Why do you make all of the classes way too simple with 7.0?

Faltun

Hey!

Im analyzing the pts since its open for 7.0 changes. I really dont understand how it ll work out. I mean there are classes that dont even lose abilities and there are classes like sniper which minimum lose 6 abilities... I ve played every content of swtor (it was a srsly great game til 3.0) and i know its getting easier by every content cuz gaming business going this way and ppl dont want complex games which needs time and energy to master.

I had lot of classes which i loved to pvp with, I used to love madness sorcerer, anni marauder, all the sniper specs, both dps mercenary, operatives healer\dps because in the past these classes needed skill for pvp, by 6.0 they made them much more easier and dumber with each content since 2.0 so i only love and enjoy sniper by 6.0... it feels the only class thats need high skill level to be good in pvp. With 7.0 im sure even sniper gonna be dumb with loosing 6 abilities 4 of them key abilities for skill based gameplay.

I d like to show some example which affect pvp heavily and could make unbalance:

- How jugg dps ll perform in ranked matches against classes that dont lose key abilities. its already in bad shape for ranked

- Operatives already the best 1v1 by far, because it has counter to everything (it has self heals, mobility, cc\stuns, burst, resist). No problem with that it is designed for 1v1 fights, its good for ranked and warzones but not too op. Operatives with 7.0 dont lose any key ability they still have all i wrote above. Like i said its not op now in group combat situations only in 1v1. The only way to kill them though with stuns, many classes lose stun with 7.0. How a sniper going to stand a chance aginst an operative when sniper lose that many abilities, operatives can cleanse roots\ slows, cant flashbang operatives anymore, cant keep them away, and cant escape in anyway.

- How juggernauts fight against mercenaries when juggs lose many abilities and mercenaries dont lose even a key ability. ​How the classes that lose quite many abilities ll keep up with the others?

- Why do you make every classes super easy? Now (6.0) there are easy classes\specs to play like powertech\vanguard and there are hard classes and everything between. Why dont you let ppl chose how they want to play. With 7.0 all the classes seems way too simple and easy to play.

- It feels like you make clones, you make similar abilities and same number of abilities to every class and every class kinda lose class identity.

- Ppl can decide if they want competitive gameplay(ranked, operations, etc) or want to play the sims part of the game (story, decorating strongholds, roleplaying). Ppl who dont wan to invest time and energy shouldnt be able do nim operations or be good in rankeds. Every game need differences between good and bad players the gap is smaller with every content swith the start of 3.0.

Please dont make every class a brainless vanguard. I know hardcore pvpers are not a big part of the game but they wont quit after 1 month subscription and there are many of us out there who love complex classes even if they re weak or not meta... but at least leave one class in the game thats need skill and has a lot of abilities.

Edited by Faltun

I agree, BioWare did not consider pvp when they changed all the classes for 7.0. Some would argue they didn't even consider pve. A lot of classes are forced to choose between key abilities and their threat drop. Because people obviously don't need a threat drop.

But yeah Juggernauts were completely butchered. While operatives and mercs were basically not touched. As an op main with merc as my secondary class right now, I'm in a fantastic spot for 7.0. But that's not the point. Kogass was talking on his stream a while back and he presented a good point. He's a Jugg main. He's mained Jugg for years but for 7.0 he's considering swapping to sorc. But the problem is. He shouldn't have to swap classes. Why are juggs is such a bad position that he has to swap?! Grit Teeth is the only reason juggs are viable in ranked pvp right now. Cooldown reduction on Enraged Defense is huge. The opportunity to have 2 EDs in a single round is the only reason people can still play jugg in ranked. And what Is BioWare doing to Grit Teeth in 7.0? CHANGING IT TO REDUCE THE COOLDOWN OF SABER WARD! *********** SABER WARD! Granted that might be useful if people ran Nimble Master. But wait. THEY'RE ALSO REMOVING NIMBLE! Like what the **** Bio?

And you also presented a good point with operatives. Operatives are king in 1v1s. I'm really bad at op duels rn, but I used to beat pretty much every class in a duel. But...they didn't lose any ability in 7.0. I mean, they lost countermeasures, so....no more root breakers. But they still have 2 rolls. So....who cares if they can't have a 45 second cd break on roots....

It's just horrible. BioWare didn't consider pvp in 7.0 and they just killed so many classes. If people argue that only a select few classes are viable in pvp in 6.0. They're gonna have a field day in 7.0.

Possible answers (just speculation):

BW is aiming towards a console port, so skill pruning helps with 'controller' use. (Even without a console port.)

Given the history of PvP - servers closing, PvP instances being empty, etc - it is possible that PvP is not a significant portion of SWTOR's player base and is therefore of low priority.

• 4 weeks later...