StarParse Sees All Players

Gondien

Hey,

Used to raid a lot. StarParse was for people who cared about that stuff. Didn't really matter to me. With the latest release, users can see everyone's DPS. Not just their own. Met more than a few who are a bit vocal about bashing others. Or just condescending.

Just kinda don't wanna raid if I'm gonna be measured by bean counters. I always thought if the boss was dropped, it's a good day. Now, meh.

Anyone else met ppl like this?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Used to raid a lot. StarParse was for people who cared about that stuff. Didn't really matter to me. With the latest release, users can see everyone's DPS. Not just their own. Met more than a few who are a bit vocal about bashing others. Or just condescending.

Just kinda don't wanna raid if I'm gonna be measured by bean counters. I always thought if the boss was dropped, it's a good day. Now, meh.

Well tbh I haven't met any random yet who even remotely did an acceptable amount of damage, but then again who even cares. People who go out of their way to bash others are probably not good themselves.

Hey,

Its not a bad thing at all. If your underperforming instead of crying that you dont want people to see what numbers your pulling. Then learn the play the class and the problem goes away. I don't understand peoples mental now a days. If you suck at something find out why and fix it. If you don't want to do that, accept that you suck and move on.

Edited by TmoneyTime

Hey,

users can see everyone's DPS. Not just their own. Met more than a few who are a bit vocal about bashing others. Or just condescending.

They want you to push for higher numbers

in their mind, if they peer pressure you to raise, practice your DPS, their next PUG will shave time off boss encounters.

If performance doesn't matter it doesn't matter.

If performance DOES MATTER it is invaluable compared to the farce of a guessing game as to what the problem is when the boss isn't dying.

Sometimes you need to replace people. Other times a fight can be rearranged so it can work. Neither option is available if you are failing a fight while blind and ignorant. The best you could do while blind is extremely unfairly remove the lowest geared player while not actually knowing the truth.

Edited by Gyronamics

The last thing we need is a bunch of "leet" [redacteds] ruining the fun for the rest of us.

If you're that concerned about other peoples 'performance' in a PUG, you need to stop pugging.

I can picture it now. You're going along happily in an MM flashpoint. The cat jumps up on your lap and you occasionally give it a scratch. But wait, you've missed a skill, your DPS has gone down, and the 'leet' votes to kick you from the group. 🙄

Remember MM group finder is serious business. You must be on point at all times and forgo all outside influences - pets, spouses, etc - lest you be kicked. 😂

/sarcasm

I can picture it now. You're going along happily in an MM flashpoint. The cat jumps up on your lap and you occasionally give it a scratch. But wait, you've missed a skill, your DPS has gone down, and the 'leet' votes to kick you from the group. 🙄

I can picture it now. You're going along happily in a MM flashpoint. The sharpest dressed member of your group notices your headpiece doesn't match. They are disgusted. They immediately vote to kick you from the group. 🙄

The last thing we need is a bunch of "leet" [redacteds] ruining the fun for the rest of us.

If you're that concerned about other peoples 'performance' in a PUG, you need to stop pugging.

Remember MM group finder is serious business. You must be on point at all times and forgo all outside influences - pets, spouses, etc - lest you be kicked. 😂

/sarcasm

But there's two sides to this.

Scenario 2, you have the "entitled" [redacteds] who thinks it is other players responsibility to carry them through a pug for an achievement/conquest goal/etc.

This person yells at the other players that they aren't good and blames a player of lesser gear rating for any wipes.

But one person looks and discovers that the person doing the yelling has the lowest dps of the group and isn't carrying their own weight.

As I linked the other thread on this topic in my earlier post - I had this exact scenario play out in a pug operation. The said player was blaming a lower rated team member as the reason for a wipe and not meeting the dps needed to keep the boss from enraging. Once this toxic member was out of group and replaced - the remainder of the operation was completed effortlessly.

So again, this feature can be used for good or bad. But at least it gives actual data vs people's feelings - and in many cases provides a more experienced player the ability to see what a less experienced player is doing and be able to offer help/tips to improve (which I have also done as a result of seeing this.)

Ultimately, you can play in any manner you choose, but you are not entitled to other players' time. Entering group content brings about this risk both good and bad. Having actual data to allow people to make decisions I believe is better than people blaming on how they think/feel. Toxic will be toxic regardless - but at least the helpful parts of the community can use this to assist.

Edited by Jamtas

Met more than a few who are a bit vocal about bashing others. Or just condescending.

It takes a special kind of hyper-mistuned reject to bash others over their gaming stats, and raiding always seems to serve as the perfect heatsink for said weirdos for within the gaming ecosystem. Such threads are the occasional reminder I need to never wade into that toxic pit.

Edited by Aghasett

It takes a special kind of hyper-mistuned reject to bash others over their gaming stats, and raiding always seems to serve as the perfect heatsink for said weirdos for within the gaming ecosystem. Such threads are the occasional reminder I need to never wade into that toxic pit.

Wrong takeaway in my opinion. it more means don't wade into this as part of a random pug. Random can be either a good or bad experience. Instead, find other players/guild that do operations and join a team there. Guilds typically provide a better way to learn operations and these raiding groups can also provide a sort of camaraderie and opportunity to meet and get to know other players from across the globe and form friendships.

Edited by Jamtas

I can picture it now. You're going along happily in a MM flashpoint. The sharpest dressed member of your group notices your headpiece doesn't match. They are disgusted. They immediately vote to kick you from the group. 🙄

Valid reason, inexcusable I click yes.

the DPS meters are fine. People need to get used to kicking others who are abusive while taking the responsibility to make sure they have the gear/DPS required for their role.

I am not saying you need 330 gear and 25k DPS for Nefra. I am saying that 327 tanking gear and 7k DPS as a DPS is unacceptable (I had to kick someone last night for this).

This is one of the reasons I liked 6.0 so much. If I did not want to run ops for gear I did not have to. I could do anything to slowly work my way to the BIS gear. Heroics, bonus missions, to only playing solo conquests.

Edited by illgot

Hey,

Actually, IMO these sorts of groups playing with other groups (of whom I will not mention), and without question reflecting the same sort of attitude toward SWTOR "casuals" is exactly why we have what we got in 7.0. IMO what we have now (aside from the disastrous level of bugs) ... is exactly what was intended.

A great deal of the "group" method in SWTOR relies heavily upon random PUG groups. This has subsequently also generated a number of unpleasant side effects.

** Some players that expect to be "taken care of" (since they really didn't want to be there in the first place) ...

** Others that prefer to fall back on a somewhat misleading definition of an MMO (multi player only) ...

** And still others which look at the average player (whether PvE or PvP) with a somewhat distasteful attitude. (In short everyone that doesn't "measure up" is an idiot!)

Welcome to the real world of online gaming!!

It is what it is. It's not going to change.

Being able to see everyone's numbers has been a great thing. You will know if the group can get the job done or not, and if not, where the weak links are. If you're gonna do group content, then you have a responsibility to the rest of the group to be able to perform adequately. If you can't, then the proper thing to do would be to bow out and do what you can to get better and come back when you meet acceptable performance levels.

What those levels are will depend on the rest of the group. Some groups are strong enough they can still get by with someone who underperforms, up to a certain point. With the current scaling, numbers have to be higher than they used to be in order to clear things in general.

I pug a lot myself. I usually parse the first boss and if numbers are not in doubt, i'll turn it off after that, unless i know i'll need to check things later on. Parse is a very valuable tool. However, don't become obsessed by numbers. You need to know how to read them, understand them, and evaluate how they apply to the group as a whole for what you are doing.

I raided at launch until I kept running into people like this. For me, it is not worth the headache. It is a game, and I know what type of gear I need and would refuse to do anything on operations and even master flashpoints if I didn't have the right gear. I was in an story (mind you STORY) when they needed another healer. I asked a friend if she wanted to try and she said yea. She comes and gets in the group and before we even tried to do the blasted operation people were already yelling saying she didn't have the gear they wanted (not what was required but what they wanted). I told them either they stop acting like jerks or they could look for two healers. They didn't believe I would leave. They didn't stop acting like jerks. I told her go on leave and I would be right there and we go do something. I told them never to bother me again to heal for them and I left. After that, I decided if I can't group with my guild and friends, then no thank you.

LoL. Gear is now tied to OPs by resource drop, but yall kickin people who can't hit numbers straight out the gate of L80, no implants, and crap green 320 gear. "This is a good thing" Right.

I never wanted to be "elite". I wanted to play casual. This isn't a job for me and I don't want to listen to people tell me I'm doing 16K and need to be at least 21K when I'm sitting on 321 gear....yeah. Not helping.

Sorry but if I'm in a NM Nef, and someone is pulling 7k dps, well it's not elitisms, that person just needs to get better at their class (and yes I've seen this happen). People enjoyed anonymity so they could get carried and leach off of others. That said out of the hundreds plus op runs I've pugged I've never seen anyone get picked on for bad dps, and there's always bad dps. At worse twice I've seen some get asked to kindly step down because they weren't ready for that op, and that's cause one was under 8k dps, and another was like at 7k HPS. These numbers are so low, I'm not even sure how it's possible to do that. Even if people aren't exactly where they're supposed to be for numbers, if they're at least close (which happens a lot), most of us just let it go and let someone else pick up the slack, because it's faster to do a couple of takes with the people we got, then boot them, find a replacement, and then hope the replacement is better.

That said no this is not a bad thing. It's needed, because just like there are people who afk in GSF and expect a carry for their gear, there are people who join Ops and expect a carry all the same hoping others don't notice their meaningless contributions. Sorry but that doesn't fly with most of us. If it's a guild run, and your guild is willing to carry you, great enjoy. Otherwise for pugs, this is a good step in the right direction. If your dps is being questioned, maybe take a step back, look at some guides, or ask some other players and get better at it. Because most people aren't actually A holes who enjoy picking on others. Most people just want to get in and get out with their gear. Holding up 7 or 15 other players because you don't know what you're doing makes you the a hole, not them.

I had more ppl with bad dps (like rly rly bad) get carried than i had ppl getting flamed for bad dps. Most of the time if anything is said at all ppl say sth. like 2-3 more triees or they leeave/need to find someon new bc 5k/7k/9k dps at nefra aree not acceeptable.

I had more ppl with bad dps (like rly rly bad) get carried than i had ppl getting flamed for bad dps. Most of the time if anything is said at all ppl say sth. like 2-3 more triees or they leeave/need to find someon new bc 5k/7k/9k dps at nefra aree not acceeptable.

I have only kicked one person for low DPS and mainly because they refused to switch off a tank spec where they were drawing too much aggro on Nefra. The person signed up as DPS but was only pulling around 6-7k DPS in 327 tanking gear.

I have kicked out multiple players for harassing others because of their DPS (and the ones harassing people were always pulling less than 20k).

LoL. Gear is now tied to OPs by resource drop, but yall kickin people who can't hit numbers straight out the gate of L80, no implants, and crap green 320 gear. "This is a good thing" Right.

I never wanted to be "elite". I wanted to play casual. This isn't a job for me and I don't want to listen to people tell me I'm doing 16K and need to be at least 21K when I'm sitting on 321 gear....yeah. Not helping.

that's enough for SMs or EV/KP HM, but that's it really. Anything harder and you'd be holding a team back. Not listening to people trying to help you get better won't get you further than that. on the plus side, you can get to 326 from upgrading Columni gear from EV/KP HM.

I'm sorry to hear you still haven't figured out how to gear effectively. Doing OPs in 321... might as well play Elden ring that would help you gear just as much as running OPs.

I'm sorry to hear you still haven't figured out how to gear effectively. Doing OPs in 321... might as well play Elden ring that would help you gear just as much as running OPs.

Just got to level 80. I bought the 320 gear. Still have to do the implant quest for access to the vendor. Done some heroics and was able to up grade a couple pieces. Hence....321, no implants.

You people are talking about kicking people who make 5,7,9K. That's not me. I got ragged out for making 15-17K right after making level 80. That's who you people are.

So now I don't log in that much anymore. I don't PUG that much anymore. Not really interested in playing a game with a bunch of over active accountants who hyper analyze strangers just to tell them they aren't good enough for a EV SM. Maybe some of you elitists could blog out your specs and rotations, because after 7.0 there aren't that many out there.

Sheesh.

What do you want, protection from unhappy interactions with other players?

You get into a pug you can wipe until people quit out of frustration or it can be one shot. You can have people moaning about your outfit or never see anything typed the entire instance. You can GF into a group and get instantly kicked plus given a 15m leaver penalty because you're not the player they wanted.

There is no THEM that despises you. Everyone has their own issues and will kick off about whatever they want and you won't know about it until it happens. Sometimes it can be described as justified, sometimes, less so.

Edited by Gyronamics