Daily RESET YEETS your missions out of your mission log? Why?

pyrietboletje

So I was watching PottyPotter on Twitch and seeing the daily reset happen kinda made me re-think of how this actually should be handelled.

Instead of having the missions YEETED from your mission log, isn't there a way where it just resets the score?

This is the clip of his twitch stream where it happened and their reactions, and honestly: I feel for them.

How much it sucks being on a mission and running to get it finished.. only to have it deleted and having to travel back just to pick up the mission.

https://clips.twitch.tv/InexpensiveSmellyGnatPRChase-dLQ0FLdX8sx5tYaH

Yes the fact that the mission gets abandoned instead of reset is extremely annoying.

Traveling half the map back just to pick the quest back up again and then travel back to the quest area seems such a waste of time.

I usually like to pick up all quests in a hub because I don't want to miss some, but because they get abandoned without so much of a message now i can no longer be sure that all quests remain in the quest log once I log out.

I really hope that this gets changed to reset (still bad enough if that happens shortly before you finish the quest) instead of abandon.

I would see this as an actual problem mostly for Australian(1) players, where daily reset (noon GMT) is in the mid-late evening. For North American players, it's going to be in the wee-ish hours of the morning (7am or 8am on the east coast, 4am or 5am on the west coast, 2am(2) in Hawaii, etc.), while for most Europeans, it will be around lunchtime or the early afternoon. (Noon or 1pm in UK/Portugal, 1pm/2pm in CET areas, 2pm/3pm in e.g. Greece.)

But yes, it does seem over-done as a mechanism. I suppose it could be a more serious problem for a series of missions, where you'd have to go back and do the first parts of the sequence before redoing the interrupted mission.

(1) And other parts of the world with similar time zones. Apologies if you actually *are* in one of those areas.

(2) Hawaii is one of the few states in the US that doesn't use Daylight Savings Time.

They introduced it for no good reason. At least they reduced the amount of pvp wins required to 4, even though it really should just be games played...

Operatives afking in stealth while watching youtube approve of changing it to games played.

By far one of the most nonsensical decisions to make in effort artificially increase/manage player engagement I've seen yet. Rather than requesting that it simply remains at a reset instead of abandonment, I still stand by the point that this should not be a thing at all. Its not like they're adding anything worth offsetting this crap, why go the extra mile to piss off the playerbase with such a senseless change?

The reaction in the OP is from a group that actually took it upon themselves to even participate in the testing, which a smaller, more devoted or curious minority will do. Imagine when it hits live. Just drop this crap.

Yup I wish they change it but knowing how THEY operate, this will come to live and MAYBE change in future once too many people complain about it.

For someone who is an Asian and works 9hr/day, this change will dramatically reduce my playtime rather then increase it like what BW thought.

• 1 month later...
This really hurts casual players who don't have a lot of time to play. I could make gradual progress on weeklies over time but now I won't have a chance. Very disappointing change for players like me.

Yeah this just happened to me, found sometime today to just try and relax and do some heroics. So annoying, then I go back to pick the missions back up again and the quick travel had 60 min timer on it. So I just gave up and closed the game. Just another reason to hate this new "expansion" can't even relax and do heroics anymore.

• 1 month later...
bump for resetting the missions instead of abandoning.

I usually take all the missions at one place in fear of missing out, but next time I play I'm not sure which ones I have done and which ones I didn't do.

Please change.

This 1,000x changes like this are why I have stopped playing and have gone back to play Mass Effect Andromeda of all things.

• 4 weeks later...

Also, parts of the weekly planetary bonus series are still tied to the daily reset timer. And if you, Force forbid, would log off in the middle of such quest and come back later after the daily reset, more often than not you are also forced to do the previous quests in the chain first before you can continue.

/slowclap