My only issue with GSF is there is no goal to work towards.

Duradel

I have begun to really enjoy GSF after hating it for the majority of galactic season 1. I have since fully upgraded my favorite ship, decked it out with my favorite cosmetics, won a few epic matches where i have 10+ kills 0 deaths, and earned a few legacy titles. But now there’s nothing to work towards other than some pure longevity achievements which will probably take over a year. No cosmetic rewards, character title unlocks, or stronghold decorations. What is there to motivate me to keep playing other than blowing up noobs? That gets old after a while and I feel there is so much potential for fun GSF rewards that isn’t being utilized whatsoever.

I have begun to really enjoy GSF after hating it for the majority of galactic season 1. I have since fully upgraded my favorite ship, decked it out with my favorite cosmetics, won a few epic matches where i have 10+ kills 0 deaths, and earned a few legacy titles. But now there’s nothing to work towards other than some pure longevity achievements which will probably take over a year. No cosmetic rewards, character title unlocks, or stronghold decorations. What is there to motivate me to keep playing other than blowing up noobs? That gets old after a while and I feel there is so much potential for fun GSF rewards that isn’t being utilized whatsoever.

There are stronghold decorations but there aren't a lot of them and strictly speaking they aren't really bought with GSF-exclusive currency, they're bought with Fleet Comms which you only get from the daily and weekly, or from the on-rails missions. A few are cartel market only, which is unfortunate ... not that BW shouldn't monetize things including decos but those decos are uncommon given the library of decos you could possibly get from random packs, so the only guaranteed way to get them is via Flash sales or dedicated decoration sales. Fortunately they aren't the majority. But yes, there should be more titles. Flight suits (more flight suits should be available from GSF than the CM in my opinion). Yes to more decorations.

Though, you can use GSF to earn Fleet Comms, and then buy the level 50 artifact box from the Fleet Comm vendor, and you do have a chance to get a Czerka Crate o Matic from that.

There are stronghold decorations but there aren't a lot of them and strictly speaking they aren't really bought with GSF-exclusive currency, they're bought with Fleet Comms which you only get from the daily and weekly, or from the on-rails missions. A few are cartel market only, which is unfortunate ... not that BW shouldn't monetize things including decos but those decos are uncommon given the library of decos you could possibly get from random packs, so the only guaranteed way to get them is via Flash sales or dedicated decoration sales. Fortunately they aren't the majority. But yes, there should be more titles. Flight suits (more flight suits should be available from GSF than the CM in my opinion). Yes to more decorations.

Though, you can use GSF to earn Fleet Comms, and then buy the level 50 artifact box from the Fleet Comm vendor, and you do have a chance to get a Czerka Crate o Matic from that.

I already have purchased all available fleet comm decos and armor sets, but there could be so much more. Ranked PvP has some of the coolest mounts, decorations, armor sets, and weapons in the game and hardly anyone plays it. GSF has the same pilot armor sets that have existed since 2011, and scout/propaganda decorations. It's disappointing.

well, yeah. its not great to get anything really

But, if you like or love the mode, then there isnt really a reason to give incentives.

I have played tons of matches, because i love the mode.

If I didnt like it so much, i would have probably stopped playing a long time ago, when i wasnt so good, lol

The main incentive right now is for seasons, and is why its painful at times to fly, win or lose.

But, in retrospect, its always been that way really.

Its just that you have less people caring about the outcome of the match.

When it comes to building and grinding things:

* Find a ship that suits you. find a good ship build recommendation and get all the right components&crew it requires.

* Master your first ship.

* Get all the most essential crew members.

* Master full row of 5 ships.

* Master all the ships!

* Get every crew member!

* Master all the compontents on all the ships!

* Did all of that once? Great. Now be sure to have a pilot on opposing faction too! You actually might wanna start working on this from the beginning.

* You dinged some GSF achis by now. Nice. Keep at it til you got 100% GSF achis.

All of the goals above are actually useful things that benefit you in a real way! Below, it'll start getting weird..

* So you have two pilot characters? Aww, that's so cute. At least juggle 14 fuil fledged pilots or so you filthy casual.

* What's that I hear? Most of your pilots are tainted by experience acquired via any other means besides GSF? Disgusting. Time to make your 1st pure character! Achieve purity by acquiring no experience or lvls anywhere besides GSF. As a bonus, once you reach lvl 75 by doing nothing but GSF, you actually reach GSF nirvana and unlock exclusive access to Pilot tier of Valhalla after your death.

* You play GSF on ONE server?? Stop fooling around already! Make pilot characters on ALL the servers and fly GSF EVERYWHERE!

* Do all of the above on all of the servers!

Besides grindy bits, there is of course advancing in personal skill. While your soon to be abandoned rl friends are " outside" pretending to " have fun", study the GSF. Become one with your ships! In prural! You figured each of the three strikefighters out? Nice. Now learn scouts, gunships and bombers. Become person who hears lamnetation of their enemies in /w after some matches. Maybe during early stages of match, you've seen some of your teammates write "hey guys, watch out for X!" in Ops. Become that X! Become a Top Gun! It gives you pilot's aura, which enables you to walk around in fleet in slow mo in your nifty flight suit, wind machine making your hair do cool things while at it.

Due to being one with the GSF, you've prolly by now made a pile of pilot friends! Begin talking about increasingly strange things with them in dark of the night.

Begin shilling GSF to your guild mates so that they, too, see the light.

GSF actually does awesome job at keeping track of your stats. Win%, KDR, Average kills, every single blaster shot your ships have ever fired, accuracy of said shots...all of it is counted and turned into stats and records. You could say every single GSF match is ranked! It is very rewarding on personal level to see constant improvement. Like..use one character to truly learn basics of GSF(brisk 100 matches or so) , then roll another character, fly 100 matches and see how their stats differ.Luc's 100 matches challenge somewhere on these forums seems like good fun too.

Edited by Stradlin

Some goals for you.

Learn to fly Scouts, Strikes and Gunships all to an equally extremely high level.

Become good enough that you regularly get accused of cheating when you aren't.

Be the guy that causes people to rage quit when they see you on the other side, before the match even starts.

Break 20 kills.

Break 25 kills.

Break 30 kills.

Break 35 kills.

Get accused of cheating.

Break 100k damage

Break 150k damage.

Get accused of cheating.

Have a 60% win ratio over 100 games.

Have 70% win ratio over 100 games.

Have an 80% win ratio over 100 games.

Get accused of cheating.

Learn power up locations.

Get accused of cheating.

Teach someone else from the ground up to fly to the same level as you do.

Watch your padawan get accused of cheating.

Know that if you play certain toons, you will be hard focused in the first game you play after logging in, even if you are winning.

Repeat all of the above on all servers.

Actively look for premades to battle while flying solo, because you need a challenge.

Achieved all of this? Well done, you are now an Ace and can retire from the game knowing you maxed your potential.

Edited by Ttoilleekul