Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you support a Mac OS X client in Star Wars the Old Republic?

Kourage
03.09.2012 , 08:22 PM | #411
No I do not support it.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Concession
03.09.2012 , 11:18 PM | #412
Please don't waste precious resources on a Mac client telll those Mac lovers that they should of thought about their system before going to a crappy PC alternative.

Let them learn a lesson about short cuts.

If you give in to these Mac lovers
ur screwing the PC gamer as those said resources could be used to increase the game for the current players who are pleading for more from BW.
I Support: SCPS, Sandbox, Community, Elitest Jurks, MMOers.
I HATE: Kotor fanbois, Single player gamers, Carebears, and kids.
CE VIP

Lasani
03.09.2012 , 11:23 PM | #413
Quote: Originally Posted by Concession View Post
Please don't waste precious resources on a Mac client telll those Mac lovers that they should of thought about their system before going to a crappy PC alternative.

Let them learn a lesson about short cuts.

If you give in to these Mac lovers
ur screwing the PC gamer as those said resources could be used to increase the game for the current players who are pleading for more from BW.
You're too selfish , lol

and what makes you think that by giving Mac support it will screw with PC gamers ?

Concession
03.09.2012 , 11:30 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasani View Post
You're too selfish , lol

and what makes you think that by giving Mac support it will screw with PC gamers ?
Guess you didn't read it so i'll copy and paste it:

I Support: SCPS, Sandbox, Community, Elitest Jurks, MMOers.
I HATE: Kotor fanbois, Single player gamers, Carebears, and kids.
CE VIP

Kaskali
03.10.2012 , 12:38 AM | #415
This saddens me.

Fully 100% of the technical problems I have had to negotiate to play this game have been Windows/Bootcamp related (I rarely use my Windows partition except to play SW:TOR).

I would gladly buy another game box for a native Mac client.

Lord_Scythe
03.10.2012 , 12:47 AM | #416
Yes but only after bugs, game optimization and missing MMO features are added and the game is running smoothly! I would rather have the development team spending the time on that stuff first.

Mac users know that when they purchase a Mac that not all software is going to be available on their machines. Just like Linux users know that most software and drivers are officially unavailable for that platform.
To quote well me "Go be stupid on your own time!"

JansanRuno
03.10.2012 , 12:48 AM | #417
I do not support a Mac OS client.

Vlakrar
03.10.2012 , 01:05 AM | #418
I do not support a Mac client
Ran'ik
55 Lightning Sorc
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)

Onyx
03.10.2012 , 02:40 AM | #419
Quote: Originally Posted by RyZaMa View Post
I've never been able to understand why though? You pay 2x more for the EXACT same hardware, usually worse specs. The only way to jusify it is to actually believe the MAC OS operating system worth that insanely inflated cost. Which it isn't.

Apple seems to be able to convice the near-retarded computer users that Apple is some magical OS that never crashes and never get viruses (why write virsues for an OS no on uses... thats the real reason). Most people with a brain laugh and go buy a real machine.

Being in the IT industry I cannot bring myself to buy an Apple computer, I feel like someone is stealling half my money when I do so.
Your stereotyping doesn't help your credibility. As an IT person, you should understand that from a percentage of the user-pool standpoint, more Mac users are actually more savvy than their Windows counterparts.

There are plenty of reasons why some people choose a Mac over a Windows box or a Windows box in addition to a Mac. It is quite obvious that you have very little clue what you are talking about.

I am also in the IT industry--have been for decades. My platforms of choice are MacOS, UNIX and then Windows, in that order.

Quote: Originally Posted by RyZaMa View Post
By your logic, iPhone and the iPad are trash, because they sell so many of them?

Run for 20 minutes, I dont even understand that comment? The ENTIRE E-commerce world runs on Windows... I am pretty sure if it was a un-useable, unstable, unreliable platform the business world would be unable to funcation. It is amazzing how well the Apple brand brian washes people.
That would be quite untrue. Linux and UNIX have the leg-up in that department lol.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

lexiekaboom
03.10.2012 , 09:58 AM | #420
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
BioWare is a business that is owned by a greedy sumbatch of a business called EA. If they believed there was profit to be made by supporting Mac, they'd support Mac. It's really that simple.
Intel is a business for profit. If they thought the could make money selling hot pockets, they would sell hot pockets. It's really that simple.

(You sounds just as illogical)