Where is Malgus going next?

NobPL

I remember seeing thread like this when we've been deducing Theron's destination after Copero.

So, Malgus is apparently looking for specific Jedi artifacts. What we know is that what he took from Dantooine is something related to mind manipulation techniques JC used on Revan, so might be a tome from one of Dantooine's masters. I don't think it's a holocron, because there's usually problem with accessing them if you're on the opposite side of the Force.

Now what he took from Ossus is a mystery, as there weren't any named "tomes" inside there as I recall, the only thing of note was Dark Holocron I think. Also it'd have to be back from Exar Kun's era and before and there isn't much info about any "tomes" in there either. I assume it'll be just some random known Jedi Master's book, like Ood Bnar or so.

Malgus seems to be free from Vowrawn's/Acina's control, so I'd assume he won't look for knowledge related to healing from that control. He seemed to be looking for raw power after "his chains were broken".

That said, there aren't many known Jedi Academies/Ruins at this point in time where he would go to, so I'd assume it's one of these:

1) Tython - quite obvious ancient jedi ruins, especially since after KOTFE/KOTET Jedi didn't seem to return to it, but we already have a flashpoint there

2) Telos - I think it's most likely this, Atris gathered a ton of Jedi/Sith artifacts (although she surrounded herself with mostly Sith holocrons) and some of them were untouched even by the time of prequel trilogy.

3) Coruscant - most protected planet in the galaxy with Malgus being Number One on the most unwelcome visitors list? not likely, but still mentioning it due to ruins

4) Ilum - he already was there, so also not likely

There are some smaller Jedi Academies around the galaxy, but I don't think they had enough of an exposition to make it viable for SWTOR story

Telos would be a good choice in my opinion. Like the ruins of the Jedi enclave on Dantooine, it's a revisit of a location from a previous KOTOR game, but is also something completely new for this game. I hope they go with that.

Maybe he'll surprise us and go steal a sith artifact next.

I got the impression that the "mind wiping" thing wasn't mentioned at complete random, maybe that'll be a theme? Malgus will be hunting down various sources on mind-control/warp/altering/wiping and attempt to use it somehow, maybe even on himself?

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

I got the impression that Malgus has gotten rid of the physical restrains that were put on him, but there is some sort of Castellan Restraints on him that he needs to remove (not the same one used on Cipher Nine but a sort of ritual that force him to obey the Empress/Emperor like the one Valkorion used on Vaylin).

Would love to see Telos in SWTOR. If Malgus is looking for the mindwipe technique the Jedi did on Revan, it is a logical place to go to. Since Atris' place in KOTORII is on a snow mountain, it would not be too much trouble to make it in SWTOR, and the facility itself would be a great flashpoint map.

I'm betting we'll head to Telos since Atris had a bunch of Sith artifacts there, also he already removed the constraints as confirmed by both Aryn Leneer and Darth Krovos. Its likely whatever he is searching for at the moment is meant to give him some edge against us.

Telos is a good idea. Onderon is a possibility. Coruscant would be really cool. Ziost would also be an interesting idea - when Vitiate wiped all life from the planet, all the stuff would be left behind, so it would make sense that it would attract a LOT of scavengers a la Taris looking for Sith artifacts.

As for what it is...no idea. If they continue the K2 theme perhaps he's trying to recreate Kreia's project and destroy the Force. Kreia was a master at the Dantooine enclave during the mandalorian wars, it's possible she left something behind (a signed flimsiplast of The Fountainhead).

Or maybe it's a version of what the Exile did. Certainly, leaving an imprint of himself that Aryn Leneer could recognize and using that to destroy the temple is a pretty unusual force power. In K2, the Exile wasn't using the Force, he was parasitizing off his allies reserves. Perhaps Malgus found a way to do this and it was actually Aryn who destroyed the temple. Not like possession but using her power as a source.

The thread title is an efficacious spoiler, since it gives away that we didn't get to kill him.

If you mean to new players, look at the title screen of the game first :p

If you mean to the ones before the FP, I don't think anyone would think we'd just get rid of Malgus like that, it took a planet and 2 FPs before and it didn't even stick

Edited by NobPL
info addition

If you mean to new players, look at the title screen of the game first :p

For sure he's on there, but a *new* player wouldn't know that he is Malgus, and there's no label on there saying "See this dude? He's Darth Malgus, and he will survive every single encounter you have with him, including the latest flashpoint."

The spoiler isn't that we meet him (er, strictly, the *player*character* doesn't, anyway), nor that he's involved. No, the spoiler is that he survives.

If you mean to the ones before the FP, I don't think anyone would think we'd just get rid of Malgus like that, it took a planet and 2 FPs before and it didn't even stick

For sure, but someone who sees your thread title will *know* for sure that he survived. Again, the spoiler is that he survives. Even if it's the most likely outcome, saying so is a spoiler.

For sure he's on there, but a *new* player wouldn't know that he is Malgus, and there's no label on there saying "See this dude? He's Darth Malgus, and he will survive every single encounter you have with him, including the latest flashpoint."

The spoiler isn't that we meet him (er, strictly, the *player*character* doesn't, anyway), nor that he's involved. No, the spoiler is that he survives.

For sure, but someone who sees your thread title will *know* for sure that he survived. Again, the spoiler is that he survives. Even if it's the most likely outcome, saying so is a spoiler.

I agree with this. Before I played the FP I assumed we'd be resolving Malgus. I think this thread should be moved to spoilers sub-section, not just because of the title but because it fits that content more..

• 4 weeks later...
My assumption is his quest for artifacts has to deal with healing himself so he did not have the nightmares and the side effects his little droid buddy was warning him about. He is no longer controlled by Acina, but the scars needed healing?

This might or might not lead anywhere, but I noticed that when you click the Smuggled Art crate from Altur one of the artworks is unique and doesn't show a location previously seen in the currently available painting decos.

https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/smuggled-art/

^

Best tried in your own stronghold if you want to see the detail up close. It has some landscaped gardens type of environment, daylight and reskinned Zakuulan assets. I don't think it's just "Zakuul in daylight" for what it's worth. Perhaps a hint of things to come? Maybe just wild speculation on my part.

Something in the background of Heta Kol's Cartel Armor pic makes me think of Geonosis. Could those statues be outside of an arena? Will she and Shae eventually fight for supremacy while bugs watch(no idea what our player characters can do)? If so, can Malgus ALSO go there for the sake of condensing the story? Malgus and Shae go way back, so it's not totally implausible. No relics I can think of there, therefore it wouldn't be the *next* place he went.

Could that garden be some Ithorian restoration handiwork on Telos? Didn't play KOTOR 2, just fell down a Wookiepedia black hole for the sake of theorizing, because wild Malgus guesses are pretty fun.

Edited by EmperorPallas