Outfitter 7.1 - thank you for the updates, still needs work

KianSri

Edit: Preview/outfit viewer dragging DOES work with right click, excellent.

THANK YOU for the weapons toggle, and for moving the outfit list to the side. Both extremely good changes.

But PLEASE, please, please move the commit/cancel confirmation button. It's literally impossible to properly see what any new shoe options look like before committing because that button pops up and covers them. This is such a glaringly obvious layout issue.

So, thank you, now keep going please!

Edited by KianSri

If crotches are not good enough then you can right click and drag view to feet or something :rak_09:

Genuinely didn't realise they'd fixed that, I'd just been doing left click with obviously no effect lol. That's a huge relief, thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by KianSri

• Dev Post
Edit: Preview/outfit viewer dragging DOES work with right click, excellent.

THANK YOU for the weapons toggle, and for moving the outfit list to the side. Both extremely good changes.

But PLEASE, please, please move the commit/cancel confirmation button. It's literally impossible to properly see what any new shoe options look like before committing because that button pops up and covers them. This is such a glaringly obvious layout issue.

So, thank you, now keep going please!

Yep. Thanks for the notes. We've still got some cool changes rolling out for Outfitter (and other stuff) over the next couple of releases.

Yep. Thanks for the notes. We've still got some cool changes rolling out for Outfitter (and other stuff) over the next couple of releases.

I understand that it's still something you're working on, but can you give us any hints on what sort of changes? I've mentioned it before, but weapon sound customisation - being able to modify the sounds of your weapons - would be an amazing change.

It'd also be nice to be able to preview weapon sounds in the preview window, since each weapon has a different sound that the interested player might not like (another thing customising weapon sounds could fix).

Loving the changes so far.

Since you guys announced plans to increase the outfit slots in the near future, I am hoping you will also consider adding the ability to name outfit slots (like how you can name loadouts), that would make it way easier to find specific outfits.

Especially since otufits activate immediately when you click on them now so you can't even preview/check if you clicked the right one.

Is there any chance you’d let us have different lightsaber styles in the outfitter? For example a double bladed one with a Sith Warrior?

• Dev Post
Since you guys announced plans to increase the outfit slots in the near future, I am hoping you will also consider adding the ability to name outfit slots (like how you can name loadouts), that would make it way easier to find specific outfits.

Especially since otufits activate immediately when you click on them now so you can't even preview/check if you clicked the right one.

I can't get into spoilers but I'm looking forward to what you think in our next couple of updates. :-)

I concur on being able to name outfits.

Since some of my outfits don't match the combat style-weapon, for example my IA:

Vanguard Trooper uses blaster rifle/ IA Sniper uses Sniper Rifle - would be much easier if I can name outfit "Sniper" or "trooper".

Sorcerer/Assassin I can name "Palpatine" and "Darth Maul" - etc.:D:D

I can't get into spoilers but I'm looking forward to what you think in our next couple of updates. :-)

Nice, that sounds promising^^

After all, making outfits is the real endgame of SWTOR anyways so keep those updates/additions to the outfitter coming. :jawa_tongue:

Edited by Darthjantom

Is there any chance you’d let us have different lightsaber styles in the outfitter? For example a double bladed one with a Sith Warrior?

If by Sith Warrior you mean Juggernaut and Marauder, then no, I can confidently say they won't do that (animations don't fit etc.)

Otherwise, you already can have a double bladed lightsaber on a Sith Warrior. You just need to pick either the Assassin or Shadow combat style.

If by Sith Warrior you mean Juggernaut and Marauder, then no, I can confidently say they won't do that (animations don't fit etc.)

Otherwise, you already can have a double bladed lightsaber on a Sith Warrior. You just need to pick either the Assassin or Shadow combat style.

I suspect that Dave does, indeed, mean "have my Jugg/Mara/Guardian/Senti show a double-blade sabre in the outfitter slot", and as you say, that's not going to happen in a hurry, if at all. (Especially for Sentimara, where the dual-wield is a core part of the styles.)

What would be really cool for the weapon appearance slots is the ability to stamp a weapon over off hands that don't display like generators, knives, shotguns, focuses etc. I also wouldn't mind a covert weapon item that hides my off hand. Would be nice to play a Mercenary with the appearance of only one pistol without gimping the playstyle.

What exactly is a spoiler when it comes to QoL? I'm really curious why you would withhold information that we could already be excited about? All this does, is let our minds run rampant over what could be on the way: hood toggle, multiple weapon options per outfit, outfit names, wardrobe to create companion uniforms, saved outfits per account, splitting dyes into single colors to allow manual primary and secondary application...

I mean, by not limiting it to what you are actually working on, you can't meet my new expectations. Anyway, looking forward to what you announce. When, exactly, can we expect this announcement?

Edited by WHTJunior

• Dev Post
What exactly is a spoiler when it comes to QoL? I'm really curious why you would withhold information that we could already be excited about? All this does, is let our minds run rampant over what could be on the way: hood toggle, multiple weapon options per outfit, outfit names, wardrobe to create companion uniforms, saved outfits per account, splitting dyes into single colors to allow manual primary and secondary application...

I mean, by not limiting it to what you are actually working on, you can't meet my new expectations. Anyway, looking forward to what you announce. When, exactly, can we expect this announcement?

That's very fair. There are a number of reasons we won't always be explicit about changes or features in advance, given the ever changing nature of development schedules and unforeseen challenges.

That said, I was hoping that my response being off of a direct quote to being able to name outfits might point a clear signal on what I was referring to ;). Being able to name outfits is just one of the improvements we are looking to implement in an upcoming release, along with some other QoL in Outfitter and beyond. Stay tuned to future communications (like PTS) for more details.

That said, I was hoping that my response being off of a direct quote to being able to name outfits might point a clear signal on what I was referring to ;). Being able to name outfits is just one of the improvements we are looking to implement in an upcoming release, along with some other QoL in Outfitter and beyond. Stay tuned to future communications (like PTS) for more details.

I personally already got that from your response to my original post, but it is nice to have it actually confirmed to be the intention^^ :jawa_biggrin:

That's very fair. There are a number of reasons we won't always be explicit about changes or features in advance, given the ever changing nature of development schedules and unforeseen challenges.

All these improvements won't mean much without new outfits, new dyes, and new styles to play with. We need more hairstyles, more cosmetics and more eye colors, more hair colors, and UPDATE THE PC TEXTERS.

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2022 at 10:08 AM, AlanCopeland said:

t said, I was hoping that my response being off of a direct quote to being able to name outfits might point a clear signal on what I was referring to ;). Being able to name outfits is just one of the improvements we are looking to implement in an upcoming release, along with some other QoL in Outfitter and beyond. Stay tuned to future communications (like PTS) for more details.

Alan,

Thanks for the updates to the outfitter that went live yesterday. I have some feedback:

• 12 characters is not enough, for outfit names. If I want to use an existing armor set for the name, many of them are longer than this.
  • Can outfits without any stamps be demoted, so to speak, below the stamped, but not favorited, outfits?
  • Could we get the "Activate" button back? Sometimes, we want to work on an outfit, without wearing it at that time. Names help, since now I won't be randomly searching through them, to find the one I want, but giving the button back will help.
  • Hood toggle? (Up/Down/Off - or just Up/Off when there is no down version on the model)
  • A similar option to above could be used to show goggles/masks/ventilators on Togruta/Nautolans, maybe.
  • Unify Color option on weapons?
  • Companion option for stamped outfits, so I can apply them to companions. It is complicated to keep a squad uniform, when dyes, non-cartel pieces, etc. are in limited supply.
  • Like 1