Make Makeb Relevant Again - Bring Back Old Daily Missions (Not Staged Weekly)

arunav

Before 4.0, Makeb had a bunch of great daily missions (8) that were different for each faction, totaling 16. They were also all found on a terminal, making an easy pick-up-point for the Solo tab of Group Finder if brought back.

These missions were changed to one-time-only exploration missions when 4.0 came out and can't be repeated.

The missions themselves were found on each mesa on a datapad, generally, and then changed to the terminal for pickup after completing Makeb's story.

From 2.0 to the end of 3.x, it used to be possible to go back to Makeb and enjoy it as one of the most aesthetically pleasing environments in the game. Now, there is almost no reason to ever go to the planet. This is a shame.

Given its size, and that it's the last of the "launch-era design" planets, players would really appreciate it if you could at least just reactivate the quests that were already available and repeatable there, the dailies. They were well-designed and the last ones to be completely different by faction.

The same can be said for Ilum's daily missions, but at least that planet gets the Gree event as a reason to visit it. I don't know anyone who doesn't want Ilum's daily missions back too, though.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by arunav

*Signed - I agree, Makeb went to hell, along with a lot of other stuff, when 5.0 hit. Prior to that, I used to do the Makeb dailies almost every day and more than any other planet... since 5.0, I never once did Makeb again....

and now it's a ghost town and a shadow of what it once was - pretty sad.....

/signed

I'm all for bringing back the glory days of Makeb's dailies. While we're at it, please bring back Ilum and Belsavis dailies and add weeklies to them too. Not to mention the long-forgotten broken GSI weekly that still only yields the same amount of CXP as one of the dailies.

• 2 years later...

/Singed

I subbed on launch day. I stopped playing shortly after bioware destroyed crafting way back when, as that was my favorite activity, along with grinding dailies to get mats. When I re-subbed, most of the dailies had been removed, leaving this solo player with nothing to do, so I let sub expire again. The only reason I re-subbed this time is I'm on temporary disability, limited on what I can do due to failed surgeries on both shoulders, so I'm wasting some time (slowly) leveling toons to watch the movies again.

I cannot decorate strongholds the way I want to, due to hook limitations.

bioware removed a huge amount of stuff when they ruined companions by making them generic. I would like to see a log of the hours I wasted grinding dailies on Yavin 4 to gear up all my comps, only to have the gear disappear. Weapons I had purchased at vendors for my comps also disappeared.

The reason bioware removes stuff from the game is they have limited hard drive space, too cheap to add more storage for new content..

/signed

Literally never go on makeb, did the dailies only a few times during late 2.x and 3.x, as once I finished the reputation my time tended to be better spent on areas with unfinished reputation and later on doing heroics to get the boxes for odessen...

Honestly, make the daily areas give the boxes in their weeklies to make them slightly more worth it... though tbf the gearing system is doing that next expansion anyway with aquatics shudders

I'd way rather see Ilum: The Original Dailes be brought back, resoundingly, to make Ilum relevant again as it used to be a hot spot for a long time/ many years since launch.

But if BioWare restores Ilum first, then sure Makeb, but Ilum is much greater priority imo and attraction, historically:sy_star:

Edited by BlackSilverDawn

/signed

We need older planets to matter more. Makeb is very close to my heart. All the great memories I have made with my friends when it first came out. Make all dailies on planets drop the new currencies and tokens so we can choose which content we do. Add some old cartel market stuff that is cheap and no one buys it as rewards, along with some planet specific decos and we have them back bois.