Rested XP = Double XP

hillerbees

I think this is true - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

If its true - having a big HORRAH! about a week of 2xp is a joke given how long we are without rested xp.

The rested xp builds on all toons while logged off them so in fact you can multiply out the rested xp BROKEN period times the number of < lvl 80 toons you have active to see the loss you are experiencing.

We should be on free 2xp while this bug is ongoing as a workaround.

If its not the case - you can ignore the frustrated post and let me know how the 2 boosts differ.

Thanks.

Jackie please don't close the thread and direct me to another one - just get it fixed and close both of them!

The rested xp builds on all toons while logged off them

This is the incorrect assumption. You do NOT build rested xp while logged of, you build rested xp if you logged onto the character after a server get's restarted AND you have to be in a sanctuary.

From what I remember, rested XP is only double xp for killing enemies. You don't get double xp for missions (including bonus objectives), so it doesn't help much at high levels unless you are grinding flashpoints. (At high levels, the majority of your xp comes from missions and not killing enemies.) Even when it's working, rested XP takes a long time to build up. You can only get 1.5-2 levels worth of rested xp, and it's something like 8 hours of not playing for just 10% of a level of rested xp. That's like 10-15 days of not playing the character to max it out. In other words, it's not much of a benefit unless you are rotating through characters, and even that you have to rotate through a lot of characters (10+) to really take advantage of it. Edited by ThanderSnB

So...here's how it is SUPPOSED to work if it wasn't broken.

When you log off in one of the many areas where you can build rested xp while offline (fleet / cantinas / your personal starship / your stronghold) you then get 2x XP for combat kills. There's a max limit to this, I don't remember exactly what it is...I think 1.5 levels worth (the rested xp "bar" is shown on your normal XP bar).

Currently, you don't build rested XP while offline...only while online. So if you're just hanging out on your SH...crafting, or chatting, or trolling....or whatever....you can build up rested xp.

This is the incorrect assumption. You do NOT build rested xp while logged of, you build rested xp if you logged onto the character after a server get's restarted AND you have to be in a sanctuary.

Where do you get this?

Where do you get this?

Nathema leveling? You get quad xp from the event + rested and since it's the fasted was of leveling by a mile you do see how much rested xp has been build, rested xp do work there because the xp you get is from the clones amd thus increased after leveling. If you want to level the alt of an alt you haven't logged into since 7.0, but it was in a sanctuary it will have no rested xp.

This is how it did work before they broke it:

You stat getting Rested XP when you enter a sanctuary.

If you logg-out in a sanctuary you keep accumulation rested XP (up to a maximum)

ZUHFB is correct with the server-restart issue. This is an undocumented (and unintentional) feature, due to technical limitations:

If they restart the server, character who have not logged in since the restart do not get Rested XP, because the server doesn't "know" if they are in a sanctuary. However you did not loose already accumulated Rested XP.

Historically, being in or out of a Sanctuary made exactly no difference to Rested XP. (The 7.0 patch notes don't mention any changes to it, so I have no reason to believe it has changed recently.)

You gained Rested XP when logged out (if a subscriber), and more Rested XP if you were (logged in or logged out) in a Rest Area == Cantina, Player or Guild Stronghold, class ship, or Guild Ship.

No Rested XP just for being in a Sanctuary. (The Promenade in Nar Shaddaa is a Sanctuary. You gain no special amount of Rested XP for being there.)

No Rested XP just for being in a Sanctuary. (The Promenade in Nar Shaddaa is a Sanctuary. You gain no special amount of Rested XP for being there.)

In greater detail:

A "Sanctuary" is a no-PVP zone. Rest Areas and Sanctuaries often overlap but aren't the same. While on the PVP instance (or on a PVP server back in the day) you can't be ganked when hanging out anywhere on the Promenade, but you only get Rested XP while in the cantina.

Edited by Mubrak

Nathema leveling? You get quad xp from the event + rested and since it's the fasted was of leveling by a mile you do see how much rested xp has been build, rested xp do work there because the xp you get is from the clones amd thus increased after leveling. If you want to level the alt of an alt you haven't logged into since 7.0, but it was in a sanctuary it will have no rested xp.

This I've seen.

I thought it was because of a different reason (other than the server restart issue posted above).

I was talking more in general about rested XP as a whole.

Thanks, Cap'n Obvious! Don't know how anyone would survive without you. :rak_04:

The word "Sanctuary" by itself doesn't indicate what it's a sanctuary *from*. These days, there is probably a substantial fraction of the playerbase who've never played SWTOR before they removed the "PvP server" type and the "Flag me for PvP" thing in non-PvP servers, and have never gone into the PvP instance. Those players won't understand why "Sanctuary" is even a thing. (In PvE instances, it serves exactly no purpose, of course.)

So no, that was not a post by Captain Obvious.

These days, there is probably a substantial fraction of the playerbase who've never played SWTOR before they removed the "PvP server" type and the "Flag me for PvP" thing in non-PvP servers, and have never gone into the PvP instance.

Even if you're new to this particular game they would have played other games with a similar structure and same names for certain concepts. It's not like new players to SWTOR are totally new to games in general. You and Cap'n Obvious come across as patronizing when you seriously claim that players who are new to SWTOR are also new to the concept of sanctuaries in PVP.

So no, that was not a post by Captain Obvious.

Yes, it definitely was.

Thanks for all the replies.

Now thats its been said above, it was the 2xp for kills that I was thinking about.

Wasn't aware that the system didn't build rested xp if you hadn't logged back into a character since the weekly reset , so thats interesting of itself.

Ok, so my initial assumption that Rested and Double XP were the same is not really true but like most of you I'm sure I'd like to have it back working as intended after 10 years of making sure to pop to a cantina or stronghold before logging out.

Thanks again...and thanks Jackie for not locking down the thread!!