Boycot All Crafting Until !!

mdobrowney

I say everyone boycot all crafting until bioware makes gear, weapons and mod better then the pvp gear that is buyable from the vendors. Before the game was released bioware claimed there would be a place for crafters in SWTOR. I did not think this place would be forgot about in space. I thought End game raiding and crafting would be at the top of the list of stuff bioware would be working on. Been over a month and all they did is nerf biochem and cybertech. LAME!

Easily done, just play the game.. You'll stop crafting at 50 400/400/400. I make 10 items a week (2 of the same enhancements a day which sell, amazingly) If these items didn't sell I wouldn't craft. When the market undercutters arrive, I won't make them anymore.

Crafting hits the ceiling hard, no boycott necessary.

I love the crafting system .. I do not want the system to change. I just want pvp gear from the vendors to be lower stat then top crafted gear.

I am not trying to troll but this arguments continues to boggle my mind...if crafted gear was better than PvP gear you would have PvPers crying that they have to craft to get gear for pvp. Likewise with raiding...what is the point in raiding if I can get all better gear through crafting.

It is a vicious circle. Could the crafting professions and gear have a better (or at least SOME) roll in endgame? I think so. Should it be better than PvP gear...mmm...I don't know about that.

No thank you.

Crafters will always be secondary in mmo's (well third really, behind both pvp & pve). That's because it's the least important to the majority of people. Maybe that sucks for those of us that are crafters at heart but it's just the way it is. That's not to say it should be ignored - crafters are often super dedicated to games and hopefully Bioware knows this.

I sorta/usually like the way the crafting system works at the moment. My gunslinger has a penchant for tinkering with his ship - so he has cybertech. Do I buy mods from the Fleet commendation vendor? Of course! Could I buy the same ones on the GTN? Probably... But I liked being able to craft some myself. It kind of feels like a hobby instead of a job, which is why I like it.

I have a profession in-game, it's being a gunslinger (or whatever else I'm playing at the time) - I'm neither a shipbuilder nor an engineer. Sometimes the whole re-engineering process can feel like lighting my credits on fire, but that's how hobbies work out.

I would like there to be more options available, but I don't really feel like I have to be able to craft a top of the line item for crafting to be rewarding.

If BioWare added a "Gambling" as a crew skill, where you lost 100 credits for every 95 you won, with no other upside than adding a title at 400, I'd switch out something and burn up credits to get it for my Smuggler - and enjoy every moment of it!

I am not trying to troll but this arguments continues to boggle my mind...if crafted gear was better than PvP gear you would have PvPers crying that they have to craft to get gear for pvp. Likewise with raiding...what is the point in raiding if I can get all better gear through crafting.

It is a vicious circle. Could the crafting professions and gear have a better (or at least SOME) roll in endgame? I think so. Should it be better than PvP gear...mmm...I don't know about that.

I think crafted gear should be better at PvE than PvP gear is, and it isn't.