TZ-27 Annihilator Droid - Belsavis

Death_Mist

Level 41 Jedi Shadow Infil spec (Full level 40 pvp geared). During the class mission "Hostile Population" you have to kill a TZ-27 Annihilator Droid. I am having trouble defeating it. I have tried using both Qyzen(Got him down to half) and Theran(He could keep me around 90%) as well as the other ranged tank.

I am having trouble when the elite decides to do the AOE which can not be interrupted . I am able to run but my companion just sits there and takes it and thus dies.

My question is to those who have actually done this fight if its possible to solo or if there is something i am missing.

Yes, you are missing the button on the companion's toolbar which tells them to stop fighting and run to you. Robot starts AoE, you bolt out of the way and hit that button. Then hit the button again when you engage.

Yes, you are missing the button on the companion's toolbar which tells them to stop fighting and run to you. Robot starts AoE, you bolt out of the way and hit that button. Then hit the button again when you engage.

.facepalm I totally forgot about the passive toggle. thanks!

Edit: It worked flawlessly. ~Now i feel derpy.

Edited by Death_Mist

This boss isn't even a little bit funny. I have a mid-300s Cybertech and Artificer, so my level 41 Kinetic Shadow is very well geared. I solo every lone Champion I run across without a problem. This guy is NOT an elite, he's *worse* than a Champion.

Yea that Elite can cause some issues, but like others said, you just have to "Stance Dance" your companion a bit. I even moved the skill shortcut to a hot key of a skill I would most likely not use too often for that fight.

For future people who may run across this, you can get out of there without much damage to yourself if you pay attention to the pattern the Elite does. Right before he does the AoE attack, he will pull you and your companion in close. After the pull, just switch your companion to passive, and move out of the AO. Don't forget to switch your companion out of Passive mode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I'm not happy with this so-called challenge. Seems pretty pointless to have an enemy that is near impossible to beat. I've tried several times. Went to the next planet, got up to level 45 and am still getting stomped. I consider this a bug. For those that have successfully gotten past this droid, congratulations. For those of you trying to, good luck. Me, I'm going to spend my money on something that is actually fun. Edited by MaxDuros

Yeah, STILL strying to get past that enemy. I mean Vivicar was eaiser to beat! My solution, try and find another player to group with and have them take it down. Edited by Madned
spelling error

My question is to those who have actually done this fight if its possible to solo or if there is something i am missing.

I dont really remember about this particular fight, but have you tried to use your «Heroic Moment» ability bychance?

I dont really remember about this particular fight, but have you tried to use your «Heroic Moment» ability bychance?

Yes, It helped me last about 30 seconds more than I would have had without it.

• 1 month later...

My gawd, these forums are indispensable sometimes. I thought I my problem was sleep deprivation and I wasn't interrupting quick enough.

Personally I find these harder bosses / mobs that are thrown in (like Atiss Station) to be a real mental challenge and some thing that makes you stop and think. Albeit I have often wanted to throw something rather largeish at the screen in pure rage / frustration. I just wish you could have a moddable necklace where you could take 'trinkets' from these type of elites and wear them with pride.

As for this one I can hardly wait to get back now and slay this beastie.

Hmm, how bout it Dev's? - Moddable necklace, slots can only be filled with 'trophy's from special elites.

I got someone on Belsavis to help me. He was a lvl 58 and I was lvl 45. Both our companions were killed, I was killed, and he was knocked down to a sliver of health. My view is that this boss was probably easier pre-1.2 before the sage/sorcerer nerf. They probably didn't take the class story in PVE into account so now we get fights that are nigh impossible to complete on our own (though congrats to those that did).

• 5 months later...
Yea, I also found this to be the toughest boss of the entire consular story, except for the very last one. Swapping the companion to passive for the aoe was the only way I was able to do it. The final one though, I did have to go and get a friend, but that possibly is due to me facing him at 49, since I rushed my class story in order to enjoy being top of the PvP heap for a while.

• 4 months later...
I had a little different solution. I ran away when he grabbed me. :eek: used force speed to get away, healed up some, :D pounded him with all I had. Qyzen didn't last long, :cool: But I finally got him, and my health never got below 1/4. :D

• 7 months later...
I am a Jedi Shadow, level 42.

I can't beat TZ-27 in no way ! It won 9 times !

What should I do ? Which companion should I use ? Which forces do you suggest ?

I would use your Heroic Moment at the start of the fight, if you're struggling with the boss. Also, every single time it casts Overload, you should interrupt it. If the interrupt doesn't work for some reason, then use Force Wave to push it back, or Force Stun to disable it for 4 seconds. If neither of those work, use Force Speed to get out of the AOE, and like a previous poster said: put your companion on passive for Overload's duration to bring them out of the AOE, too. Barring that, Resilience should work on Overload, and you have that by level 42. Always remember: Resilience is your friend :)

I am a Jedi Shadow, level 42.

I can't beat TZ-27 in no way ! It won 9 times !

What should I do ? Which companion should I use ? Which forces do you suggest ?

Actually this boss is quite easy if you follow the above advice. In terms of its ability to tank damage, it's soft as jelly. It's just able to do enourmous AOE damage. Best to kite it with your ranged abilities (might want to respect to Balance) and you'll be fine.

Just killed this guy with my level 40 Infiltration Shadow. Tharan healing and putting him on passive so he didn't get himself killed during AOEs. Used 1 medpack and the droid went down at the first try. Was pretty close, but got it done :)

Just make sure you use your defensive cooldowns. :)

I would use your Heroic Moment at the start of the fight, if you're struggling with the boss. Also, every single time it casts Overload, you should interrupt it. If the interrupt doesn't work for some reason, then use Force Wave to push it back, or Force Stun to disable it for 4 seconds. If neither of those work, use Force Speed to get out of the AOE, and like a previous poster said: put your companion on passive for Overload's duration to bring them out of the AOE, too. Barring that, Resilience should work on Overload, and you have that by level 42. Always remember: Resilience is your friend :)

Thanks Aelanis but I have a question ;

Exactly Which time must I put on My Companion on passive ?