The importance of uniqueness and diversity of different specs is being ignored

omaan

After testing sorcerer on pts i noticed that choices in ability tree for both madness and lightning for lvls 50-80 are absolutely the same. Force barrier, imersion, 3% DR, backlash etc. Lvl 20 choices are also absolutely the same (cloud mind, finish them etc). At lvl 35 two of three choices are the same for both madness and lightning....

Once again, in a game where we didn't had any new classes/specs since game release it is highly important that all existing specs/classes/advanced classes are being unique, different and distinguished so the game could maintain interest in playing DIFFERENT specs/classes. And when players see that lightning and madness have many things the same and less different than it should be it results in less interest and multeity while playing swtor....

They aren't really being ignored imo when you consider that all the base discipline passives that we currently have on live are on the PTS. This new ABC system is replacing utilities and those were completely discipline independent. Thus we are seeing an increased level of uniqueness between specs. Furthermore, Guardian and Juggernaut are gaining completely new effects for combat focus for each discipline, laze target has new effects for each sniper discipline etc.

On live, I take the exact same 9 utilities for every one of the 3 sorcerer specs to the point where I can respec in under 10 seconds due to muscle memory knowing exactly which utilities to take. On the PTS, yes the level 50-80 choices are the same, just as utilities, but there are at least 3 tiers with completely different choices for each discipline. Even at that low number, we are trading a higher number of generic choices for a mix of generic and discipline specific passives in the new system.

The current issue I have with the specs is that the first 2 discipline unique abilities have 3 passive morphs associated with them, but the last 2 have none - leaving us with a clear 10 level gap where there should be something. This is even more noticeable between shared specs such as madness and hatred where one class receives ability tree choices for creeping terror while the other does not.

They aren't really being ignored imo when you consider that all the base discipline passives that we currently have on live are on the PTS. This new ABC system is replacing utilities and those were completely discipline independent. Thus we are seeing an increased level of uniqueness between specs. Furthermore, Guardian and Juggernaut are gaining completely new effects for combat focus for each discipline, laze target has new effects for each sniper discipline etc.

On live, I take the exact same 9 utilities for every one of the 3 sorcerer specs to the point where I can respec in under 10 seconds due to muscle memory knowing exactly which utilities to take. On the PTS, yes the level 50-80 choices are the same, just as utilities, but there are at least 3 tiers with completely different choices for each discipline. Even at that low number, we are trading a higher number of generic choices for a mix of generic and discipline specific passives in the new system.

The current issue I have with the specs is that the first 2 discipline unique abilities have 3 passive morphs associated with them, but the last 2 have none - leaving us with a clear 10 level gap where there should be something. This is even more noticeable between shared specs such as madness and hatred where one class receives ability tree choices for creeping terror while the other does not.

I pointed out that we didn't had any new classes/specs since release not without a reason. People played all classes/specs in swtor dozens on times, and they really want something new or AT LEAST absolutely different existing specs/classes. Yeah, you are correct that now because of same Utilities many specs are simmilar indeed. Yet it doesn't mean that devs can continue to do same mistake and make them simmilar. having 10-11 absolutely the same choices for both lightning and madness sorcs is way too much for a game which haven't seen any new advanced classes since release and where players played all existing specs all over again for 10 years straight.

Being lazy while creating different skills in skill trees for 7.0. will have its negative effect because players expect to see absolutely different choices for ALL EXISTINg classes. i would agree if there were 2-4 same choices for both lightning and madness specs but 10 is way too much