Legacy of the Sith is too short

Elementosbr

I was expecting for legacy of the sith to have more story quests, it is too short, I did a few quests and one flashpoint then it was done. What do you guys think about this expansion? Liked or not? How long will Bioware take to patch the game with the rest of the story?

The whole thing felt to me like a prologue to the expansion.

The whole manaan thing just wasn't engaging in any way, it was pretty much a filler to allow the player to get used to the new UI and combat styles. You basically ran around a bit killing a bunch of mobs doing not very much with very little actual story development.

The Elom FP did advance the story to an extent but the main char in the cinematic only turned up for a 2 min cut scene when it was all over.

None of the promised Mandalorian civil war, no further romance developments, we still don't know what Malgus has been up to and I simply don't care about some grumpy Selkath.

That said I do play exclusively for the story nowadays and I am anticipating further storyline updates now that BW have thrust their train wreck of a new UI on us. I am looking forward to more updates and all of the story developments they have promised us. I just wish the launch of a "new expansion" had contained more than a couple of hours of filler chapter. This wasn't an expansion, it was an update patch......a badly deployed update patch at that.

I just hope BW get 7.1 out soon. There simply is not enough in 7.0 to keep people who play for the story interested.

My biggest problem with it so far is that it's just so damn boring. I'm stuck at Manaan 'cause I've got barely no interest in playing this expansion with it's multitude of problems. Imp side NPC's are annoying and don't even see to know who my Sith Warrior is.

I'm surprised this was called an expansion instead of a story chapter or update or whatever.

From the beginning it sounded like the Traitor Arc (which IIRC, was never called an epansion but a story update or chapters or continuation or again whatever). From the previous expansions like Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan to Onslaught with Daily Areas, etc., to the almost mostly story focused chapters of KOTFE/KOTET, this never felt like none of the above to me as info started dripping out when, like last summer. It always felt like the Traitor Arc, sounding like will get a drop story, and then a few months later will get another scrap of story, and a few months later will get another scrap of story...

• 4 months later...
I understand the feeling of "That's it?", but remember the story started with Jedi Under Siege. It is a shame we haven't been given new story yet such as the Mandalorian Civil War, but the storyline itself is not short. We're getting it piecemeal and probably too long a wait. When you're used to having played all previous content in a long stretch of beginning to end of plot, it's jarring when you reach the end game of the story so far you're not getting all of it at once. When I joined the game, the end of story was Theron's Heroic Sacrifice. I played all the way through on my characters having a great time. All that came after I had to wait piecemeal, so each new bit of story was "too short".

I understand the feeling of "That's it?", but remember the story started with Jedi Under Siege. It is a shame we haven't been given new story yet such as the Mandalorian Civil War, but the storyline itself is not short. We're getting it piecemeal and probably too long a wait. When you're used to having played all previous content in a long stretch of beginning to end of plot, it's jarring when you reach the end game of the story so far you're not getting all of it at once. When I joined the game, the end of story was Theron's Heroic Sacrifice. I played all the way through on my characters having a great time. All that came after I had to wait piecemeal, so each new bit of story was "too short".

The problem is that 7.0 was supposed to be a big expansion full of stuff, and ...

* Chunks of the story stuff weren't delivered.

* Chunks of the non-story PvE stuff weren't delivered (R4, Manaan dailies)

* They spent way too much of the expansion budget on reworking gameplay systems rather than on providing content.

("Content" in the broad sense meaning "stuff to do", rather than "gameplay systems" meaning "ways to do stuff".)