GTN judging prices for selling

LordGorbachev

Hi everyone! I'm level 35 on my first ever play through and loving every second!

I've now come in to some items from the Cartel market I'm looking to sell. It regards to a selling price is it best to look up the same items already on sale for a ballpark figure?

I have a Jawa Sandcrawler pet and a Vectron Ranger mount

There's no way to tell at what price the item will really sell, especially for slightly unusual items. The best you can do is to search for the item and see what prices people are seeking to sell at. In my experience, those prices are often somewhat ambitious, especially for the more common items (bronze and silver "rarity", although a few of those generate lots of demand, notably the "relaxed"(1) armour sets).

(1) Meaning bare-torso, with additions to hide female ... um ... assets.

There's no way to tell at what price the item will really sell, especially for slightly unusual items. The best you can do is to search for the item and see what prices people are seeking to sell at. In my experience, those prices are often somewhat ambitious, especially for the more common items (bronze and silver "rarity", although a few of those generate lots of demand, notably the "relaxed"(1) armour sets).

(1) Meaning bare-torso, with additions to hide female ... um ... assets.

Thank you for the advice! :D

I've now come in to some items from the Cartel market I'm looking to sell. It regards to a selling price is it best to look up the same items already on sale for a ballpark figure?

I have a Jawa Sandcrawler pet and a Vectron Ranger mount

It depends upon your goal, but in any case, look the items up on the GTN to see what price people are asking.

If you just want to get rid of them to clear inventory, list them at a low price. Either someone will buy it or some scalper will try to re-sell it.

If you want to make 'reasonable' credits, list it for a price that fits within the current 'listings'.

Handy hint: With the items in your inventory, open up the GTN. Hold SHIFT and left click on the item (sandcrawler for example). This will put the name of the item in the GTN search box without you needing to type it.