Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Varium
09.23.2012 , 09:59 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Tyran View Post
Does anyone know players who buy keys to open the lock boxes?
These guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Y4VPRlD0k
Obligatory SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/43YdkT 7 day sub, etc etc.

Flaniganican
09.23.2012 , 11:03 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorenia View Post
You really don't mind that we ALREADY lost normal content for these gambling boxes?
How did we already lose normal content when we are getting a new operation, a new warzone and new quality of life updates before the cash shop and the F2P model even begins?
The Hatemore Legacy
Flanagan | Jung Ma

Tojo_Hammer
09.23.2012 , 11:13 AM | #33
Its like... TCG for SWG all over again. Awesome looking items, vehicles, and decorations... All payed for because people will obviously do it.
Xerrik Raiz - Juggernaut
Varrel Novar - Powertech
Tojo Alkestes - Assassin

DjSnazzyduds
09.23.2012 , 11:22 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Flaniganican View Post
How did we already lose normal content when we are getting a new operation, a new warzone and new quality of life updates before the cash shop and the F2P model even begins?
I believe he means that the contents inside these gambling boxes would have otherwise been available by normal means such as part of a patch or an operation to name a few, but now we have to pay for the chance to obtain said contents.
The Abrams Legacy
Absolut 60 Sorcerer | Shazzra 60 Operative | Zelkinege 55 Mercenary | Ozur'jek 60 Juggernaut

Glower
09.23.2012 , 11:23 AM | #35
Random loot boxes for real money? EA u are crazy?
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

Glower
09.23.2012 , 11:27 AM | #36
Also, EA random it is... Do u remember 20% RE chances?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sorenia View Post
You really don't mind that we ALREADY lost normal content for these gambling boxes?
Yaeh! Just look at "new" recolored gear from 1.4...
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

Rayla_Felana
09.23.2012 , 11:32 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by AFKGCWBOT View Post
I doubt GW2 was bad. It's just the rumor biodrones spread around.
No, it isn't, login issues, pathetic security, random banning, WvWvW has immense combat lag, the game not working properly on machines that are well above the minimum requirements, then take the raging over 'nothing to do' and GW2 is getting it's own first wave of whine-mania.

Gilgothdae
09.23.2012 , 12:10 PM | #38
I really hope this gets shot down quickly or they don't limit it to just the shop. What ever happened to the good old days of boss drops and random loot. Screw this buy my gear crap.

Insomnio
09.23.2012 , 12:51 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
No, it isn't, login issues, pathetic security, random banning, WvWvW has immense combat lag, the game not working properly on machines that are well above the minimum requirements, then take the raging over 'nothing to do' and GW2 is getting it's own first wave of whine-mania.
None of that is true. For me, there are no login issues, no security problems, never been banned, no combat lag even with hundreds of people fighting, and no problem with the game running.

Im sure that some people could have issues running a game because of the various differences in built machines, but GW2 kills SWTOR in terms of how well it runs. For me TOR ran subpar, but GW2 is all high settings and consistant impressive framerate.

Voranis
09.23.2012 , 12:53 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Tyran View Post
One thing I'd like to point out to my fellow subscribers: Bioware will track what sells and what does not sell in the cash shop to figure out how to prioritize dev resources. I urge all subscribers to send Bioware a clear message that we are not pleased by this clumsy money grab. Support the game through our subs and criticism but do not buy these gambling boxes. Take a stand for the future of our game. Once Bioware sees that no one is falling for this trick, they'll have to actually make things that we want.

I never played STO. Can anyone tell us if people still buy these types of things? I can imagine that when they first launched, some people fell for it but they know better now.

In gw2, which I also play, no one I know bothers to buy keys to open the locked boxes. The boxes just get stacked in a single bank space. When someone happens to get a key, they open a box but no one I know buys keys from the cash shop. Does anyone know players who buy keys to open the lock boxes?
They went a step further with STO.
Every time someone opens a box and gets a rare loot there is a system wide message to all players.
"Soandso has recieved 'X'
Then that player is spammed for the next hour with tells and mail from players wanting to buy said item from them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin