6.x Set Bonus Armors - Running Out of Storage Space - Collections Inclusion?

arunav

Adding Legacy titles for each 6.x set bonus armor was a good idea for giving something back to players who stayed subscribed through 6.x and collected most or even all the set bonus shells.

Even if the point totals from the achievements go to 0, at least players will get some decent legacy titles from the process.

Thanks for reading over the feedback and implementing a positive change.

This may or may not be a lot of work, as I'm unaware of what's involved, but I thought I'd bring it up: keeping all these sets amounts to a ton of storage space. Is there any way they can also be put in Collections, like the Alliance crate armors soon will be?

As the game ages, even folks who never thought they'd ever need as many character slots as are on a server start to see this might not necessarily be true.

Most of the new characters I've created in recent years are simply used for storage. I didn't count, but 1 character may not even be able to store all the 6.x set bonus armors, which include some unique older looks from endgame or other sources that were previously removed from the game.

Especially with Combat Styles encouraging folks to play the 1.0 class stories again with what used to be a different advanced class, having multiple "ats" at a low level devoted to storage becomes a liability.

Since there's no practical way to replace the 6.x sets, I thought making a suggestion for their inclusion in Collections was, at least in theory, reasonable.

Edited by arunav

The 6.x sets will be useless come 7.0. Unless the level range is changed they have a minimum level of 75, and it has been announced that they will stop working at level 76, so there really is no reason to keep them other than for the cosmetic.

The 6.x sets will be useless come 7.0. Unless the level range is changed they have a minimum level of 75, and it has been announced that they will stop working at level 76, so there really is no reason to keep them other than for the cosmetic.

Right... Collections is generally for cosmetics, especially in regard to armor sets. There were some older endgame and other looks brought back with the 6.x set bonuses, and there won't be any practical way to get them again after 6.x ends.

This means storing dozens of 7-piece armor sets, if players care to keep them for cosmetic reasons.

That was the point of my post.

And, as usual, I will suggest that you simply make a 'mule' character who's inventory and cargo hold is used to store the sets. It's not as if you'll need quick access to them.

Note: This not to say I disagree with the OP. I'm just pointing out a basic workaround to forum readers.

Edited by JediQuaker