R-4 Anomaly Bosses on PTS

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hello everyone,

We will be opening the PTS up so players can test out three bosses they would encounter in the R-4 Anomaly Operation in both 8p Story and Veteran mode. The rest of the Operation, (other bosses, non boss encounters etc.) are not available yet.

To prepare, we recommend players copy their level 80 characters over from Live. Rating 318 gear for testing Story mode is available in each Fleet in the Supplies section. Rating 330 gear and 286 Augments for testing Veteran mode are available outside the entrance to the operation on a pier outside the Slugfall Cantina on Mek'sha.

To access the bosses, form a 8 player Ops group and head to Mek'sha. The entrance is on a pier outside the Slugfall Cantina, once inside, you can proceed directly to the first boss.

Please note that players will be blocked from traveling to Manaan in this phase of PTS, as we’re currently preparing the Manaan Daily Area for testing but it’s not quite ready yet.

Important note! This phase of PTS includes many fixes we intend on deploying in the next update. This update will be heavily focused on bug fixes and is intended to go out before the patch that contains the R-4 Operation goes live. Some specific callouts are included below to ensure that a number of visual changes address accessibility concerns.

Players will find that the inventory screen UI has been updated. The contrast has been adjusted, with the opacity being reduced to 20%. We would like player feedback to ensure that the adjustments are no longer causing eye strain/migraines.

Important note about the mod nodes in equipment icons. The reports regarding trypophobia have been noted, and the team will be making adjustments to this part of the UI to no longer cause phobic reactions. An initial adjustment was made and we would like players to let us know if they are still affected by the design of the nodes.

Last specific call out is the fight with Darth Malgus. Since the issue with this fight has been initially reported, the team has been checking every possibility into why players are experiencing this bug. We have been unable to reproduce the issue on dev servers, however, we have deployed possible solutions for this on the PTS and would like players to test out the Malgus fight to see if the issue is resolved or if it keeps occurring. If the latter, please be very specific in your report of the issue and if possible include video of your report.

As stated above, this round of PTS is focused on three bosses for the Operation. Please refer to this post to read my launch follow up. As indicated there, more details will be shared once everything is finalized.

To provide feedback for the bosses, please post in the following threads.

R-4 Boss: IP-CPT

R-4 Boss: Watchdog

R-4 Boss: Lord Kanoth

Edited by JackieKo

I'll be honest - OPs are not really my thing so I won't be downloading the PTS.

But I am very annoyed that it looks like devs think that adjusting the contrast on the UI is enough to stop it being offensively ugly and bulky..

Is this the offhand way our concerns are going to be addressed?

If you are tired of reading our salty comments on 7.0 I can tell you that I'm tired of banging on about them too, but I do so out of my 10 years of love for the game. I'm finding it hard to come to terms with how there are so many things to complain about in an update that has given us so little.

Jackie,

Respectfully, can you put into writing that BW will actually listen to our feedback this time? If not, why should anyone waste time downloading or testing. We have tested in the past, given feedback and watched as everything we said was ignored.

Also, no offense but I for one do not care much for testing the Operations bosses. Can we just worry about fixing all the other issues first? From BW's track record, releasing additional bosses means additional bugs.

Jackie,

Respectfully, can you put into writing that BW will actually listen to our feedback this time? If not, why should anyone waste time downloading or testing. We have tested in the past, given feedback and watched as everything we said was ignored.

Also, no offense but I for one do not care much for testing the Operations bosses. Can we just worry about fixing all the other issues first? From BW's track record, releasing additional bosses means additional bugs.

Well said.

Jackie,

Seconded

Please just focus on fixing all the known issues and bugs that have been widely reported. They are really ruining this game.

At the moment I see no reason why the playerbase should help test new content given the current state of 7.0.

• Dev Post

Hi all,

Reiterating that many fixes to bugs that were reported are included in this phase of PTS. Please refer to this statement.

"Important note! This phase of PTS includes many fixes we intend on deploying in the next update. This update will be heavily focused on bug fixes and is intended to go out before the patch that contains the R-4 Operation goes live. Some specific callouts are included below to ensure that a number of visual changes address accessibility concerns."

I encourage you check out PTS to not only test the bosses, but also see the fixes that have been applied.

Hi all,

Reiterating that many fixes to bugs that were reported are included in this phase of PTS. Please refer to this statement.

No link to said statement Jackie listing those bugs schedule for resolving for this PTS soon coming update.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

Sorry but I don't see why players should dedicate their time to testing when you ignored the feedback of not just the bigger issues, but the smaller issues (aka the ones that are more realistic for you to change before pushing the update).

The communication team/Lead Developers (More lead devs) really messed up with the last round of PTS and I don't think you will be able to accrue a large group of players to test this content. The only group I see planning on testing are the people targeting server's first/world's first...

Hi all,

"Important note! This phase of PTS includes many fixes we intend on deploying in the next update. This update will be heavily focused on bug fixes and is intended to go out before the patch that contains the R-4 Operation goes live. Some specific callouts are included below to ensure that a number of visual changes address accessibility concerns."

I encourage you check out PTS to not only test the bosses, but also see the fixes that have been applied.

Call me simple minded but you fixed one of the mains bugs I care about. Companion Unify colors is now WORKING also on the PTS! This was my main complaint! You also fixed the UI that hurt my eyes and I can now see my talent choices clearly. This FIXED UI is sooo much better!!!!!!!

Good Job on that. I wish the 7.0 had gone live with the UI how it is on the PTS now. You would have had far less complaints!

Edited by Zergnaut

Sorry but I don't see why players should dedicate their time to testing when you ignored the feedback of not just the bigger issues, but the smaller issues (aka the ones that are more realistic for you to change before pushing the update).

Look their development budget is super small. So I get that. If they want to try to fix things I will aid in that 100% To sit on your high horse sand say things like you did? you might as well quit the game now. Because you are making yourself part of the problem instead of part of the solution

With that said I do 100% understand why you are being so cynical; however you are not helping by doing so you are making matters worse for everyone

Edited by Zergnaut

Look their development budget is super small. So I get that. If they want to try to fix things I will aid in that 100% To sit on your high horse sand say things like you did? you might as well quit the game now. Because you are making yourself part of the problem instead of part of the solution

With that said I do 100% understand why you are being so cynical; however you are not helping by doing so you are making matters worse for everyone

It would have taken someone less than two hours to find most of the bugs in this "expansion" had anyone from BW actually played the game. How much does that cost? Let's say $50 per hour, so $100. I would have gladly paid that. In fact, BW can reach out and I will happily give them my credit card.

If us being cynical of BW helps them to improve our beloved pastime, then we are indeed helping.

So, customers are now the problem, and un subbing is the solution. I disagree, even though I have already un subbed myself. I did not do so to help fix the game though. I did it to because of how fed up I am with the travesty that this game has become since the launch of 7.0.

Also, complaints about how bad things are aren't making things worse. They are just pointing out how bad things are. Call it being cynical if you want, but it is the truth.

Hi all,

Can we get PTS patch notes?

Hello everyone,

Last specific call out is the fight with Darth Malgus. Since the issue with this fight has been initially reported, the team has been checking every possibility into why players are experiencing this bug. We have been unable to reproduce the issue on dev servers, however, we have deployed possible solutions for this on the PTS and would like players to test out the Malgus fight to see if the issue is resolved or if it keeps occurring. If the latter, please be very specific in your report of the issue and if possible include video of your report.

Then play on the live servers.

We are not here to do your team's job. we are your customers, not your focus group.

Your team has not listened to pts feedback over several months. stop playing devils advocate. you should be ashamed. 10 year anniversary of swtor.... and this is what you present.

Take ownership. be better.

Edited by Clonelimit

Just like the people said, We went to the PTS countless times before and even now for 7.0 and there were pages of feedback about what is wrong, yet nothing was changed. We tested 7.0 weeks before the initial launch date, then you postponed the launch, yet on launch it was the same status as on the PTS from 3 months ago.

How do we know that if we test something now and provide feedback, that you will actually implement this?

Unable to reproduce the issue?!?!?

Tell that to my Assassin that took over 50 attempts to get past that nightmare. Tell that to the rest of my Imp chars that after 20 or so attempts each finally got it by hugging the franken wall and letting my companion and Lana beat him. Tell that to my Sentinel, my only Pub character that hand problems, that again took anywhere from 20-30 attempts.

Unable to reproduce the issue?!?!?!

Here's an idea, how about playing on a Live server?

I don't know how to record the game but I'm sure they're are hundreds of players out there that can show you exactly what happens.

Edit: Ok, you did what we all wanted and I got snarky with you. I'm sorry. Thank you for communicating with us finally on what is being done and what help you need. I do hope you get this fixed and again sorry for being so harsh.

Edited by Banthabreeder

As someone said before, you are testing on dev servers. We are playing on live servers. This is a huge problem and why there is so much separation between the players and the devs.

To prepare, we recommend players copy their level 80 characters over from Live. Rating 318 gear for testing Story mode is available in each Fleet in the Supplies section. Rating 330 gear and 286 Augments for testing Veteran mode are available outside the entrance to the operation on a pier outside the Slugfall Cantina on Mek'sha.

I uninstalled the PTS and my subscription ends today - so I'm not going to bother testing more 7.0 things, but one thing here seems strange to me.

Why is testing being done using 330 rated gear when gearing for everything apart from mastery mode operations cap out at 326? You can't even get 330 gear from veteran ops so why should testing for this be done using gear intended for nightmare modes?

If the operation feels fair or just right when using 330 gear, it's going to be harder for the actual intended audience - those with 320-326 gear who may not even have augs yet because of the whole augs breaking if you don't remove them before upgrading thing.

If players with 330 gear and augs are the intended audience for veteran content...why doesn't solo and veteran mode content grant gear up to 330 rating?

nobody cares about elitist raiders that are 1% of the player base they don't deserve anything :mad::mad::mad:

add solo mode to operations already :mad::mad::mad:

put vendors with 330 gear for 1 credit on live server as well it's impossible to get it there because master mode operations are too hard! :mad::mad::mad:

add more story content that's what we pay for :mad::mad::mad: