What is better armor?

dkangl

Tough comparison - it's almost apples to oranges. Essentially they are the same if you compare them at the level of the purple with appropriate leveled mods in the orange. The difference is that the modable armor can be upgraded continuously and the purple cannot, therefore the purple gets outpaced and the orange can stay with you if you keep upgrading it's components. So while one may initially be up an upgrade over the other, you will outlevel the purple and may continue to upgrade the orange, and in the end the orange is superior to the purple.

At level 50, operations purple drops are 'partially' modifiable as the key element (hilt, barrel, armoring) will be locked into the piece while the MOD and ENHANCEMENT (and crystal on weapons) can still be removed/replaced.

Edit: For levelling purposes, you basically have a choice to make; grind gear or grind mods. I really do not recommend going for full purple gear or full purple mods for levelling - blues are easily sufficient and far easier to obtain for the time and effort rqquired compared to the reward they provide.

Edited by Natarii

Hardened Plastifold Chestguard

Components:

6Silica

2Terenthium

8Desh

Binds on Equip

Chest

190 Armor (Rating 36)

Durability: 120/120

Item Modifications

Armoring: Open

Mod: Open

Enhancement: Open

Augment: Open

Requires Level 11

Requires Heavy Armor

Edited by CampusJedi

Hardened Plastifold Chestguard

Components:

6Silica

2Terenthium

8Desh

Binds on Equip

Chest

190 Armor (Rating 36)

Durability: 120/120

Item Modifications

Armoring: Open

Mod: Open

Enhancement: Open

Augment: Open

Requires Level 11

Requires Heavy Armor

I would take it and run. Of course, I have cybertech, so I've made all my own mods and armorings all game long. It gets a little tough finding nice augments or enhancements sometimes...usually not more than a level or 2 though.