Level Sync Update

ChrisSchmidt

I mean... 95% of the content sublevel 80, yet alacrity/accuracy don't scale properly, relics don't work when scaled down, augments and crystals don't work when scaled down...

2.5 months since 7.0 and it's still not fixed. It's a bit insane.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a future update:

• Maintaining Accuracy (and additional stats TBD) thresholds in Level Synced content.

What happened to Alacrity coming along with Accuracy? In your original post you mentioned them side by side:

We intend to update the new system to maintain Accuracy and Alacrity thresholds when scaled up or down in a future update. This would be very similar to how the old system worked for Accuracy and Alacrity specifically.

Did that change?

Chris: I appreciate the update. A little communication goes a long way. I’m sure the team has been working hard on some very complex issues, the extent of which us players will never comprehend. Looking forward to augments and crystals working in level sync again soon. I know that’s just my own little pet issue and there’s way, way, way more going on. We all love Star Wars and are passionate about this game, just as you are. Best wishes and may the force be with you. :cool:

I still don't get why stats go down when upscaling. I'm pretty much into the stories now but I still love some occasional PVP and cannot comprehend why crit, alacrity and accuracy go down. Losing 2.9% of alacrity despite the actual stat number is higher 1509 vs 1590, while accuracy remains almost the same in numbers but actually -3.4% and crit just goes gown. THIS IN NOT AN UPSCALE.

Most likely it’s due to augments and crystals. They are currently disabled in level sync (see Chris’ post above). Any stat points that you would get from augment (Mastery, power, crit, alacrity, accuracy) are 100% removed inside a warzone. That would explain why your stats go down when bolstered. If you remove all your augments and color crystals, your stats will remain the same inside and outside of a WZ. I mostly pvp and am running 326 (with some 306 pieces for tertiary stat optimizing) with no augments or crystals. My stats remain the same when bolstered.

Edited by teclado

"In a future update:

Maintaining Accuracy (and additional stats TBD) thresholds in Level Synced content."

I'm sorry but I really don't understand why this isn't a priority. You have established an end game with gear and stat progression yet the level sync completely negates it. There is no reason to obtain better gear and increase the power of your character because it has zero affect in the majority of the game. Playing daily heroics and areas is tedious because even though on my stat sheet I have 110% accuracy, the second I start doing content I am level synced down below the accuracy threshold and start missing shots. This gets worse if I miss on key abilities that would normally trigger affects on other abilities in the rotation. Alacrity gets absolutely crushed in level synced areas even though I am geared to the 1.4 threshold. Now my rotation playing the game feels clunky and out of sync. The end result is playing these areas is tedious and not fun. I have no problem with creating a challenge on older planets but this just isn't working. Pre 7.0 was fine. This shouldn't be something "being worked on" it should just be reverted to the way it was before the expansion.

I mean... 95% of the content sublevel 80, yet alacrity/accuracy don't scale properly, relics don't work when scaled down, augments and crystals don't work when scaled down...

7.0 was clearly designed with people who mainly play remaining 5% in mind: gear is gated behind this content and they did everything in their power to make level-scaled areas less appealing.

Hello Chris,

let me sum this up for you:

You had a working LevelSync-system in 6.x. For inexplicable reasons you decided to replace it with a new, completely messed up system (as you did with gearing, but that's another topic), that makes characters in synced content WEAKER the higher their actual level is, and has turned the fun, fast-paced and action-packed gameplay form 6.x into a tedious, boring and joyless slog.

After 10 weeks you still haven't been able fixed it, you can't give a release date for a fix, you don't even have a clear idea how to fix it, with key aspects still left "TBD", yet (be it out of stubbornness of false pride) you refuse to go for the obvious solution (don't even acknowledge it as an option) and do a rollback to the working system, sorting this whole mess out in no-time with minimum effort and most importantly without risk of screwing this up even more.

Please answer me one question. I'm not asking about any details or future plans as I already know you won't share. I just want to address the real elephant in the room.

Please Chris, tell me when will this game be fun to play once more?

Are we talking weeks? months? years? 8.0?

Or are you actively trying to drive your subscribers away to let it die, so you can move on to other projects you are more exited about?

Just tell me and I promise you, even in the latter case you will get my full support and I will cancle my sub to get you one step closer to your goal.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Real_Dark_Lord

Hello Chris,

let me sum this up for you:

You had a working LevelSync-system in 6.x. For inexplicable reasons you decided to replace it with a new, completely messed up system (as you did with gearing, but that's another topic), that makes characters in synced content WEAKER the higher their actual level is, and has turned the fun, fast-paced and action-packed gameplay form 6.x into a tedious, boring and joyless slog.

After 10 weeks you still haven't been able fixed it, you can't give a release date for a fix, you don't even have a clear idea how to fix it, with key aspects still left "TBD", yet (be it out of stubbornness of false pride) you refuse to go for the obvious solution (don't even acknowledge it as an option) and do a rollback to the working system, sorting this whole mess out in no-time with minimum effort and most importantly without risk of screwing this up even more.

Please answer me one question. I'm not asking about any details or future plans as I already know you won't share. I just want to address the real elephant in the room.

Or are you actively trying to drive your subscribers away to let it die, so you can move on to other projects you are more exited about?

Just tell me and I promise you, even in the latter case you will get my full support and I will cancle my sub to get you one step closer to your goal.

Thank you for your time.

I would have to agree with 'Real Dark Lord' A roll back to 6.0 level sync until you can fix the current system is the most reasonable thing to do at this point 10 weeks later.

Nobody actually complained and it was working.

BW definition of expansion is quite different then the actually definition. When you 'expand' you don't subtract.

Many of us have been working for 10 years to develop our stats, especially tertiary stats to where we want them. That is hundreds upon hundreds of hours, money, grinding. You did tremendous damage when you just decided to nerf them and introduced a broken system.

Hi folks,

I wanted to follow up on my original post here as I’ve seen lots of confusion around what is and isn’t in the latest patch 7.0.2:

In 7.0.2:

• Companions should no longer miss taunts or heals, and should be performing better overall.
  • Players with gear over 326 in PvP Warzones and Arenas no longer have a stat advantage as their stats are now properly synched to 326.

Working as intended:

• The base Presence stat scales when Level Synced, but no bonus Presence scales. Bonus Presence includes all Presence gained through higher Influence with companions, Legacy Unlocks, and Datacrons. This can be observed in the Details button on the Character Sheet.

In a future update:

• Maintaining Accuracy (and additional stats TBD) thresholds in Level Synced content.
  • Relic bonus stats when activated or triggered on their own applying in Level Synced content.
  • Augments and Color Crystal stats applying properly in Level Synced content.

In my original post, I wrote out specifically what would be in 7.0.2 to set player expectations. When ‘future update’ is mentioned, that means the work is in active development but a specific patch has not been identified for a roll out. When the work is closer to completion and we are ready to deploy that content, it is at that time when we will communicate the patch number.

Outside of those things identified above, you should not expect any major changes to the Level Sync system until we communicate otherwise. Other related aspects, such as individual content difficulty and tuning, we will continue to address with each patch.

Thanks,

-Chris

So Chris, you guys are perfectly fine letting the current broken system continue to go on rather than rolling it back to pre-7.0 level synch until you fix the current level sync issues?

• 2 weeks later...
So Chris, you guys are perfectly fine letting the current broken system continue to go on rather than rolling it back to pre-7.0 level synch until you fix the current level sync issues?

Yep, seems so.

Working as intended.

When should you just give up fighting it?

• 2 weeks later...
This is such BS. I was on PTS and we told you that the level scaling was screwed up, that it wasn't right, there was post after post in pts forums about how level sync was screwed up, and the eternal championship and some other things the scaling was way off. You knew this was an issue before 7.0 released, I literally posted myself about the eternal championship scaling, and while I was there I saw MANY other posts about scaling. How did you just release it as it was when we told you it was messed up back then?

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your time.

This... and I am asking as a Founder... it seems the changes are mostly in order to support the PVP play... you are giving those of us that prefer not to play PVP and BIG middle finger, both in the gearing front and in the normal PvE play

I hope with Chris leaving, they can actually revert the level sync disaster. It was always been a bad idea or, at least, dont apply level sync in PVP instances. The only thing it does is mess up stats and gearing. Always had been a mess, always will be a mess.

I hope with Chris leaving, they can actually revert the level sync disaster. It was always been a bad idea or, at least, dont apply level sync in PVP instances. The only thing it does is mess up stats and gearing. Always had been a mess, always will be a mess.

It's been a mess in whatever content you play.

Literally who cares how much alacrity or crit you have on a planet. Level sync is good - end of discussion. Going around 1 hitting enemies is fun for about 25mins after that 99% of this game is meaningless and the only content where you would have to actually fight is OPs and PvP, but with players not doing it for the not on level content (story and fps) you will have an even harder time in both.

If you disagree, you are wrong.

Literally who cares how much alacrity or crit you have on a planet. Level sync is good - end of discussion. Going around 1 hitting enemies is fun for about 25mins after that 99% of this game is meaningless and the only content where you would have to actually fight is OPs and PvP, but with players not doing it for the not on level content (story and fps) you will have an even harder time in both.

If you disagree, you are wrong.

I care. If you don't mind having tertiary stats on planets, go naked if you want. I want to be geared and I want my gear to make a difference considering how grindy it is to get, and because we have to do heroics and dailies to upgrade gear.

Enemies were not 1 hit kills on 6.0, except maybe on starter planets. Please don't exaggerate to make a point. There are planets where stats matter, and there are fights that require proper stats, such as world bosses. You're saying it's meaning less to kill stuff too fast. Personally I enjoyed having same stats on all planets before 7.0, now I can't be bothered to do heroics on certain planets anymore because it's not fun anymore. Those planets are now so meaningless to me that I won't even enter them anymore.

Why does it matter to you so much if people enjoy playing planetary missions? It doesn't affect YOU in any way, but it makes the rest of us not to want to play that content at all.

As I said, if you want to make it a slog, you can go naked and without a companion. Doing heroics with proper stats doesn't make anyone a better or worse player, or did you perhaps get good by doing heroics? Most people get good by learning a rotation (which you can't really do on heroics, no matter how slowly everything dies and how boring it gets), practising the rotation on a dummy, and running group content with some boss fights.

I care. If you don't mind having tertiary stats on planets, go naked if you want. I want to be geared and I want my gear to make a difference considering how grindy it is to get, and because we have to do heroics and dailies to upgrade gear.

Enemies were not 1 hit kills on 6.0, except maybe on starter planets. Please don't exaggerate to make a point. There are planets where stats matter, and there are fights that require proper stats, such as world bosses. You're saying it's meaning less to kill stuff too fast. Personally I enjoyed having same stats on all planets before 7.0, now I can't be bothered to do heroics on certain planets anymore because it's not fun anymore. Those planets are now so meaningless to me that I won't even enter them anymore.

Why does it matter to you so much if people enjoy playing planetary missions? It doesn't affect YOU in any way, but it makes the rest of us not to want to play that content at all.

As I said, if you want to make it a slog, you can go naked and without a companion. Doing heroics with proper stats doesn't make anyone a better or worse player, or did you perhaps get good by doing heroics? Most people get good by learning a rotation (which you can't really do on heroics, no matter how slowly everything dies and how boring it gets), practising the rotation on a dummy, and running group content with some boss fights.

But they already weren't fun in 6.0! 7.0 just made you realize just how boring they always were, it was never different.

Sure do what you enjoy but don't blame it on scaling that you don't enjoy it anymore! There was just as little reason to do heroics as there is now, but now you do them not once per week but maybe 7 or 8 times and that's why they feel like a slog.

I already do heroics without a companion because I'm too lazy and they are too ugly. It at best 10s it shaves of a planet run (of heroics that make sense doing, not stuff like hoth). It's only the repetitiveness of the gearing grind, not the scaling. You can say that it takes too many aquatics fine, but it's simply not the scaling that made you dislike heroics, or planet missions although cannot comprehend why someone would do them.

But they already weren't fun in 6.0! 7.0 just made you realize just how boring they always were, it was never different.

They were and are boring to you. They are not boring for me and a lot of other players. When 7.0 launched the selection of heroics I'm willing to do got reduced, because some of them are not fun anymore due to capped tertiary stats.

I earned my gear with a lot of grinding, now I want to benefit from it.

They were and are boring to you. They are not boring for me and a lot of other players. When 7.0 launched the selection of heroics I'm willing to do got reduced, because some of them are not fun anymore due to capped tertiary stats.

I earned my gear with a lot of grinding, now I want to benefit from it.

Honestly, it's not a grind it's if you have a low amount of lockouts maybe two weeks for full 330. Maybe two months if you play an hour a day? It's really just not a grind, anyway: I do not believe that losing 10% crit or smth, depending on planet ofc, can stop making content fun. It's impossible.

Honestly, it's not a grind it's if you have a low amount of lockouts maybe two weeks for full 330. Maybe two months if you play an hour a day? It's really just not a grind, anyway: I do not believe that losing 10% crit or smth, depending on planet ofc, can stop making content fun. It's impossible.

And yet here I am saying it's not fun anymore.

I'm full 330 already with all 3 roles. So it's not about grinding gear for me. I play because I want to play, but the content I enjoy is being reduced patch by patch. What I hear you saying is that I should stop playing when I get a full set of gear. What would be the point of that?

I'm not even playing nearly as much as I used to because I'm hitting currency caps no matter what I do. My gear doesn't matter when I go out for a mission, so it doesn't help making the game fun and rewarding. Operations (with rewards) are limited to those we can get from the terminal, and from those they are limited to the ones where we don't have to swap class for the mechanics, and from those they are limited to what the group can actually finish. Some of them are way overtuned and if we don't have a full group of competent raiders it means we are running EV or KP HM with a pug or two. It gets boring. A lot of my friends already quit playing, and every day there's at least one more saying they are burning out with the game and consider quitting because it's not fun anymore.

In a situation where people quit playing left and right, you keep arguing that planetary content should also be grindy, boring and generally not fun. It sounds like you want people to quit, just because they enjoy simple stuff such as heroics. You don't have to do them if you don't enjoy them, and it doesn't affect you at all, if other people enjoy them.

Level sync is good - end of discussion..

Level synch is good (not because lack of level synch means easy game but because lack of level synch means no rewards). But 7.0 level synch is the worst version of it since it was introduced.

Level synch is good (not because lack of level synch means easy game but because lack of level synch means no rewards). But 7.0 level synch is the worst version of it since it was introduced.

Not a fan of it but if I have to put up with it I have to agree.

7.0 version is trash.

My question on the Level Sync, what is the purpose if there is no reward, there is no more xp gain at max level, and the quest rewards do not level sync (very minor exception being the heroic rewards, which are near worthless now), and there are no more random gear drops for some reason... back to the earlier question, is this a way to force people to quit so they can scrap the game? Or is it completely for the PvP?

My question on the Level Sync, what is the purpose if there is no reward, there is no more xp gain at max level, and the quest rewards do not level sync (very minor exception being the heroic rewards, which are near worthless now), and there are no more random gear drops for some reason... back to the earlier question, is this a way to force people to quit so they can scrap the game? Or is it completely for the PvP?

It's obvious isn't it? It is needed so the general population doesn't realize there is no new content because without scaling you'd be able to one hit world bosses on 90% of the planets! There is no new content, it works in WoW because they actually have more than 2h worth of planet progression (or zone)!

Imagine how boring this game would be if you could blow anything away "yeah that ancient dude, the one from you yavin you remember him? I aoe'd him down" is just not fun.

Also I am a broken record at this point but literally all they have to do is make presence unscaled on planets again so the general population doesn't have to play anymore, because quite obviously they just want to watch their companion win.

I have no idea what any of this has to do with PvP. Open world PvP is not existend, it will never be again.