Referral help

Prcofix

Hey guys!

So i made my account a few years back, but didn't play much and never subscribed.

I now got back in a few days ago and plan to play it now, at least the solo story parts.

I couldn't find anything for that situation regarding referral link benefits. It's either for new accounts or ex-subscribers.

And then i subscribed yesterday (wanted to ask first but forums didn't let me post without subscription lol, way to go making new players unable to ask anything before commiting) without any link. Is there a point to still click on someones link?

I saw in game advertising from people paying in game credits for clicking their link, so i suppose the one whos link it is still gets the coins, it's only a question if i get anything?

P.S. Those that "pay" for referral click, are those scam or is that a thing in the game?

Thanks!

Is there a point to still click on someones link?

There is.

https://www.swtor.com/info/friends

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/friends-of-swtor/

I saw in game advertising from people paying in game credits for clicking their link, so i suppose the one whos link it is still gets the coins, it's only a question if i get anything?

See above for what each person gets.

P.S. Those that "pay" for referral click, are those scam or is that a thing in the game?

Some are honest, and some will take your click, put you on ignore, and not give you the credits. We get people on here from time to time complaining about how they clicked someone's link, and the someone didn't hand over the credits.

We also get complaints from the (presumably) honest ones, complaining about how whenever they post an offer, others speak up in chat accusing them of being scammers.

And one who got "scammed" in reverse when he offered half up front. The person he paid took the money and ran...

There is.

https://www.swtor.com/info/friends

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/friends-of-swtor/

See above for what each person gets.

Some are honest, and some will take your click, put you on ignore, and not give you the credits. We get people on here from time to time complaining about how they clicked someone's link, and the someone didn't hand over the credits.

We also get complaints from the (presumably) honest ones, complaining about how whenever they post an offer, others speak up in chat accusing them of being scammers.

And one who got "scammed" in reverse when he offered half up front. The person he paid took the money and ran...

Thanks for the answers.

The links you provided i already saw, but there's that either preffered or new. So i suppose i don't get anything lol, doesn't matter.

About the paying for clicks, so it means it is a thing, people do it but there are dishonest people, not a big surprise :)

Do you have a referral link? As it is irrelevant for me anyway which i click i'd click yours for the help, for your answer here :)

Thanks for the answers.

The links you provided i already saw, but there's that either preffered or new. So i suppose i don't get anything lol, doesn't matter.

There are two bundles for the person who clicks, one if you create the account *from* a referral link, and the other if you click the link and then subscribe *or* subscribe and then click the link. (So yes, you do get something.)

About the paying for clicks, so it means it is a thing, people do it but there are dishonest people, not a big surprise :)

Sure, just wanted to warn you that yes, they might be dishonest. Or honest.

Do you have a referral link? As it is irrelevant for me anyway which i click i'd click yours for the help, for your answer here :)

Look below the line in the bottom part of my posts - the bottom link is to the latest patch notes (so I can find a link to them), and the other is ... well ... yes, it's my referral link.

Ok, got it. It's then worded funny. Or it's that english is not my first language lol

I got it as i need to be subscribed in the past to get the other bundle.

I'll click your link. What you get is better given to a guy that wants to spend time helping a noob in forums than someone who might or might not give extra rewards for it lol :D

Edited by Prcofix