far the best reunion during KOTFE, i like how he goes from cold, grumpy and slightly irritating when you don't know him to very caring and romantic once in a romance.

Elara isn't too bad either, but i just like Jorgan more.

And last the 2 remaining classes.

Smuggler : i really like the personnality of our PC, but the story is really not that great to me, and i'm not overly attached to the crew.

Best companion : Risha who's smart and can handle herself pretty well, but i also like Akaavi who kicks butts and is the only female comp to use anything else than BT1&2.

Worst companion : Guss, i don't dislike him, but i can't say i really like him either.

Best romance : hm, haven't really done the romances besides Corso, and i'd clearly not say i consider him a good romance. From what i've seen Risha and Akaavi seem like rather nice options.

Jedi Consular : The character is someone who would probably be interesting to be around as they're nice and knowledgeable, but they'd probably be a tad bit boring. The story itself is interesting on a lore perspective, but i find it rather boring to play, though i like the fighting style of the Shadow.

As for the companions, i can't really say i dislike any of them, but i can't really say i like any of them either.

And on the romance aspect, i'm not overly fond of the Iresso romance, as i find him rather bland but at the very least he seems like someone who acts as a normal person and is quite sweet and respectful to his lover.

Nadia on the other hand, that romance is disturbing and creepy on various levels. If you romance her after her father passed you look like someone who takes advantage of her when she's vulnerable while you have a position of influence over her. If you try to be nice to her you end up locked in a romance you didn't necessarily want to be in.

Edited by Goreshaga

• 2 weeks later...
I mostly play LS / neutral, as i find DS often comes out as stupid.

As for the romances, i'm the other way around, i think that despite having more choices, most of the female LI with male PC romances are not that good.

Favourite class :

Jedi Knight : what can i say, i like being the brave hero saving the Galaxy. mostly LS, will occasionally pick the DS choice if that's the most pragmatic choice, i like playing mine as snarky and sometimes sarcastic, tries to be a perfect Jedi, but is not very good at it.

Best companion : i'd say Scourge, but i also like Kira and T7.

For some odd reason i also kinda appreciate Doc, well when he doesn't give me the urge to feed him to Collicoids

Worst companion : Rusk, never understood what he was doing on my ship

Best romance : can't really comment on that, not Doc, but never did the Kira one as i always play mine as female (my main and her army of clones) who ends up with Theron, and i'm not a big fan of the master/apprentice kind of relationship which already rules out 4 female LIs to male PCs romances to me.

Second favourite :

Sith Warrior :i like that you have a real impact on how one of your companions turns out, i like that if you play mostly LS or neutral, people underestimate you thinking you're a braindead brute, while you're actually smarter than they give you credit for. Good old fashioned betrayal and revenge plot, that can be quite satisfying at times.

Best companion : Quinn, smart and complex, faced with an impossible choice, adds some drama to the story

Worst companion : tie between Broonmark and DS Jaesa

Best romance : Quinn, wish he was available to male SW as well

Worst romance : DS Jaesa, she's just way too crazy and bloodthirsty to my own taste

Third favourite :

Bounty Hunter : i like being able to be a Mandalorian, story is not necessarily the best but i always enjoy replaying it, and i love the Torian romance

Best companion : Torian

Worst companion : Skadge

Best romance : Torian, i like that he's quite mature in the romance despite his young age and he seems to really care about the fem BH, more than Mako with the male BH.

Fourth

Imperial Agent : Classic spy stuff, i like that there are different endings, thought the "becoming a ghost" one is really underwhelming as you're supposed to disappear, but Marr knows exactly where you are when he needs you. Option to become a double agent is nice though.

Best companion : Vector

Worst companion : well i don't like Kaliyo and SCORPIO

Best romance : Vector, smart, sweet and caring, he's perfect for a fem IA, especially considering what happens during the class story.

Fifth

Sith Inquisitor : i like the character, the from slave to Dark Council member, but not too fond of the overall story itself.

Best companion : Khem for his loyalty and Talos for his excited and dynamic personnality

Worst companion : Ashara, i just find her profoundly irritating as at one point she'll like you and think you're the best person in the universe and 5 secs later, she'll think you're a monster and the worst person she's ever met, never knows what she wants, and i think her romance absolutely sucks, too bad she's the only option for a male SI. And her return is the worst of all, made me dislike her even more than i already did.

Best romance : well, not that i particularly like any of the choices, but at least Andronikos doesn't constantly gets on my nerves and doesn't give me the urge to throw him in a volcano.

Sixth

Trooper: story is not that great but i at least enjoy both romances.

Best companion : Aric, but i like Elara and 4X too

Best romance : Aric, simply one of the best romances in the game and by far the best reunion during KOTFE, i like how he goes from cold, grumpy and slightly irritating when you don't know him to very caring and romantic once in a romance.

Elara isn't too bad either, but i just like Jorgan more.

And last the 2 remaining classes.

Smuggler : i really like the personnality of our PC, but the story is really not that great to me, and i'm not overly attached to the crew.

Best companion : Risha who's smart and can handle herself pretty well, but i also like Akaavi who kicks butts and is the only female comp to use anything else than BT1&2.

Worst companion : Guss, i don't dislike him, but i can't say i really like him either.

Best romance : hm, haven't really done the romances besides Corso, and i'd clearly not say i consider him a good romance. From what i've seen Risha and Akaavi seem like rather nice options.

Jedi Consular : The character is someone who would probably be interesting to be around as they're nice and knowledgeable, but they'd probably be a tad bit boring. The story itself is interesting on a lore perspective, but i find it rather boring to play, though i like the fighting style of the Shadow.

As for the companions, i can't really say i dislike any of them, but i can't really say i like any of them either.

And on the romance aspect, i'm not overly fond of the Iresso romance, as i find him rather bland but at the very least he seems like someone who acts as a normal person and is quite sweet and respectful to his lover.

Nadia on the other hand, that romance is disturbing and creepy on various levels. If you romance her after her father passed you look like someone who takes advantage of her when she's vulnerable while you have a position of influence over her. If you try to be nice to her you end up locked in a romance you didn't necessarily want to be in.

I also tend to play LS and occasionally neutral. I tried to play straight up DS and failed. I just can't do it.

Favorite class overall- Sith Inquisitor: Personally, I love this class because of the story line, which includes the fact that you get to become a member of the Dark Council; the double bladed lightsaber is also a plus since it reminds me a lot of Darth Maul and Darth Vindican, so getting to be like them is really cool to me.

Second favorite class - Sith Warrior: I honestly enjoy this class, mostly because I get to create a character that I’ll be able to base off of Darth Malgus and Darth Vader since it’s a Warrior class, and the Tikal Hord armor set, as well as some other sets really fit well with this class. Above all else, I like this class because of the fact that it is a Sith Class, and I like everything to be Dark Side, always.

I don’t really have any other favorite classes or anything, but it’s safe to say that as long as it’s on the “Imperial” side, I would most definitely enjoy it :), I’m not really a big fan of the Republic/Light Side.

Best JK comp: T7-01

Best Republic Storyline: JK

Best Imp Storyline: BH tied with Sith Warrior

Inquisitor story would make the list of best stories if your ancestor didnt have to save you literally 3 times. once is fine.

Edited by DaZeeZee

Best JK comp: T7-01

Best Republic Storyline: JK

Best Imp Storyline: BH tied with Sith Warrior

Inquisitor story would make the list of best stories if your ancestor didnt have to save you literally 3 times. once is fine.

I do like the Sith Warrior storyline and, in spite of the fact that the SI storyline has your ancestor saving you three times, I like the SI story. I just assume that the SI is really inexperienced.

• 11 months later...

Gotta say, with every new class story I play, each gets more progressively boring than my first SW storyline. Maybe it's because the first one is the one you most fondly remember, but I doubt it.

Note that I haven't played SIN, Smuggler and IA yet.

Favorite Class Story so far: SW, hands down (though IA might replace this in the future). It's the one that I remember the most because of all the backstabbings and betrayals and becoming this high-ranking Wrath with all the power and none of the Jedi stiffness (you still get high ranks as Jedi, but you're not supposed to abuse the power).

Playing the LS Warrior was also fun. The Oasis mission made this class storyline more unique than the rest, because so far, none of the classes have a quest that directly ask you if you want to switch alignment (DS or LS). The Jedi Knight has something like that when you're captured by the Imps, but the alignment-switch is still more of a headcanon thing, something you imagine, rather than something that's a literal part of the story (where you imagine that the JK falls to the DS while under the Emperor's influence).

2nd: Jedi Consular. Surprisingly, I found this far less boring than every other class story save SW. Its use of diplomatic relations was so interesting as I got to play the politician. The only regret I had was playing this DS. I might create another one in the future leaning LS.

3rd: Trooper. Yes, Trooper. The class story was so boring, I agree, but playing the Commander Shepard of the Havoc Squad was so much fun, with Jen Hale's voice acting and you going "Havoc Squad, reporting for duty!" during every planetary mission. Makes doing those boring planet missions and heroics more interesting. Plus, you get an epic Mass Effect style mission on Corellia where you get to gather all the forces you've gathered so far and fight the final epic battle together.

4th: Jedi Knight. I haven't finished this technically (on Corellia now), but man, this was a snooze. When people said "This is the traditional hero's journey like Luke Skywalker," I guess I should've taken that as a warning sign because I don't like traditional or cliched. All my classes so far, I try to bend them in a way that they go against the conventional, the LS SW, the DS Consular, the honorless Mandalorian, the rude and sarcastic JK (except Trooper, because Femshep is awesome enough she doesn't need to compromise). So to get this boring-*** hero's journey, no thanks. I got bored midway, somewhere around Hoth or Voss, and went DS. Had to farm a lot of DS points through Diplomacy crew skill to get my face to match my morality, but it was worth it.

Also, going full DS on that stupid Voss mystic was hilarious. "Always first time for everything." lmao Totally worth it. Kira was horrified by my actions. Oh, love her reaction.

5th: BH. Ugh, so forgettable. I could barely remember what the class story was about. Something betrayal, something Darth trying to strangle you, something Skadge. This is probably the result of me playing this class story in the wrong way. I played a full DS psychopath only killing for the pleasure of it, when this class was probably meant for LS BHs with honor or some boring **** like that. Oh well.

Here's hoping the next few classes will get better. SIN looks promising, with the force ghosts and stuff; Smuggler's just looking to get laid, which is fun; then there's the epic and legendary IA. After watching Black Widow, I really, really want to play a female IA named Natasha, probably LS, because it's just so cool to imagine a redeemed IA going from DS to LS like Nat. lol But Kaliyo romance option, and I've been looking forward to sexing her since KotFE, so. Oh well. Next time, baby.

Edited by OriusPrime