Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

SithKoriandr
09.10.2015 , 10:32 PM | #211
That last post made me realize that the threat to the council was made before Nox was on the council. Nox would have giggled at the Wrath
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Jrr_hypernova
09.10.2015 , 11:02 PM | #212
agent well thinking of pazzak strategy head shots them both from the top of a grassy knoll a hundred yards away laughs about sith being greedy violent morons and proceds to use the black codex to found a cerberus style organization and yes lore wise force danger sense is worthless if the shooter isnt thinking about killing the target its how the clones got the drop on the jedi and how revans anti jedi spec ops team did there job. unless the jedi or sith can flowwalk.

Erkkithegreat
07.08.2016 , 03:21 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
My moneys on Darth Imperius
Or Darth Nox as he/she is the dark side version.

cool-dude
07.09.2016 , 12:00 PM | #214
In all fairness, Wrath has fought a foe that could not die by conventional means before, and he just cut off their head with a light-saber. Wrath is smart enough, to where if he fought Nox, would attempt to cut off the man/woman's head. the ghosts can only resurrect Nox if his/her body is in the shape to be resurrected, and the resurrection isn't instant. So, if wrath managed to knock Nox unconscious, he would have ample time to make sure he/she stayed dead.

LordDelectus
07.13.2016 , 01:15 PM | #215
My take is that if a battle in the Council chamber was held, similar to the final battles that each held in their stories, that the battle would be short and determined in only a few seconds.

We have the mastery of the lightsaber opposing the mastery of the force. The wrath needs to close distance to make a killing blow. There is little disputing the Wraith's lightsaber skills as much superior to Nox's.

Nox would likely either unleash a deadly volley of lightning, use telekinesis or force choke to bring down the Wraith. If the Wraith could resist Nox's initial attack, he would win.

It would come down to who really has the stronger connection to the force. In order to survive Nox's distance attack, the Wraith would need a stronger connection to shield himself from the lightning or break the force choke.

My money is on Nox. The infusion of the force ghosts gives him an unnatural edge over the Wraith.

VitalityPrime
07.13.2016 , 01:52 PM | #216
In my opinion, the Sith Inquisitor character is far more powerful than the Sith Warrior character.

Sorry for the less than thrilling and well thought out opinion, haha...but that is how I look at it.
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"

adormitul
07.14.2016 , 12:49 PM | #217
Lets see both masters of the dark side both at the physical prime one a legend with his lightsaber then other one a legend among the force users.
One is a master of lighting attacks the other one at best can do a electric judgment, the other one is a amazing mind tricker the other one can not use mind tricks but is very resistant to them.
So who is stronger well its clear Nox has more advantages but the problem is can they do any good. Well anything Nox uses the Wrath can counter but can Nox counter the Wraths skill with lightsaber.
To give a example The Wrath can become one with the force which basically gives him increased everything. But Nox has ghosts who do the same to possibly a even greater degree. So Nox to defeat the Wrath has to be faster as no mastery of lightsaber forms makes any difference if you opponent is way faster.
So if Nox is way faster he can defeat the Wrath if not well its the other way around.

Codedrago
07.14.2016 , 01:09 PM | #218
Actually, the ending of the Warrior story proves that the Warrior can deflect lightning.
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

MadDutchman
07.14.2016 , 01:34 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Codedrago View Post
Actually, the ending of the Warrior story proves that the Warrior can deflect lightning.
Can deflect Baras' lightning. Baras is clearly of the Warrior archetype, his lightning abilities pale compared to someone like Thanaton, and of course, Nox.

Resisting a force storm? that's something else.
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Codedrago
07.14.2016 , 04:00 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Baras is clearly of the Warrior archetype.
What brings you to that conclusion? Baras seems much more likley to be like Thanaton with his move set, armour and use of lightning (Notice how in the cutscenes almost all of that type of character use lightning instead of force choke)
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?