Grade 2 researched compound

Geeluc

Sorry if this has been asked, I did search for it, but couldn't find anything.

OK, so I've only just got into RE'ing and I managed to find a 'blue' schem. When I checked what I needed, I have to have a 'blue' grade 2 researched compound.

I haven't seen anything like that so far. I've checked my servers GTN, nothing on there.

Is it something that needs to be RE'ed? Or found at random?

Thanks.

What is your craft skill? Each craft skill has a specific mission skill in which they acquire their blue and purple materials.

Armstech - Investigation

Biochem - Diplomacy

Armortech - Underworld Trading

Synthweaving - Treasure Finding

Artificer - Treasure Finding

Cybertech - Underworld Trading

If you want to be able to craft blues/purples, yes.

I have the ability to at the moment, I'm not sure where to get the 'blue' researched compounds from.

You're saying that I can get the compounds from investigation? But I thought compounds where from scavenging?

Soz about all this, just on a learning curve is all. :)

The RE button sometimes disappears - it's a known bug.

To get it back, do one of the following:

- open your inventory using I or whatever keybind you assigned to it

- interact with a vendor or the cargo hold

- open trade with a friend

For me, opening it with I always works and I don't need to be around a vendor to fix it.

Now you just have to do missions until about 65-80-ish to get the grade 2 stuff. Until then, you'll be getting grade 1 mats and companion gifts.

You can always keep an eye out for blue or purple crafting missions - in this case you'd want Investigation ones...not sure on the level for grade 2 researched stuff, maybe 110?

These will return blue materials or purple and usually a companion gift. Rarely you get a random schematic too.

I've also found that as you level your gathering skills, doing lower level missions yields more and more materials as you go. IE once you are running level 4 Investigations missions, if you do some level 2 ones you'll get a better return than when you first did them early on (if that makes sense)

Has anyone checked out this breakdown?

http://www.torhead.com/crew-missions/catg/4

I'm going nuts trying to get polyfibe for my barrel mods. I wish the mission descriptions would show possible mats/gifts instead of "moderate yield grade bla bla..." It would help out a bit lol.

While that's a good reference, it's not really giving info you didn't have already (through some translation in your head).

If you know you need polyfibe for your crafting, and on your crafting screen, hovering over Polyfibe shows that it's a Grade 2 Researched Compound. That means I pick an Investigation job for Researched Compounds in the 2nd drop down box for Investigation. In this case, being a purple, I'd probably just go to the GMT and buy a level 110 Investigation crafting mission, and that would for sure get me the Polyfibe.

OK, thanks, it's OK now...thank goodness.

OK, so, on with more questions. Again, sorry about these.

1. I've crafted a 'purple' item...now, is it worth RE'ing it? Or is purple the best you can get?

2. Can I only get schemes for the level I am? i.e. I have crafted a lvl 21 blue, but I know there's a lvl 25 blue, which will be a lot better (I'm 25 at the moment). Can I craft a lvl 50 item, for example?

You can craft whatever level your crafting skill allows (but you obviously can't use it until the required level).

As far as RE purple items, Yes (asterisk).

Check the RE sticky at the top of this forum because not all purples can RE into a schematic. Some will always be RE'd into materials and nothing more.

OK, so thank again.

Now, the other problem I'm getting is...I'm not levelling up any more.

I got to level 152 in Armstech. I can make some lvl 21 gear, so I've been making that, in blues and purples, but I haven't gone up from 152 in the last half a dozen crafts! Oh, wait, it's just gone up by 1 point.

I've had a look through the sticky threads, but I can't see any where about how to make sure you level.

Or is it that when you get to a point, not every 1 item will be 1 point, more like 3 items to 1 point?

Sorry, me again.

I just dropped slicing, so now I have Armstech, Scavenging and Investigation.

I now cannot see the 'RE' button, so I can't RE anything now? Or do I need a higher level?

That's a display bug. Hit Ctrl+U twice to refresh the UI and that should fix it.

if you aren't levelling up any more then you need to craft higher level things.

Visit your craft trainer for new recipes, the most expensive ones are the higher level ones.

When looking in your crafting window, use the drop down menu to arrange by level - this helps

and as someone has mentioned, there is a coloured circle next to the pattern in your crafting window - grey = no xp, green = 1, yellow, then orange is the most (not sure how many points for each)

I was, but it wasn't levelling, but it is now.

Basically, I got two blues and a purple, since there isn't many of them selling on my server, of the item I wanted for myself, I'm just making them and selling them on.

It's been a steep learning curve, but I think I got it now. :D