Regarding Mastermode Flashpoints- not interesting anymore?

Hi there,

in the last couple of weeks I tried to get a group for mastermode flashpoints via activity finder. Since everybody is now raiding in operations to get the purple rataka gear and the OP-1-Catalysts for upgrading the pieces, it seems to be impossible to find a random group while on your own in activity finder for mastermode flashpoints.

Last time I tried I was waiting for several hours in the queue without a matching group for a completely random mmfp. At the end I had already forgotten I had listed myself when I signed up for a worldboss-farming group.

The last time I saw this phenomenon was before the galactic season 1 but with galactic starfighter. In my opinion this is quite disappointing because I like the challenges for a small group. I know that it would not be appropriate to drop raid gear in mmfps because it's not needed there but I think mfps need a little more attention to get more interesting again.

Sincerely,

Rhodaria

Edited by Rhodaria

I've noticed this too. Lately it can take several hours to get MM GF FP to pop.

I think it's a combination of people going for Nefra, etc, runs, rather than MM FPs, and the recent increase in 'leets' hassling other players over Starparse results, scaring off new players.

Edited by JediQuaker

I think it's a combination of people going for Nefra, etc, runs, rather than MM FPs, and the recent increase in 'leets' hassling other players over Starparse results, scaring off new players.

You're imagining that dps are hiding from group parsing :confused:

Ok so we follow that line of thinking. That would mean the queue is not popping because not enough dps are queuing. You're sitting in queue for hours as a dps because no one wants to be dps #2.

You reckon?

I queue as tank almost any hour of the day and off I go into a pop. Why do you think that is :)

You're imagining that dps are hiding from group parsing :confused:

I queue as tank almost any hour of the day and off I go into a pop. Why do you think that is :)

1. Dps aren't the only ones hassled by 'leets'. DPS mostly get grief as a result of Starparse, but Healers get grief from a 'lack of healing' and Tanks get grief from 'not holding agro' etc.

I didn't suggest that Starparsing leets are the only reason. I don't know what's confusing about that. 🤔

2. You pop any time of the day as a tank because you're one of the few doing MM flashpoints, duh. 😏

1. Dps aren't the only ones hassled by 'leets'. DPS mostly get grief as a result of Starparse, but Healers get grief from a 'lack of healing' and Tanks get grief from 'not holding agro' etc.

I didn't suggest that Starparsing leets are the only reason. I don't know what's confusing about that. 🤔

2. You pop any time of the day as a tank because you're one of the few doing MM flashpoints, duh. 😏

Your confusion isn't confusing to me.

You sit in queue for mmfp for hours. Only dps do that. Starparse is something you are paranoid about and post hyperbole about yet there is no lack of dps in queue so guess what. It's the same reason since the dawn of time, there aren't enough tanks (sometimes also healers).

Even if rewards were inflated the ratio wouldn't change.

Edited by Gyronamics

MMFPs are terrible for gearing purposes, imo. I believe the only people doing them either genuinely like them (i don't know that many people that do) or people working on achievements (and those usually premake). Queuing for a MMFP as a dps is a losing game. If you tank or heal however, i think your chances of getting a pop will increase dramatically.

Your confusion isn't confusing to me.

You sit in queue for mmfp for hours. Only dps do that. Starparse is something you are paranoid about and post hyperbole about yet there is no lack of dps in queue so guess what. It's the same reason since the dawn of time, there aren't enough tanks (sometimes also healers).

Even if rewards were inflated the ratio wouldn't change.

I listed as a healer, because that's the one I already have gear that is good enough. But even when healer was role in need I didn't get any matching groups. Relisting showed that healer was still the role in need.

Starparse is something you are paranoid about and post hyperbole about yet there is no lack of dps in queue so guess what.

I can assure you that as a iRating 327 player with a 326 main hand and 330 off-hand, (& 330 Implants) Starparse is not something I'm concerned about. 😁

Edited by JediQuaker

I wrote this 2 month ago - you were denying it, you said pops on your server were just fine.

I said that the new gearing system makes 90% of the games content obsolet, so nobody will go for it. You denyied that too - and startet arguing that players should play for fun, not rewards. And here we are now - because MM FPs are dead (like many other group content).

Bc all you need to gear up is doing Nefra NiM... over and over again. Something everyone could see 3 month ago. Star Wars - The Nefra Nim Show. The new system turned this game literally a One-Boss-Game. I'm sure, you will that dispute again - saying you need to run Op, FP, Heroics for the mats to upgrade. Yeah - you see how that is going.

Now you blame starparse, it would scare new players off. Funny thing is - most new players never heard of something like starparse.

Edited by Xhuuyaa

Well, first of all, I was only agreeing with the OP. Last week, MM GF was very slow, but last night it popped relatively quickly. And I made an off-the-cuff suggestion that hassles from 'leets' (due to Starparse) MIGHT have something to do with it. I did not suggest I was having problems.

Some of you people need to try to just have a civil conversation without constantly trying to find some sort of "gotcha" to bolster your own sad lack of self esteem. 😂🙄

That's odd, attacking people who have factual disagreements with what you say is your idea of civil conversation :confused:

If you don't feel you can back up what you say then maybe it's not actually a truthful thing to be saying.

Edited by Gyronamics

That's odd, attacking people who have factual disagreements with what you say is your idea of civil conversation :confused:

If you don't feel you can back up what you say then maybe it's not actually a truthful thing to be saying.

Lol! Pot, meet kettle. 😂

I'd be lucky if I can get a pop in my server + timezone + faction + (sometimes) role. I mean... what's the point of doing MMFP anymore? It only drops blue gear that only goes up to 326 rating. It's sad because MMFP is my favorite activity for years.

Why am I not tanking MMFP anymore? (or generally don't join the queue)

First of all, I would love to get a break from tanking :D But let's skip this point and go to the next one.

Weekly requires all FPs selected yet not all FPs are doable with PUG. Don't know about others experience, mine is, that half of the times somebody underperforms. People fly to lava in Lost Island, cannot meet the low DPS checks and sometimes healers have issues healing some bosses(Ortuno says hello to some). Am I a godlike tank? Nope. Am I doing mistakes? Hell yeah. But if you have a simply dummy fight and the boss enrages, what will happen on a boss with more mechanics?

So now I covered that half the FPs is a grind to get through, because despite the item rating some people simply cannot handle it.

So why do it? Honestly, tell me, why should I do it? There's literally 0 reward and incentive to do it and the people in the queue don't make me want to change my decision.

Gear? Nothing.

Rare crafting materials? Nothing or very rarely.

Credits to cover the wipefesT? Nope.

Items to help running the FPs? Nope.

Why would I Do that besides having a fun run with people? WHich, in my experience, is mostly not happening.

Edit> I don't mind people learning things, but the same way you don't learn your class on Brontes Nightmare you don't learn your class in some FPs.

Edited by Deaconik

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know, he is describing his experience your assuming to much.

Edited by Xorian-Lightborn