Why is the SWTOR folder read only in Windows 10, thus no combat logs!

Jarbarian

Anyone know how to fix this? The default SWTOR folder where screen shots, logs and where combat logs would go are all read only. I've changed permissions from admin and my account to full access but unchecking READONLY on the folder just automatically returns to read only.

NOTHING and I mean NOTHING I have tried works.

Has anyone run into this and is there any way to get rid of the read only check on the default SWTOR folder so I can start logging my combat stats?

Edited by Jarbarian

I don't know what your problem with getting combat logs is, but it's not the 'read-only' status on the folders.

I just checked my documents, and both my main swtor folder, and the combat logs folder it contains are 'read-only', but the individual combat log files are not. They are being created normally.

Are you certain you have only the one copy of swtor on you computer? You may be looking in the wrong place. Steam installed games (for example) often end up with different folder locations than direct installed games.

I think I fixed it even though the SWTOR folder says read only.

I basically had to apply wide open permissions across the entire computer and create the CombatLogs folder myself. After a few restarts of the computer and game, magically the CombatLogs appear.

Now I know how terrible I am at PVP :)