I'm Out. Goodbye.

ReveredDead

After what I've seen with this new operation in this "update". After realizing that the only way to get higher level gear is through ONE operation. After realizing that all the time I spent doing NiM runs with groups to get to 330 was meaningless knowing that everyone would be at 330 months later and seeing that 330 rakata gear would be staying at 330. It makes me wonder. WHY DID I GRIND MY LIFE AWAY FOR EIGHT MONTHS ONLY FOR YOU TO MAKE IT ALL WORTHLESS. Why didn't you make 330 rakata gear into 334 or 336 gear? Like you jumped 322 Tionese straight to 330 with 7.1??? That's eight rating levels. By that standard, Rakata gear people earned should be at 338 rating with all the stats afforded to that rating. Now 340 is max rating and the only way to get it is? By playing through one absolutely hellish and somewhat buggy operation that even most prog veteran groups struggle to do. Only the most hardcore NiM raiders seem to run it on veteran mode and clear it. You might as well say it's Veteran mode and NiM mode cause story is just Veteran disguised as a story mode operation. And story isn't even worth playing since Veteran is the only way to get 332, 334 and 340 gear. People who have 330 rakata gear have zero incentive to play R4 story mode since the only gear they can get is 328. I don't know who at Bioware needs to hear this but: 95% of the player base are NOT MASOCISTS. We do not enjoy wasting hours of our life to get one piece of lousy gear. I genuinely think taking away the gearing system of 6.0 was the nail in the coffin for swtor. Eliminating the psychological satisfaction of knowing that no matter what you play. You will get better gear is detrimental to the casual player base. The infamous removal of the renown system. Which was a casual players best friend. Which might I add is the majority of YOUR PROFITS in subscription revenue. If the whole casual base was to cancel subscriptions tomorrow. Swtor would maybe survive for 6 months then run out of revenue. The NiM community IS NOT THE PLAYERBASE. The general player base enjoys content that is fun, fulfilling, challenging but still doable on a consistent DAILY BASIS, we like being able to play conquest, flashpoints AND operations with the possibility of obtaining the highest gear rating just as it was in 6.0 which was 306 (which is now 340 in 7.1). It wasn't easy, it was a grind. But we were not forced to play a specific piece of content to get it. You could've gotten 306 via flashpoints, operations or Pvp. There was no exclusive one path for people to go through. Everything about 7.0 and 7.1 has been incredibly hostile to Pug operation groups, hostile to casual players who pay your damn subscriptions and hostile to people who genuinely don't want to tangle with NiM raid groups. Bioware I think if you continue down this path. You will be well on the road to closing the coffin over the corpse at the wake that was once Swtor. I think after 10 years. You have only one chance to fix this or it's game over. Return us to something like it was in 6.0 or risk losing the whole fan base over the next year or two cause the moment a new Star wars MMO comes out. The moment you have any kind of competition in this franchise. Swtor will die overnight.
  • Like 1

This is what always happens to "endgame" gear - you grind and then in the next content drop you have to grind for the better "endgame" gear. That's why a lot just don't bother with the grind and ignore the "endgame".

Nobody forced you to waste your time (as you would put it).

This is what always happens to "endgame" gear - you grind and then in the next content drop you have to grind for the better "endgame" gear. That's why a lot just don't bother with the grind and ignore the "endgame".

Nobody forced you to waste your time (as you would put it).

Exactly why people who feel the same as me should cancel their subs and find a new MMO to play. Perhaps one who has developers who understand human psychology a bit better and is dedicated to keeping their majority player base satisfied. Unlike Bioware who takes a working system and absolutely destroys it in two updates. 6.0 was a system that many liked. It's why there is so much backlash from people like me and the most of the player base. If 7.0 was such a wonderful freaking revolution. People would be cheering in joy at how cool the new changes were. But look around friend. It's nothing but negative feedback that Bioware 100% deserves.

Edited by ReveredDead

Exactly why people who feel the same as me should cancel their subs and find a new MMO to play. Perhaps one who has developers who understand human psychology a bit better and is dedicated to keeping their majority player base satisfied.

Perhaps they are keeping the 'majority' of the playerbase satisfied - you're just not one of them. 😉

In spite of all the doom & gloom posts, the game seems to be going along just fine, anyway.*

In any case, this is yet another rant by someone who seems to fail to realize that you don't need the 'best' gear if you're not playing the 'best' (hardest) content.

* Note - I too have complaints. But mine have to do with things like EV MM final boss (Soa) being screwed up.

Edited by JediQuaker

Perhaps they are keeping the 'majority' of the playerbase satisfied - you're just not one of them. 😉

In spite of all the doom & gloom posts, the game seems to be going along just fine, anyway.*

In any case, this is yet another rant by someone who seems to fail to realize that you don't need the 'best' gear if you're not playing the 'best' (hardest) content.

* Note - I too have complaints. But mine have to do with things like EV MM final boss (Soa) being screwed up.

Typical response from JQ, who always has to trivialize people's concerns.

After what I've seen with this new operation in this "update". After realizing that the only way to get higher level gear is through ONE operation. After realizing that all the time I spent doing NiM runs with groups to get to 330 was meaningless knowing that everyone would be at 330 months later and seeing that 330 rakata gear would be staying at 330. It makes me wonder. WHY DID I GRIND MY LIFE AWAY FOR EIGHT MONTHS ONLY FOR YOU TO MAKE IT ALL WORTHLESS.

to have the best Gear Possible to start into the new Operation the minute the Servers go live, it literally always worked that way.

casuals wait for the patch and grab the easy to get gear. Hardcore players grind BIS only to do it again the very next time new gear drops.

No-one forced you to be a hardcore player, and let's be honest here, if it took you 8 Months to get gear you either had no clue how to get Gear efficiently or you are actually a casual who spent less then an Hour / Week in the game.

to have the best Gear Possible to start into the new Operation the minute the Servers go live, it literally always worked that way.

casuals wait for the patch and grab the easy to get gear. Hardcore players grind BIS only to do it again the very next time new gear drops.

No-one forced you to be a hardcore player, and let's be honest here, if it took you 8 Months to get gear you either had no clue how to get Gear efficiently or you are actually a casual who spent less then an Hour / Week in the game.

how has gearing always been like this when the last time something like this was around was prior to kotet, 6 years ago? casuals being able to get the best gear their own way has been a thing longer than this game has been out.

how has gearing always been like this when the last time something like this was around was prior to kotet, 6 years ago? casuals being able to get the best gear their own way has been a thing longer than this game has been out.

Back a few years ago, I was happily running around in 252 gear because I didn't want to do what it took to get 258 - which involved an OP if I recall. Then, as now, I did not need the 'best' gear to do the things I wanted to*.

* Disclaimer - my current gear rating is 329 however. 😏

Edited by JediQuaker

Back a few years ago, I was happily running around in 252 gear because I didn't want to do what it took to get 258 - which involved an OP if I recall. Then, as now, I did not need the 'best' gear to do the things I wanted to*.

* Disclaimer - my current gear rating is 329 however. 😏

I'd be happy to run around in my 306 gear if it worked the way it did in 6.0 (it was plenty good to do the content I wanted to do even in 7.0) but they have repeatedly nerfed it because they want people to re-gear hoping they will become so frustrated with the Conquest path that they will start queuing for group content. It is still beyond me why a game mode like GSF that requires no gear at all is the fastest and easiest way to get some of the best gear in the game. If needing the gear was the reason for limiting what you can get, GSF would only reward ship tokens.

I'd be happy to run around in my 306 gear if it worked the way it did in 6.0 (it was plenty good to do the content I wanted to do even in 7.0) but they have repeatedly nerfed it because they want people to re-gear hoping they will become so frustrated with the Conquest path that they will start queuing for group content. It is still beyond me why a game mode like GSF that requires no gear at all is the fastest and easiest way to get some of the best gear in the game. If needing the gear was the reason for limiting what you can get, GSF would only reward ship tokens.

I agree about the 306 gear. I did my share to EARN the 306. Even took the time to swap out MODS to "tweak it" the way I wanted it.

NOW???

Well ... I don't think I have to spell it out to the team what a number of us REALLY think about it!!

After realizing that all the time I spent doing NiM runs with groups to get to 330 was meaningless knowing that everyone would be at 330 months later

This says a lot right here. If you grind because you think it'll separate you from the crowd, you're grinding for the wrong reason. Lesson learned the hard way. Every tier update obsolesces the last.

306 Gear became worthless the moment you finished your first Conquest on any 76+ Character.

I repeat: BIS Gear has always become "worthless" the moment new Gear is released.

it's only Value is to prepare for patch day.

Back a few years ago, I was happily running around in 252 gear because I didn't want to do what it took to get 258 - which involved an OP if I recall.

Only MH and OH slots required to do particular OP or Ranqued PvP. Al the other 12 slots could be upgraded from 252 to 258 with crystals from different sources. But it did took long to get because most gear was specific and not BoL, so you could not even exchange relics/implants. And gold augments in 5.X were way more easy than now.

The current upgrades paths do seem like a joke (very much expected from BW). Making Conquest gear go beyond PvP is bad. And they could have made rakata go to 234 at least so the gear from Nim OPs (in general, not just nim Nefra) would be usefull.

But also, I agree with you. Since we already knew gearing will be crap; Issues like the one with Soa that we hit last night feel worst.

One of the most underrated aspects of the 7.0 outcry is the hilarity of ppl realizing that SWTOR is a constant gear grind. I'll forgive those who are new to the game from 6.0 on, but umm, this is the reality of this game since launch. Welcome to the party I guess? 🤔🤔🥴🥴

Given how easy it is to get 324/326 gear through flashpoints, there's really no excuse for staying with 306.

Given how easy it is to get 324/326 gear through flashpoints, there's really no excuse for staying with 306.

Clearly too many people made the choice to stay in 306 gear in 7.0. That was why Bioware added the old gear penalty (the "taking advantage of the synch system" is a smokescreen). Not enough people were being driven into the group content.

This is what always happens to "endgame" gear - you grind and then in the next content drop you have to grind for the better "endgame" gear.

So when can I expect this new content? How many hours of story will it be? Are we getting 3 or more new flashpoints? 3 or more operations? New skills for my favorite class?

I mean this plenty of new content has to justify a whole new gear system with 8(?) tiers of gear to grind. Is this content coming next tuesday because I haven' found it yet?

So when can I expect this new content? How many hours of story will it be? Are we getting 3 or more new flashpoints? 3 or more operations? New skills for my favorite class?

I mean this plenty of new content has to justify a whole new gear system with 8(?) tiers of gear to grind. Is this content coming next tuesday because I haven' found it yet?

If we did get 3 fps and 3 new ops, people like you would say "why not 4?". Some people are never happy. 😁

After what I've seen with this new operation in this "update". After realizing that the only way to get higher level gear is through ONE operation. After realizing that all the time I spent doing NiM runs with groups to get to 330 was meaningless knowing that everyone would be at 330 months later and seeing that 330 rakata gear would be staying at 330. It makes me wonder. WHY DID I GRIND MY LIFE AWAY FOR EIGHT MONTHS ONLY FOR YOU TO MAKE IT ALL WORTHLESS. Why didn't you make 330 rakata gear into 334 or 336 gear? Like you jumped 322 Tionese straight to 330 with 7.1??? That's eight rating levels. By that standard, Rakata gear people earned should be at 338 rating with all the stats afforded to that rating. Now 340 is max rating and the only way to get it is? By playing through one absolutely hellish and somewhat buggy operation that even most prog veteran groups struggle to do. Only the most hardcore NiM raiders seem to run it on veteran mode and clear it. You might as well say it's Veteran mode and NiM mode cause story is just Veteran disguised as a story mode operation. And story isn't even worth playing since Veteran is the only way to get 332, 334 and 340 gear. People who have 330 rakata gear have zero incentive to play R4 story mode since the only gear they can get is 328. I don't know who at Bioware needs to hear this but: 95% of the player base are NOT MASOCISTS. We do not enjoy wasting hours of our life to get one piece of lousy gear. I genuinely think taking away the gearing system of 6.0 was the nail in the coffin for swtor. Eliminating the psychological satisfaction of knowing that no matter what you play. You will get better gear is detrimental to the casual player base. The infamous removal of the renown system. Which was a casual players best friend. Which might I add is the majority of YOUR PROFITS in subscription revenue. If the whole casual base was to cancel subscriptions tomorrow. Swtor would maybe survive for 6 months then run out of revenue. The NiM community IS NOT THE PLAYERBASE. The general player base enjoys content that is fun, fulfilling, challenging but still doable on a consistent DAILY BASIS, we like being able to play conquest, flashpoints AND operations with the possibility of obtaining the highest gear rating just as it was in 6.0 which was 306 (which is now 340 in 7.1). It wasn't easy, it was a grind. But we were not forced to play a specific piece of content to get it. You could've gotten 306 via flashpoints, operations or Pvp. There was no exclusive one path for people to go through. Everything about 7.0 and 7.1 has been incredibly hostile to Pug operation groups, hostile to casual players who pay your damn subscriptions and hostile to people who genuinely don't want to tangle with NiM raid groups. Bioware I think if you continue down this path. You will be well on the road to closing the coffin over the corpse at the wake that was once Swtor. I think after 10 years. You have only one chance to fix this or it's game over. Return us to something like it was in 6.0 or risk losing the whole fan base over the next year or two cause the moment a new Star wars MMO comes out. The moment you have any kind of competition in this franchise. Swtor will die overnight.

I shall miss you and your giant paragraphs. :rolleyes: